AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-09, 07:02   Link #61
carmolita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirakuru View Post
Well, I would pick the manga over the anime just because it is the original, the artwork is better, it is better at capturing the characters' emotions, it is further along than the anime (of course), and because.. well it's manga. =P

And just to note, the manga might be better for you because you sound like a hardcore Kaname fan. A lot of Kaname fans complain that the anime is Zero-centric. I still find the anime enjoyable despite its flaws, so I suggest you watch it if you have time to spare.

I don't think your character preferences should affect whether you follow a series or not.. you never know what will happen in the ending.. until it happens. Even if one character seems much more likely to "win" than another, you can never really know. The tide can change drastically within a single chapter.

That being said, since you seem to really like at least one of the characters (Kaname), I think you should follow at least the manga or the anime so that you can observe Kaname in action and see his character development, etc. I mean, he is one of the protagonists, afterall. As a result, a lot of the spotlight focuses on him, and he will have his good moments and bad moments, like every other character in the series.

I have one more thing to say; try not to bash any character. =] I know you weren't exactly 'bashing' him, but if you want to criticize Zero or his behaviors, then take it to his character discussion thread. This thread is devoted to the relationships in the series, though you can discuss his relationship with others. ^^
I agree that the manga is much more better than the anime~mostly because it defines the characters more. But it's not just the fans that think the anime was more centered on zero, but the Voice acotors themselves also thought that as well. They said it in an interview before the second season~ that the first season focused too much on zero and his story and not enough on other characters. As a result many fans didn't start liking kaname all that much until the second season~ unless you read the manga of course I hated that they cut out the kaname x yuki kiss - but kindof forgave them since they gave a good ending. Despite everything even though she left with kaname she was thinking of zero... I found the anime quite enjoyable because I already knew the truth behind the characters
Old 2009-01-10, 15:00   Link #62
smoke123

hmmm i have not read the manga...but...i flicked through the last few chapters...

the anime indeed to seasoned watchers is focused more on zero....

unless the second part of the manga focuses on kanames past.... im positive yuuki will end up with zero...

tbh the author is trying to give seasoned watchers a run for their money by changing
some of the "rules" that determine who ends up with who...

the only solid fact here is...if yuuki has chosen kaname at this point in the manga,....

the romance ends here? what is the point of a continuation

the only two choices would be

1) keep the current relation ship b/w kanama and yuuki and just have vampire fights here and there with zero

2) show the change b/w zero understanding what he is truly a human a vampire or something else ....and yuuki "graduating" from her first love....

on a personal note....if choice 1 was chosen the manga wud just dragon ball zd...

if choice 2 were chosen and STILL She ends up with kaname...basically.....
if zero were to exist hed be in the top percent of most unhappy people ever born
Old 2009-01-11, 06:26   Link #63
carmolita

Actually right now I think that zero is very content w/himself.. If he wasn't he would of fought for yuki to stay instead he more less pushed her out the door.. I don't view this as a total romance but more of a coming of age story. If yuki had remained with zero their would be no need for them to go on with the anime/manga. Either way even if yuki did pick zero they would never live happily forever unless she remained his food. His life is still not his own because he did not drink shizuka blood himself. Zero does not have eternal life~ kaname does.
Old 2009-01-12, 09:17   Link #64
yoh_fangirl

for me there was always something so dark and sinister about kaname, like he had a hidden agenda. and that Yuuki, by being at his side, would be in danger. and im not sure if yuuki is really inlove with kaname, perhaps it just admiration. its so obvious that zero is completely inlove with her. but what happens in the future is so unpredictable... cant wait to read the next chapter.
Old 2009-01-12, 17:17   Link #65
carmolita

I think kaname is more like an open book. He left nothing to chance and revealed the truth to everyone. I liked that in the anime he explained everything. If he really was so sinister and had a hidden agenda l~ Aido said it best he would of used them to the end and told them nothing. So he actually does care about everyone, but you musn't forget why he did everything ...It's not only because yuki is his only family, but because he promised their mother to protect her and he only had 10years and 1 shot to get it right. Even Zero can't deny that one I think yuki really does love him, because she loved him when she knew nothing : I don't think it will change now that she's awakend. The question your looking for is how strong is that love for kaname in comparison with Zero? and the awnser to that has yet to be revealed..
Old 2009-01-13, 22:53   Link #66
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

I feel like kaname loves Yuuki unconditionally. Zero has his conditions. ( She's a evil pure blood) I am so discusted with him right now. He needs to go and get his head scruwed on right. He had his reasons true but still, Yuuki deserves better then a gun to her head. Kaname in the meen time is loving and protective. Zero has to work hard if he wants to win Yuuki.
Old 2009-01-14, 00:21   Link #67
Mirakuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
I agree that the manga is much more better than the anime~mostly because it defines the characters more. But it's not just the fans that think the anime was more centered on zero, but the Voice acotors themselves also thought that as well. They said it in an interview before the second season~ that the first season focused too much on zero and his story and not enough on other characters. As a result many fans didn't start liking kaname all that much until the second season~ unless you read the manga of course I hated that they cut out the kaname x yuki kiss - but kindof forgave them since they gave a good ending. Despite everything even though she left with kaname she was thinking of zero... I found the anime quite enjoyable because I already knew the truth behind the characters
Ah, really? xD I hope you don't mind me asking.. but do you have a link to the interview? ^^;
Old 2009-01-14, 18:42   Link #68
carmolita

Not at all http://www.vampire-knight.jp/special.html

It's from the official site Enjoy.
Old 2009-01-15, 12:54   Link #69
kasumicc

I watched very little of the anime...so, I don't know how Kaname's feelings towards Yuuki were portrayed.

I've heard that the anime ended with a scene similar to the most recent manga chapter. I liked Yuuki as a character, until that scene.

I'm not into the shipping wars, really; my choice used to be KanamexYuuki, until we discovered their true relation; after that, I started to support ZeroxYuuki
At least in the manga, Kaname's feelings for Yuuki are seen like really brotherly; he doesn't look like he's interested on having Yuuki as his lover, even though that's what normally pure blood vampires would do. In fact, I like how Kaname treats Yuuki It's Yuuki who pisses me.

She pisses me because she doesn't seem to get the true feelings of Kaname towards her; and she doesn't seem to give a damn either for Zero's feelings towards her. She thinks she loves his brother...I'm really hoping for something to happen that would make her question herself; right now, she's looking for safety, not love.
Old 2009-01-15, 23:26   Link #70
carmolita

Just remember kaname is not her natural brother..The difference is she doesn't know that...It doesn't surprise me that matsuri Hino created kaname and yuki relationship that way.. Purebloods are considered Royalty and intermarry to keep their bloodline pure. It is the same in our world Especially in Europe.. brothers and sisters don't marry but cousins often marry to keep the royal bloodline pure... Just about every Royal is related to one or another in more than one way.. But in actuality any relative after the 5th generation typically cousins are not related to you..they are removed ..
Old 2009-03-02, 05:42   Link #71
bonjob

i thought yuuki would end up with zero
when I knew that kaname was just only his brother.
but the ending was worst! I don't like it!
SEASON 3 please?
Old 2009-03-02, 18:41   Link #72
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjob View Post
i thought yuuki would end up with zero
when I knew that kaname was just only his brother.
but the ending was worst! I don't like it!
SEASON 3 please?
Yuuki believes Kaname is her brother but the truth is that Kaname is not her real brother.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2009-03-12, 05:57   Link #73
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Kaname is the symbol of the "noble vampire". Cunning, intelligent, bound to his word and care about his surroundings. Perhaps if the time calls he's not hesitating to sacrafice someone for something greater value.
Zero was his "toy" to defeat Rido and save Yuuki... For him Zero has little value not to mention that his(Zero's) whole personae leads to self-destruction.
I'm leaning towards Kaname in terms of Yuuki's love but Zero still had a chance. Yuuki's very kind(and not only in vampire standards but in human standards too), so Zero has one chance to catch Yuuki's haerth: Pity. Yuuki's overly kind attitude a key for Zero. But it's only a slim chance.
Old 2009-04-05, 09:13   Link #74
KimmyChan

I've always thought that Yuuki and Kaname would be the best VK couple

I've never been too keen on the whole Yuuki and Zero combo though
Old 2009-04-07, 06:54   Link #75
ila-chan
ermmm...

To love KanamexYuuki you'll have to foreget that they're siblings...

I'm a ZeroxYuuki fan. But I don't mind a KanamexZero though
Old 2009-04-22, 06:09   Link #76
KimmyChan

KanamexZero eh???!!! INTERESTING COMBO THERE!!!
Old 2009-04-24, 03:53   Link #77
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Well...Kaname and Yuuki not exactly siblings(cause we know well what Rido done to Kaname when he was young), but blood related. But we speaking about vampires...Kaname exactly mentions that they're monsters so it doesn't matter if they're siblings or not. Human laws just plainly useless on them.
Old 2009-04-24, 10:50   Link #78
KimmyChan

I think that Yuuki's schoolmates should be fixed up
Old 2009-06-19, 04:25   Link #79
nana4ever

I am rooting for kanamexyuki. I personnaly feel like a zeki ending way to predictable. I like zero but to me he is the typical angst boy with a bad attitude who had a hard life so he should get the girl. I have seen that too many times before. I mean right now yuki is with kaname but of course she will probably be thinking of zero,like come on who doesn't see that coming? To me its a better twist if she stays with kaname since most people think bcuz they got together now she will find her way back to zero to me that would be predictable and déjà vu.
Old 2009-06-21, 11:08   Link #80
KimmyChan

I wonder if any more romance will be on the cards for any of our characters
Closed Thread