It's TaleSpin! TALESPIN!!!
Okay! Okay! I'm sorry I messed it up!

As for Della Duck. I'm wondering if they'll bring up the fact that she's

Spoiler:
Old 2017-08-18, 12:19   Link #82
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Funniest Moment in Episode 1:

Scrooge (Clutching onto Flying Dragon's Back) : HA HA~~!! It'll take more than some fancy flyin' to shake ol' Scrooge you cash cannibal!
(Dragon CRASHES through multiple buildings.... )
Scrooge: (Covered in cuts and contusions ) Wheeze.... It'll take more than a bruised spine to shake ol' Scrooge.... ye... bad dragon dog ye!

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2017-08-18 at 12:36.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-04, 20:32   Link #83
NapoleonDeCheese

You know, thinking about Della's hinted role in the new series, plus the fact they've made such a secret about Magica, made me think...

Spoiler for Theory:
NapoleonDeCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 05:16   Link #84
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Can't wait to see what they'll do with Chip And Dale Rescue Rangers
Old 2017-09-24, 11:00   Link #85
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for ep.3:
Old 2017-09-24, 18:56   Link #86
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Look Disney;

You want a strong role model for little girls, and that IS commendable.

But turning Webby into a loud and obnoxious bully who screams and yells EVERY line of dialogue and CONSTANTLY threatens and beats up boys to assert dominance ISN'T making her a strong and positive female character; it just makes her a loud and obnoxious bully.

You've done the impossible, Disney; you made me MISS the OLD so-sweet-she'll-give-you-diabetes Webby.
Old 2017-09-24, 21:05   Link #87
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

I am gonna miss the old klutz Gyro at least we still have our good ol oh the ground launchpad.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-25, 11:20   Link #88
James Rye

Still waiting for the first Huey episode. Hope there is a little more to him than just the good boy's scout big brother type.
Old 2017-09-25, 12:35   Link #89
Twi

Scrooge has a fair reason to keep them both. They're competent. They're also crazy and they'd want revenge. It's like with Webby: you want them on your side when they're in crazy mode.
Old 2017-09-26, 21:12   Link #90
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Hmm, a violent, short tempered, overbearing and domineering bully,
Who is prone to erratic mood swings and paranoia
and an inability to interact with normal society or trust/empathize with normal people.

Webby is practically a young sociopath in the making!

It seems every generation needs a new Sarah Connor to teach little girls that beating, abusing, bullying and (literally) trampling over men and little boys is the proper way to get what you want in life.
Old 2017-09-27, 00:10   Link #91
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Still waiting for the first Huey episode. Hope there is a little more to him than just the good boy's scout big brother type.
Well he is a junior woodchuck and that basically his character.
Old 2017-09-27, 02:29   Link #92
Blueknight78

wow after watch the "first episode" it's make remember how i true miss the original, this new "version" for the "new generation, where one of the brothers is a "total selfish thieft" and the girl omg what they did to her!!!!, man this age of the "social justice is gonna destroy the world, you don't need to turn a lovelly girl in a annoying master of everything bullie girl to show "how cool girls are", we are really going to a rough age new generation where gonna be instead of equality to be "who tha boss!", only scroodge and donald looked "fine" all the kids get a terrible and drastic change of personality, the 3 brothers instead of good and brave and sometimes trickters kids they turned in a bunch of annoying brats borderline delinquents(one of them is pretty much one since he keep "stealing things") and the girl again omg what happened here, rip really good donald nephews and the little girl.

another problem i feel with this serie is "how rushed looked that first episode", a lot of things happened and basically almost everyone was introduced just on the first episode, wow, even the fact which they know the scout manual, in just the first episode, wow i barelly had time to take a breath on how everything was playing in the speed of light, i was true excited for this serie coming but after that episode all my excitment pretty much dimished .

i really do miss the "good old times" of really good cartoons, where things like trends and political righterous/social justice" don't exist and excluding all the old racism and prejudice everyone looked to each other as "equal" and the characters could be fun and don't need to be like that, i really miss old things, really since the 2010+ age things are getting really weird and "remake of old good things" are not really looking good as they where supposed to look with all that changes to appeal our new crap internet hater/special flakes/troll/crap generation.
Old 2017-09-27, 21:09   Link #93
NapoleonDeCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Look Disney;

But turning Webby into a loud and obnoxious bully who screams and yells EVERY line of dialogue and CONSTANTLY threatens and beats up boys to assert dominance ISN'T making her a strong and positive female character; it just makes her a loud and obnoxious bully.

You've done the impossible, Disney; you made me MISS the OLD so-sweet-she'll-give-you-diabetes Webby.
Where were you when Gosalyn Mallard was in the air?

Because I've seen a fair share of complaining about Nu Webby that always fails to remember Gosalyn was far worse about that than Webby 2017 is so far. Gosalyn again and again endangered herself and others recklessly, had an extremely hard time following orders, practically bullied Honker (who had serious domestic bullying issues from his own brother already) into following her around at all times, and rarely got a comeuppance, even getting to overshadow the far more experienced Darkwing when she became a heroine.

I'm just saying, not only this is hardly new, it was alive and well twenty years ago from Disney, but it was even worse back then. At least Webby has the excuse of being raised as a recluse, but Gosalyn, even after landing in an orphanage, had more situations where you'd think she should have grown used to interact with others without having to establish herself as the alpha constantly.
NapoleonDeCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 00:22   Link #94
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapoleonDeCheese View Post
I'm afraid I missed out on the Darkwing Duck Era, as I turned 13 and graduated to an All-Boy High School, where you had to do your 200% darn hardest to pretend to hate all "kiddy" cartoons except for "The Simpsons" if you knew what was good for you (IE. NOT get bashed up) So that era of western cartoons pased me by.
Old 2017-09-28, 02:12   Link #95
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapoleonDeCheese View Post

Because I've seen a fair share of complaining about Nu Webby that always fails to remember Gosalyn was far worse about that than Webby 2017 is so far. Gosalyn again and again endangered herself and others recklessly, had an extremely hard time following orders, practically bullied Honker (who had serious domestic bullying issues from his own brother already) into following her around at all times, and rarely got a comeuppance, even getting to overshadow the far more experienced Darkwing when she became a heroine.

I'm just saying, not only this is hardly new, it was alive and well twenty years ago from Disney, but it was even worse back then. At least Webby has the excuse of being raised as a recluse, but Gosalyn, even after landing in an orphanage, had more situations where you'd think she should have grown used to interact with others without having to establish herself as the alpha constantly.
but you also must take in account which gosalyn "aways" was like that, where webby get a 180 degree in change from a cute girl to a almost unbearable feminazi, the same goes for the boys specially the "blue blue shirt" one he is almost a delinquent troublesome, not obeying anyone put everyone on dangerous and acting like a boss too or like he know everything when he know nothing and being just a idiot which love to steal things from peoples, men if that is what disney is trying to teach kids i'm really very scared of our future, full of bully, stealing, childrens which don't obbey anyone and all the crap they are trying to pass as "normal", for me the beginner was really painfull and made me miss even more the original.
Old 2017-09-28, 17:00   Link #96
Twi

I think new Webby is just fine. She's just social awkward. I am, only I go in the reverse direction and act like a ghost so I don't risk offending anyone.
Old 2017-10-01, 09:53   Link #97
Twi

It kind of hurts to see Lena playing on Webby's desire for friendship.
Old 2017-10-01, 20:31   Link #98
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Look Disney;

Where do you get "Bully"? And i don't see anything even related to "asserting dominance"; quite the opposite, she often seems desperate to please others in an effort to make friends. She "beat up the boys" only because she was getting overly enthusiastic about the games they were playing. Heck with the villains we've SEEN what it looks like when webby actually wants to hurt people. Webby is both extremely socially awkward and eccentric; she doesn't know how to act around other people and her default "normal" is life being all about adventure and action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
It kind of hurts to see Lena playing on Webby's desire for friendship.
I actually wish they had saved that reveal for a later episode. I Feel like it should have been saved for her third episode. Let Lena hang around and build up a friendship before hitting us with that twist
Old 2017-10-01, 20:35   Link #99
Twi

Yeah. That probably would have been better. Let it build up, with her subtly skirting questions that would give her relationship away while innocently prodding for weaknesses in their defenses, like where's the magical protection wards and such.
Old 2017-10-01, 22:17   Link #100
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Yeah. That probably would have been better. Let it build up, with her subtly skirting questions that would give her relationship away while innocently prodding for weaknesses in their defenses, like where's the magical protection wards and such.
It Actually feels like a missed opportunity since it seems like the writers might have the skill to be extremely subtle about hints. There actually was a hint in the episode itself about Lena's true nature... when she mentioned the boys ditching webby. She didn't see that and webby didn't mention it so she shouldn't have known about it... only way she could have known is if she was spying on them. Its a simple line that is easily missed but carries A LOT more meaning when you really think about it. Though again, it would have been better if the twist came in a later episode rather than at the end of that episode. Its actually amazing when you can create a show that have fans picking apart every frame looking for foreshadowing and hints.