AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-08-09, 08:32   Link #341
GDB

Question: can Rooking be done with a Servant as well, or is it only doable with an unoccupied Rook piece (as done in Vol4)? And if it can be done with a Servant, can it be done with either Rook, or only the King's Rook (using standard Chess terms)?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 09:53   Link #342
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Question: can Rooking be done with a Servant as well, or is it only doable with an unoccupied Rook piece (as done in Vol4)? And if it can be done with a Servant, can it be done with either Rook, or only the King's Rook (using standard Chess terms)?
It's castling and it can only be done by the King and its Rook (cannot use other King's Rook), the Rook can be a servant or an unused Rook Piece.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 22:59   Link #343
GDB

Sorry, Castling (translation used Rooking, but after checking Castling is definitely the proper term). So Rias can castle with Rossweiss but not Koneko?
Old 2013-08-10, 00:01   Link #344
Chris38

Quote:
Sorry, Castling (translation used Rooking, but after checking Castling is definitely the proper term). So Rias can castle with Rossweiss but not Koneko?
From what I remember Koneko is Rias other Rook piece, so I think that Rias can castle with her as well.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 01:53   Link #345
DrakeKnight

Yea Castling sounds useful for example A 2 Rook servent swaps places with a King for trap
Or The other way around Powerful King Swap places with a fast Rook (Sairaorg case)

Kindy of a side note but it there any other move is chess other than Castling?
DrakeKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 01:59   Link #346
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeKnight View Post

Kindy of a side note but it there any other move is chess other than Castling?
Naturally, Promotion, that Pawn pieces use, which allows them to promote to any other figure piece, besides the king, if they reach the enemy lines.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 02:10   Link #347
DrakeKnight

Hmm does the King get a piece back if he get to the enemy base? Again pretty good sound mechanism for Rating game
Old 2013-08-10, 21:39   Link #348
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Between Micheal and Azrael who is stronger between the two ._.i really want to ask this question but somehow I always forget I hope it's ok to ask this
Old 2013-08-10, 22:21   Link #349
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
From what I remember Koneko is Rias other Rook piece, so I think that Rias can castle with her as well.
I was basing it off of the statement of it only working with the King's Rook (as opposed to the Queen's Rook). If it works with either Rook, then that's some pretty good tactical advantage there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Between Micheal and Azrael who is stronger between the two ._.i really want to ask this question but somehow I always forget I hope it's ok to ask this
I don't think Azrael's been introduced yet, but if you mean Azazel then it's probably Michael. Azazel seemed to need to use the Fafnir Armor to be on the same level as a Maou (or a bit above), and Michael should already be at that level. Not saying he's a lot weaker than a Maou, but probably just enough.
Old 2013-08-10, 22:24   Link #350
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I was basing it off of the statement of it only working with the King's Rook (as opposed to the Queen's Rook). If it works with either Rook, then that's some pretty good tactical advantage there.

I don't think Azrael's been introduced yet, but if you mean Azazel then it's probably Michael. Azazel seemed to need to use the Fafnir Armor to be on the same level as a Maou, and Michael should already be at that level.
Yup that's it sorry so micheal is stronger huh
Old 2013-08-11, 00:31   Link #351
DrakeKnight

Too bad we never really get to see Micheal fight so can't really compare the two but ill put my money on Micheal being the strongest out of three leaders of the alliance
Old 2013-08-11, 00:33   Link #352
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeKnight View Post
Too bad we never really get to see Micheal fight so can't really compare the two but ill put my money on Micheal being the strongest out of three leaders of the alliance
Not counting Sirzech's "true form", right? Just the way they usually go about presenting themselves?
Old 2013-08-11, 04:18   Link #353
sky black swordman

Quote:
I don't think Azrael's been introduced yet, but if you mean Azazel then it's probably Michael. Azazel seemed to need to use the Fafnir Armor to be on the same level as a Maou (or a bit above), and Michael should already be at that level. Not saying he's a lot weaker than a Maou, but probably just enough.
Well, I don't know about that. In volume 4 Khaos Brigade:
Quote:
Azazel fired countless spears of light at her, but they easily vanished just by Cattleya calmly moving her right hand sideways. Such power! Even though you can say the fallen angel Governor Azazel’s power is the first or second most powerful of those here today!
So it's possible that Azazel may be stronger than Michael.
Old 2013-08-11, 09:12   Link #354
GDB

Hrmm, that's true. Forgot about that. So it'd go Sirzechs > Azazel >= Michael.
Old 2013-08-15, 07:52   Link #355
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

quick question can issei use the holy power of ascalon? 0_0 just curious coz he can transfer the dragon slaying ability of ascalon to his balance breaker so ... i wondering if its possible ^^?

Edit: last question if someday both current user of heavenly dragon issei and vali will there power up will be stored at there Longinus, will the future heavenly dragon user may able to use there ccq and ejo respectively ? I hope it's ok to ask about this

Last edited by kusabireika; 2013-08-15 at 09:05.
kusabireika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 17:21   Link #356
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
quick question can issei use the holy power of ascalon? 0_0 just curious coz he can transfer the dragon slaying ability of ascalon to his balance breaker so ... i wondering if its possible ^^?
As far as we know the modifications so he could use it didn't remove it's holy properties so he should be able too.

Quote:
Edit: last question if someday both current user of heavenly dragon issei and vali will there power up will be stored at there Longinus, will the future heavenly dragon user may able to use there ccq and ejo respectively ? I hope it's ok to ask about this
I'd say EJO yes CCQ probably not the EJO was pretty much just a new mode of Divine Dividing Scale Mail, the CCQ is only possible because of mutant evil pieces that have been specially modified so while it would be possible it's a lot more unlikely.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 12:01   Link #357
Werter

Hm, wonder why Issei's girl-team hasn't got anyone pure fallen angel =/
Werter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 13:01   Link #358
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werter View Post
Hm, wonder why Issei's girl-team hasn't got anyone pure fallen angel =/
Because having had one girlfriend impale him with a spear of light was enough for Ise.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 19:33   Link #359
Dannclark92

who are the evil god decendents?
Dannclark92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 21:34   Link #360
sky black swordman

^ AFAIK, there aren't any Evil God descendants.

Tags
dxd