AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2003-12-25, 14:16   Link #41
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Yes yes i read that chapter and i saw white beard damn he is big and why does he look sick??All that nurses taking care of him??
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-25, 16:45   Link #42
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Yes yes i read that chapter and i saw white beard damn he is big and why does he look sick??All that nurses taking care of him??
he's old and horny.
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 00:35   Link #43
Kaze23114

Shichibukai *maybe spoiler*

I just noticed something

There are so many people in the Grand Line who has a higher bounty than Crocodile.. but he is a Shichibukai.. but compared to the others.. Crocodile is a Mere Shrimp! how did he become one of the Shichibukai when he sucked that much! I mean

81 Million compared to 296 Million and 340 million... what happened in between!!
Kaze23114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 08:55   Link #44
Sethi
StormRider

Well, perhaps Crocodile was one of the first to join the Shichibukai when is bounty wasn't that high while the others joined when they had huge bounty's.
Or quite simple he was just the weakest of all the Shichibukai.
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 10:47   Link #45
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethi
Well, perhaps Crocodile was one of the first to join the Shichibukai when is bounty wasn't that high while the others joined when they had huge bounty's.
Or quite simple he was just the weakest of all the Shichibukai.
That's probably the reason.

Crocodile's strength, for what we've seen, didn't concentrate on physical means- but in his mind. He was a strategist who controled the biggest criminal group of the Grand Line under the shadows, and even the Marine didn't know (or they pretended they didn't know) about it. Croc seemed to be one of the most intelligent pirates in the world.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 03:36   Link #46
SurfD

Send a message via ICQ to SurfD Send a message via MSN to SurfD
Yea, there is that. He could be ranked much the way he himself ranked Mr3 in his little criminal gang.

To do a somewhat small derailment:

We know that there are 7 Shichibukai. Anyone else notice a trend in their naming so far? Out of the 4 who have been made known to us, they ALL have an animal in their name

Crocodile
DonQuixote DoFlamingo
Bisoromi Bear
Hawkeyes MiHawk (He is Shichibukai correct? been a while since i saw the ep that they introduced him in).

We also know that at least one of them is a Merman (wasnt it hinted at that Arlong was a merman from a merperson pirate group headed by one of the Shichibukai?) So we can sort of assume that the merperson might have a fish in his name somewhere.

Of course, maybe the author was just on an animal fixation naming rush, since we also have:
Mrs Crane and Admiral Blue Pheasant from the marine corps.
SurfD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 10:32   Link #47
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfD
Yea, there is that. He could be ranked much the way he himself ranked Mr3 in his little criminal gang.

To do a somewhat small derailment:

We know that there are 7 Shichibukai. Anyone else notice a trend in their naming so far? Out of the 4 who have been made known to us, they ALL have an animal in their name

Crocodile
DonQuixote DoFlamingo
Bisoromi Bear
Hawkeyes MiHawk (He is Shichibukai correct? been a while since i saw the ep that they introduced him in).

We also know that at least one of them is a Merman (wasnt it hinted at that Arlong was a merman from a merperson pirate group headed by one of the Shichibukai?) So we can sort of assume that the merperson might have a fish in his name somewhere.

Of course, maybe the author was just on an animal fixation naming rush, since we also have:
Mrs Crane and Admiral Blue Pheasant from the marine corps.
Also SurfD-san, it's interesting to notice that two of the 5 known Shichibukai names were taken from lyric and true history characters.

Donquixote DoFlamingo- Dom Quixote is the main character of the worldly famous book Dom Quixote de la Mancha, written by the spanish writer Miguel de Cervantes in the 16th Century.
Bartholomew Bear- it seems his name came from St. Bartholomew, since he's always hanging the Holy Bible.

The merman you're talking about is Jinbei. Arlong was his right-hand man when they traveled the Grand Line.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 11:17   Link #48
soraryu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze23114
I just noticed something

There are so many people in the Grand Line who has a higher bounty than Crocodile.. but he is a Shichibukai.. but compared to the others.. Crocodile is a Mere Shrimp! how did he become one of the Shichibukai when he sucked that much! I mean

81 Million compared to 296 Million and 340 million... what happened in between!!
The reason may be that all those who had challenged him lost as his ability in desert areas makes him seemingly invincible. And others who had higher bounties either have no quarrel with him (e.g. the other shichibukais) or (non-shichibukais pirates) do not wish to find out if they can best him when he is in his element.

Last edited by soraryu; 2004-02-13 at 11:09.
soraryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-14, 04:18   Link #49
Jn183

I think the reason why croco was one of the member is b/c those other higher bounty pirates probably don't want to be called marine lapdog. Or do not want to share their loot with the marine. Also, it might take out the funny of being a pirate by stealing and going against the marine. Besides, they probably take pride in being a pirate who is free. That my 2 cent
Jn183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 15:48   Link #50
scoopnokes
Bother-Bother

Shichibukai

Whats with the shichibukai, i mean there are seven(i think) but you really don't much of them. I mean you heard of two, alittle only.
scoopnokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 16:31   Link #51
Nyssane
Mohji Fanboi

Send a message via AIM to Nyssane Send a message via MSN to Nyssane
Mihawk was in the Don Kreig arc for a bit, and Crocodile was the main villain in the Alabasta Arc, so it's not like we haven't seen them. Doflamingo and Bear have also appeared. I'm sure as the series progresses, the shichibukai will be less confusing and reveal themselves. ^_^
Nyssane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 17:09   Link #52
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

I dont think he's read the manga so those could be spoilers to some

Edit: But to add to the post, Shichibukai are hot I cant wait to see more in the anime, I might go to HK subs, or start reading the manga. Its not hard waiting a week or whatever for kaizoku fansubs, but I need to get my one piece cravings in. Already started on other series to keep me busy but everyone being up on the manga and stuff its so tempting to start reading
|)arK_Nin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 17:50   Link #53
Jn183

Quote:
Originally Posted by |)arK_Nin
I dont think he's read the manga so those could be spoilers to some

Edit: But to add to the post, Shichibukai are hot I cant wait to see more in the anime, I might go to HK subs, or start reading the manga. Its not hard waiting a week or whatever for kaizoku fansubs, but I need to get my one piece cravings in. Already started on other series to keep me busy but everyone being up on the manga and stuff its so tempting to start reading
Or you could just watch the raws like me.

BTW, If you would like to know a lil more about Shichibukai click on this. It's an old thread about the Shichibukai. Hopefully you would be satisfy would the info in that thread. Oh yeah, if you are interested in Shichibukai then look forward to ep 151. K-F probably release in the summer
Jn183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 20:28   Link #54
scoopnokes
Bother-Bother

wouldn't be funny if Shanks became a Shichibukai
scoopnokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 21:06   Link #55
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopnokes
wouldn't be funny if Shanks became a Shichibukai
Well, he has the strenght to be one.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 00:27   Link #56
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

At the rate K-F is going now, i dont know if they will get to 151 by the summer. I hope so, didnt they use to release three a week or something? I dont know if theyre gonna pick it up again, but they shouldnt be busy with school so it should be all good.

Quote:
Or you could just watch the raws like me.
dont speak Japanese . I know you probably get the same feel for it and everything but it'll be hard just going by the raws imo.
|)arK_Nin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 01:13   Link #57
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

lol u no0bs the strongest shichibukai is ovbiously Mr. Bushido
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 19:03   Link #58
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bushido
lol u no0bs the strongest shichibukai is ovbiously Mr. Bushido
You wish
Old 2004-03-13, 20:17   Link #59
Lee-pimp
A.S.S. Vice President

shanks isnt in the shichbukai right but he knows people in it doesnt he i remember seeing him for a little bit in an episode talking to mihawk
Lee-pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 13:38   Link #60
eLstar
(^_^)v

Shanks, part of the Shichibukai? That doesn't sound right at all to me.

For one thing, even if the Shichibukai basically go their own way and do their own things, they are still technically "Government Dogs". Shanks is a free spirit and doesn't come across as a guy who would let himself be controlled.

Also, he still has his crew. When you're one of the Shichibukai, you have to ditch your crew.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote