AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-04-05, 07:48   Link #41
Limiter
Dead Apostle

Send a message via AIM to Limiter Send a message via MSN to Limiter Send a message via Yahoo to Limiter
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTze
I saw this game called Melty Blood in Japan-Town today. What do you guys think about it? Is it worth the $40?
its worth it, its one of the best existing fighting games for pc, and a plus disc will be released for the game, so u'll need it aswell.
Limiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 08:17   Link #42
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I'd say it's not worth it. you can spend to $40 on something much better, like Guilty Gear X... don't take me wrong, it's a fabulous fighting game when you take into consideration that it's a fan-made game. However that's just what it is, a truly great fan-made game, but nowhere near the quality of some good commercial game. $40 is too much IMO, it's definitely worth playing for some time, mainly for the single player part, however the lack of character balance means that it's not that good if you want to play against some friends, so it doesn't last as long as other good fighting games.

Also it's very text-heavy despite the fact that it's a fighting game, expect a lot of reading through the single player mode.

IMO, if you are a hardcore Tsukihime fan, buy it for sure, in that case you'd have already bought it by now... if you are only somewhat interested in the Tsukihime universe, it may not worth the $40... if you are a fan of fighting games, there are definitely better games to spend the $40 on.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 14:26   Link #43
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Search around in the "Shingetsutan Tsukihime," previous "MELTY BLOOD," and to a certain extent "Queen of Hearts 98/99" and you will find numerous that I wrote regarding this collaborated doujin game. If the info inspires your interest, then I recommend it - if it doesn't then I won't. The main reason here is that the whole TYPE-MOON world is "love-it-or-hate-it" kind of story. Granted TYPE-MOON went pro and released one of the best selling ero-games out there this year, it's doujin game "Tsukihime" was a very polar game in a sense where some people love the in-depth story and amateurish art while others hate it for the long text and amateurish art.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 11:30   Link #44
STfan
Homicidal Kitty.

Location: In Arcueid's arms, getting my blood drained by the neck. Or at least I wish.
My deepest apologies for bumping this up again.

I just have a burning question.

Where the [insert any obscenity or combination of obscenities here] do I get this Melty Blood game? I'm pretty sure it isn't freely downloadable freeware. How do I get this without needing to navigate through Japanese websites (I have no knowledge of their language) or giving my credit card number to questionable websites?

Are there any reputable vendors who carry this? Any suggestions?
STfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 13:08   Link #45
STfan
Homicidal Kitty.

Location: In Arcueid's arms, getting my blood drained by the neck. Or at least I wish.
Oh come on. No one knows where to get this?

And I mean in the honest, money-paying way, as long as TYPE MOON gets some of the profits. I don't plan on bootlegging stuff from TYPE MOON
STfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 13:31   Link #46
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by STfan
Oh come on. No one knows where to get this?

And I mean in the honest, money-paying way, as long as TYPE MOON gets some of the profits. I don't plan on bootlegging stuff from TYPE MOON
Well, atleast Himeya would be happy to make you part with your hard-earned cash. Quite a lot of your hard-earned cash actually, because Himeya isn't exactly a cheap store. Amazon.co.jp's listed price for Melty Blood is less than half the price Himeya lists (42$ at Himeya compared to 19$ in Amazon). Too bad Amazon Japan doesn't ship games to locations outside Japan.

EDIT: In case you haven't heard, Melty Blood ReACT should come out soon enough. It might be easier to get outside Japan than the original (probably not, but one can always hope )

Last edited by Cruzz; 2004-04-19 at 14:43.
Cruzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 12:42   Link #47
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

Send a message via ICQ to AkihaTohno Send a message via AIM to AkihaTohno
ReAct is set for the 29th! I can hardly wait! EEEEE!!!!

Satsuki is going to OWN. I never thought I'd use that phrase "own"... but there's a first time for everything... now i feel dirty.
AkihaTohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 12:18   Link #48
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzz
Well, atleast Himeya would be happy to make you part with your hard-earned cash. Quite a lot of your hard-earned cash actually, because Himeya isn't exactly a cheap store. Amazon.co.jp's listed price for Melty Blood is less than half the price Himeya lists (42$ at Himeya compared to 19$ in Amazon). Too bad Amazon Japan doesn't ship games to locations outside Japan.

EDIT: In case you haven't heard, Melty Blood ReACT should come out soon enough. It might be easier to get outside Japan than the original (probably not, but one can always hope )
Since MELTY BLOOD is a doujin game, it is not sold in Amazon. The link refer you to in Amazon is the "MELTY BLOOD Gaming Guide" which lists all the moves and the story walkthrough. Hence, since it is published book, you can probably get Amazon to ship it to your country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkihaTohno
ReAct is set for the 29th! I can hardly wait! EEEEE!!!!

Satsuki is going to OWN. I never thought I'd use that phrase "own"... but there's a first time for everything... now i feel dirty.
I should inform you that MELTY BLOOD ReACT has been delayed by another month. If you go to the-now-defunct-Watanabe-Seisakujo-website's online diary (http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~k_wata/zaki.htm), Narita-san apologized that MELTY BLOOD ReACT will not be done for release at C-Revo (which is on April 29th). Excuse: "I didn't plan ahead well that it was going to be this hard..." "This will be our first two-disc game" etc etc. Conclusion: it has been delayed for at least a month, and hope to see it on a May release (hopefully).

Last edited by kj1980; 2004-04-19 at 12:29.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 14:41   Link #49
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Since MELTY BLOOD is a doujin game, it is not sold in Amazon. The link refer you to in Amazon is the "MELTY BLOOD Gaming Guide" which lists all the moves and the story walkthrough. Hence, since it is published book, you can probably get Amazon to ship it to your country.
Heh, I guess I really should pay closer attention to things. Oh well, it's not like it would've been the most horrid mistake ever

Do you think that ReAct will make the May 30 release date it has now? (apparently there's also some kind of Type Moon event on that day)
Cruzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 11:24   Link #50
naninani

has any one played the game melty blood?

Its a fighting game thats based on this one anime that i forgot the name of
but i think its a pretty good game but its also unpopular
naninani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 11:49   Link #51
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by naninani
Its a fighting game thats based on this one anime that i forgot the name of
but i think its a pretty good game but its also unpopular
It's based on the game Shingetsutan Tsukihime and it's actually quite popular unless you're not a fan of the game and/or series.

I prefer Eternal Fighter Zero games, I'm not the biggest Shingetsutan Tsukihime fan out there, but it's still a good game.

Last edited by Mr_Paper; 2004-05-05 at 16:51. Reason: Bad pun... removed -.-;
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 16:48   Link #52
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
I like the game alot, but its sorta easy, even on the hardest mode ... ( with arcueid and/or ciel at last .... i play like crap with shion (?) )

The anime is great too imho ^_^
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 23:02   Link #53
naninani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard
I like the game alot, but its sorta easy, even on the hardest mode ... ( with arcueid and/or ciel at last .... i play like crap with shion (?) )

The anime is great too imho ^_^
do u know how to do the super special that takes up 300% of the magic dealy for the fire girl dunno the names of the characters
naninani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-07, 07:36   Link #54
Aquillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by naninani
do u know how to do the super special that takes up 300% of the magic dealy for the fire girl dunno the names of the characters
A full FAQ and movelist can be found at GameFAQs. The "fire-girl" is Akiha, and her 300% EX attack is Sekishu Origami. You do it the same way you do almost every 300% EX attack--roll the controller 180º from back to down to forwards, and hit strong attack. Only while your magic circuit is at 300%, of course.
Aquillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 01:38   Link #55
SweetSpring
Garden of Tsubaki
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to SweetSpring
what is the meaning of doujin?

Last edited by SweetSpring; 2006-05-11 at 20:47.
SweetSpring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 02:10   Link #56
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea_servant_1996
what is the meaning of doujin?
Self-published works created by amateur fans.

(Not entirely off-topic, so I don't have to delete your question. )

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 04:04   Link #57
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

this thread is OLDE >:O

i still havnt got a chance to play act cadenza
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 00:46   Link #58
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Haha I finally got to test play the Melty Blood fighting game at a kon this past Sat. I played as my favorite character in the anime series (Ciel). Anyways's I almost bought the game, it plays similar to Gulity Gear X. You could button mash one command and bust out 20+ combo's lol. ^_^
Keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 22:56   Link #59
pw1388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
Haha I finally got to test play the Melty Blood fighting game at a kon this past Sat. I played as my favorite character in the anime series (Ciel). Anyways's I almost bought the game, it plays similar to Gulity Gear X. You could button mash one command and bust out 20+ combo's lol. ^_^
U went to kawaii kon?
pw1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 19:42   Link #60
SweetSpring
Garden of Tsubaki
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to SweetSpring
anyone had try playing with giant akiha? i tried but in one hit,all life bar gone. my bro
used miyako and defeated her about thrice.

Last edited by SweetSpring; 2006-05-11 at 20:47.
SweetSpring is offline   Reply With Quote