AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2013-03-12, 08:32   Link #141
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Well only one more countdown trailer left, which undoubtedly will be Lyfa, so either Strea doesn't get a trailer episode (which would indicate she doesn't have her own route after all), or she get's a trailer episode on release day.
Old 2013-03-12, 18:56   Link #142
styr

Who is this "Strea" you speak of?

I find it funny how the game will feature Sinon using bows in-game, since y'know, there are no bows in Aincrad! Maybe it will be a "unique skill" since she has no memory/player id/whatever excuse they are using...
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 00:40   Link #143
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post
Who is this "Strea" you speak of?

I find it funny how the game will feature Sinon using bows in-game, since y'know, there are no bows in Aincrad! Maybe it will be a "unique skill" since she has no memory/player id/whatever excuse they are using...
Strea is an original game character made for Infinity Moment. Her VA is Sachika Misawa, who also does Kuroyukihime in Accel World.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-03-13 at 00:51.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 00:47   Link #144
Haiprbim
Banned

So here we go with it!
Cannot wait to see some game-play. :D
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 02:32   Link #145
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Dat sexy back Strea has.

Well, I'll definitely need a walkthrough to be able to play since, since I lack the ability to read runes of this nature ;p That said feeling really excited... except that I still have a tremendous backlog of games for my PSP, lol.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 10:35   Link #146
styr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Strea is an original game character made for Infinity Moment. Her VA is Sachika Misawa, who also does Kuroyukihime in Accel World.
Thanks. She is pretty cute. I suppose with every other niche filled up they had to eventually include a "cute bruiser" swinging around a 2H weapon. I like how the girls have evolve" over time from wearing a tiny bit of armor (Asuna, Silica) to eventually none at all (Lisbeth, Strea). Looking back at one of the videos on the last page, I definitely see Strea (the one where Kirito catches Sinon ~28s in) where she is glowing and stuff around ~22-23s in when Leafa is shouting "PAPA?! MAMA?!" Speaking of Leafa, I wonder if she is aware that Kirito is her brother in this game... if she does, it would make her comment to Yui especially hilarious - I could totally see Leafa freaking out in-game if she assumed her brother had a child with "another girl" in-game, even if she is his wife... though if I heard right Kirito and Asuna's marriage gets 'anulled' and I'm not sure if it occurs before Leafa shows up or what...

On a heavily off-topic note, I just did a search of upcoming Spring 2013 anime, and despite the usual suspects I found that they are going to be dubbing "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" in April.

Now I don't watch MLP, but I wonder how Japanese/otaku will react to such a show? Despite what it looks like, the show is not exactly a girls' 5-9 show IIRC, but then again PMMM was not your average mahou shoujo series either... who knows. Honestly I think they will hate on it for being an American show, but Idk...

Overall however there is a lot of big series being released in this upcoming anime season, don't you think?

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san (~Nishishishishi), A Certain Scientific Railgun S2, OreImo S2, Hayate S4, although the only anime I plan to watch is "The 'Hentai Prince' and the Stony Cat" but I hope J.C. staff doesn't ruin it/make it fanservice heavy..... (yeah right)
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 10:41   Link #147
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-03-13, 11:04   Link #148
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
YouTube
Nice, I like it.
The only thing that may bother me a bit was how slow the combat was shown. I hope that was a slow motion cut, because if it was actual speed, it would look pretty lame, heh.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 12:25   Link #149
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Hmm, so they bipassed the bombshell of Sugu finding out Kirito is her brother. (well, that isn't really surprising since everyone in Aincrad is forced to look like their real selves, though I have no idea how they'll explain Lyfa then.....) Looks like Lyfa's route will be her and Kirito getting back the two years they lost being together.
Old 2013-03-13, 12:54   Link #150
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
(well, that isn't really surprising since everyone in Aincrad is forced to look like their real selves, though I have no idea how they'll explain Lyfa then.....)
Yeah, this is why I said earlier that my suspicion is that the was transferred directly from ALO, which was already running at the time. (This all the more because the new characters seem to bring their own game mechanics to the game that weren't part of the original SAO code.)

But keep in mind that the only reason everyone has their real appearance in SAO is because of the mirror item (they all had custom appearances to start). Anyone joining now (presumably after Kayaba is defeated) won't get a mirror, so could keep whatever appearance they want.
Old 2013-03-13, 21:02   Link #151
sky black swordman

Quote:
Speaking of Leafa, I wonder if she is aware that Kirito is her brother in this game
Judging from that PV, it looks like you got your answer, Lyfa knows.
Old 2013-03-14, 03:19   Link #152
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Will the game have full voice or not?
because from seeing those pv, when it's in Kirito line, I didn't hear Matsuoka-san speaking as Kirito.... or is it just skipped so just to appeal the female only?

btw last pv...
YouTube
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 04:33   Link #153
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
Will the game have full voice or not?
because from seeing those pv, when it's in Kirito line, I didn't hear Matsuoka-san speaking as Kirito.... or is it just skipped so just to appeal the female only?
Clearly they're doing this in old Visual Novel tradition; everyone except the main character is voiced.

I guess Strea doesn't get her own route, or at least it's not advertised like the other heroines'.

I put in my order on Play Asia, but obviously it's too late for pre-orders so I have to wait for them to get more stock in.
Old 2013-03-14, 12:18   Link #154
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

poor Yoshitsugu-san.... few lines to be said...
it really is VN style with no voice for Kirito while the other get their own voice...
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 21:18   Link #155
AoFylian

Playing it right now, I am so excited, though I only understand bits and pieces of it thanks to anime :3
AoFylian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 21:39   Link #156
maplehurry

^have you find a way to dual wield yet ?
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 22:30   Link #157
AoFylian

You start off with 16 skill points to use. You already have some skills unlocked including the dual wield skill.
AoFylian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 22:48   Link #158
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

....right I think I'll need to wait for a walkthrough or something, lol.

Either that or learn Japanese.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 02:25   Link #159
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

VIDEO: "Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment" Preview Bonanza - UPDATED
Old 2013-03-15, 02:54   Link #160
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoFylian View Post
You start off with 16 skill points to use. You already have some skills unlocked including the dual wield skill.
I cant seem to equip any weapon on my offhand from the 1st weapon store.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ps vita, ps3, psp, rpg, sword art online