Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-25, 23:50   Link #121
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Using ration seals, you can purchase resource packs that can include up to 2 or 3 Mark 5 parts.
Hmm, how do I do that? I've done a couple playthroughs of the game but haven't seen where you spend the ration seals. (I was wondering what you did with those)

And is there a list of the MK II and MK V parts anywhere, because otherwise I don't see how you're supposed to find them in your inventory since they don't show up under crafting tools. (or at least not under any of the parts I saw)
Old 2013-02-25, 23:54   Link #122
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Hmm, how do I do that? I've done a couple playthroughs of the game but haven't seen where you spend the ration seals. (I was wondering what you did with those)

And is there a list of the MK II and MK V parts anywhere, because otherwise I don't see how you're supposed to find them in your inventory since they don't show up under crafting tools. (or at least not under any of the parts I saw)
Whenever you access a Suit Kiosk or Workbench, one of the button options below the menu is for Downloadable Content. Press that button and you can access the game's DLC, including the Resource Packs. You can pay for those with either real money, or the ration seals, depending on which button you choose (once again, listed at the bottom underneath the menu options). The basic resource pack only costs 10 ration seals and only gives resources. The next pack gives resources and guarantees one Mark 5 part, with a chance at acquiring a second one. Costs 40 seals. The final one, the Epic Resource Pack, gives resources and guarantees two Mark 5 parts, with a chance at acquiring a third one, and costs 60 ration seals.

Mark 2 and Mark 5 parts are found in the same lists as their regular counterparts. So if you found a Mark 2 Ammo Box, that'd be under Attachment 2. If you found a Mark 2 Precision Tip, that'd be under the Weapon Tips when you've got an engine that supports those tips. So on and so forth.
Old 2013-02-26, 00:14   Link #123
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Mark 2 and Mark 5 parts are found in the same lists as their regular counterparts. So if you found a Mark 2 Ammo Box, that'd be under Attachment 2. If you found a Mark 2 Precision Tip, that'd be under the Weapon Tips when you've got an engine that supports those tips. So on and so forth.
How do you find them in the game, because I haven't found any MK II or V parts laying around. Is it only in that one New Game+ setting that allows you to find them?
Old 2013-02-26, 00:18   Link #124
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
How do you find them in the game, because I haven't found any MK II or V parts laying around. Is it only in that one New Game+ setting that allows you to find them?
Oh, that. Mark 2s only show up during New Game+, typically in the same place as you got the original part. Even if you missed the original part the first time around, the Mark 2 part will spawn alongside it.

Mark 5 parts can only be acquired through the Resource Packs.
Old 2013-02-27, 09:11   Link #125
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Is it just me or does the game seem harder with two people?
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 19:10   Link #126
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
Is it just me or does the game seem harder with two people?
I'm sure it is since you have another person to open doors, cover other corners, etc. They probably throw more and stronger enemies at you. Though I've actually never had a hard time even on Impossible difficulty; the worst things I've seen is when the game glitches on co-op. (like the next path not opening up like it should in Chapter 19 before you get killed by the vortex thing closing in behind you)
Old 2013-02-28, 00:48   Link #127
Alchemist007
*Author

The game was decent. I just don't like how enemies don't get knocked back 90% of the time if they're within 1-2 meters of you. In fact I think it might be some kind of glitch, I once spent 5 shots with a max damage Bolas and they literally went through the dark fodder (the ice pick guys) doing zero damage. I was originally going the game with the Line gun but the lack of knock-back really made it useless.
Old 2013-02-28, 00:59   Link #128
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

My brother seemed to have settled on the Force Gun precision tip for dealing with Wasters (ice pick guys). He was fairly handy with the Line Gun and Bolas, though, and more often than not he was getting severs and knockback with them, so it just sounds like you had a glitch, Alchemist.
Old 2013-02-28, 12:53   Link #129
Alchemist007
*Author

Throughout the whole game? Bloody hell of a glitch. At least it gave some extra incentive to not allow them to get that close. Hard as hell in close quarters with 5 spawning and on impossible mode. I did like the challenge it's just that the plasma cutter was far more handy for the job.
Old 2013-03-02, 20:15   Link #130
Elestia

Beat the game. Story was crap, but the crafting system was kind of fun at least. Played around with various weapon builds but eventually settled with Military Engine with Precision Tip and a Pneumatic Torch with Default Tip. All this was combined with a stasis coating to give me an edge over close encounters.
Old 2013-03-02, 22:43   Link #131
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't really understand why everyone thinks the story is crap. If you ask me, the story was the strongest one out the trilogy thus far.
Old 2013-03-02, 23:09   Link #132
Elestia

Personally, the entire cast that we are introduced are throwaway no names that are more plot devices than real believable characters we should care about. Norton and his relationship with Ellie was plain terrible from an arbitrary and forced love triangle that served no other purpose than to move the story forward for Isaac's half-baked motivation to get back in the saddle.

The portrayal of Norton's character made it painfully obvious in a not so subtle way that he was going to betray your team along the way to Danik. Speaking of Danik as well he felt so far removed from the story and was little more than an another arbitrary antagonist to your group's effort to destroying the source of the markers. He was a flat character with terrible glasses to boot who exists because the game needed someone to fight against.

The truth behind the markers and about convergence was kinda meh too.
Old 2013-03-02, 23:15   Link #133
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I don't really understand why everyone thinks the story is crap. If you ask me, the story was the strongest one out the trilogy thus far.
Well, there wasn't any story to begin with with Dead Space 1 and 2. Aside from surviving Necromorphs or destroying the marker, there really isn't any story above that. The fact that Dead Space 3 added something other than surviving, its a story, not good or bad, lets say average. If they expanded the story in more depth and split it to 2 games, it would be very good.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 03:02   Link #134
Alchemist007
*Author

I thought the story was pretty good, in comparison to DS2.
Old 2013-03-14, 20:18   Link #135
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Story was ok, but the atmosphere was poor. It wasn't scary at all especially if you're playing as Isaac. Carver was a little bit more fun because of the dementia he goes through.

The Awakened DLC was very good though! It was every the original Dead Space 1 and 2 were well all the creepy hallucinations and voices in the dark.
Old 2013-03-14, 20:22   Link #136
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Wait, what's this DLC?
Old 2013-03-14, 20:26   Link #137
Kazu
Flowing

It's pretty much True ending DLC revealing what happens after the end of DS3
Old 2013-03-14, 20:34   Link #138
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I was pretty satisfied by the original ending, but what the fuck. I should get the full game when I buy it.
Old 2013-03-14, 21:23   Link #139
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
It's pretty much True ending DLC revealing what happens after the end of DS3
Yeah...........well at least we know where Dead Space 4 will take place.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 21:47   Link #140
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Wait, I thought we still didn't know what the DLC story was?

In fact, I haven't even seen any notice for it anywhere, not on Wikipedia, any gaming site, or even its main page.