Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-28, 11:55   Link #1121
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
The scene when they kept passing tea to each other was amazingly similar to a scene played in Kanon 2006 episode 11 (the only difference was that they had obento instead of tea). Coincidence or reference?

I made gifs for comparison:

Tea Scene in Denpa Onna episode 7 (GIF - 2 Mb, click to play)

Obento Scene in Kanon (2006) episode 11 (GIF - 1,2 Mb, click to play)
I like how the guy's eyes are a lot smaller then the girls. Oh how animation have evolved the past five years.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 12:49   Link #1122
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
An animated gif is needed, be it sig or avatar both can work.
Made a signature, it sure was tough with such a number of frames. Quality isn't top notch (because it would have meant less frames). Avatar feasible but not suggested, it would be a 100x70 with very small characters and hard to see movements.

I can add your name if you want to use it, otherwise it's freebie for anyone.
Old 2011-05-28, 12:51   Link #1123
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Of course, I liked the tea-shuffling scene myself, lol. Dry and ridiculous. I took a look at the Kanon one, which had some similarity, but a much different atmosphere. In that one, the participants really meant to be kind, and were not just being awkwardly polite. And in that one, Sugita Tomokazu ended it with a joke, whereas in this one, no-one knew how to end it, and it just petered out, maintaining the atmosphere rather than breaking it. Besides the fact that there were three objects there and just one here.

In any case, nice catch by Pellissier. No doubt Shinbou and company were aware of what they were doing. It might be a bit of an homage or imitation, but that depends on whether it comes from the novels or not. And in any case, my instinct is that this trope is decades, if not centuries old.

In true Shinbou style, one of the nice things about this one was the changing rhythm of the interchange. And cutting it off at exactly the right number of exchanges to be funny without going overboard. Shinbou is a very musical director, in the sense that the flow of scenes is somehow like music.

I also liked the very Shinbou way they switched away from the table to that shot of the tea-tray: partly to save animation cost, of course, but also to give the sequence variety and a direction.

That whole time the three of them were together at the table was deliciously awkward. The moment I liked best was when Erio briefly rubbed her arms, as if she was cold, then stopped in embarrassment. That movement suggested that she was cold outside her futon, as in the ED lyrics, as well as feeling vulnerable in society. In a previous episode, she would have rushed to get into the futon, for physical and psychological comfort, but now she has advanced enough to restrain herself.

By the way, I noticed that that Kanon episode (#11) was directed and storyboarded by...Yamamoto Yutaka (director of Lucky Star, Kannagi, Fractale, several eps of Haruhi).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 13:01   Link #1124
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
This episode was kind of an unexpected surprise for me ... and unexpected in where the story went. I did not expect it to either head towards bottle rocket making (and from Maekawa's perspective!) nor in the interchange between Niwa and Ryuuko being as "normal" (in the sense of wholesome and endearing, I guess).

With all that I found myself enjoying it.
Old 2011-05-28, 13:01   Link #1125
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Made a signature, it sure was tough with such a number of frames. Quality isn't top notch (because it would have meant less frames). Avatar feasible but not suggested, it would be a 100x70 with very small characters and hard to see movements.

I can add your name if you want to use it, otherwise it's freebie for anyone.
Do it, please!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 13:28   Link #1126
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Do it, please!
Here you go:

Old 2011-05-28, 13:36   Link #1127
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

On Nishida Asako's twitter, she mentions a new Erio figure. Not that great, but pics here and here.

There are a couple of shots of Erio pillows here and here.

Dengeki pages of various items.

By the way, nice gif by Pellissier for Wilfriback.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 14:07   Link #1128
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

One thing that has kept impressing me in this series is how the animation level skyrockets from time to time. This applies to Erio's flowing hairs in particular. I mean, look at this:

To make this fully looped animation they used 21 frames, which from my experience is well above average (whereas a reasonably good average is around 12-14).

Anyway, wanted to share the above in full glory before having to "butcher" it to provide it as an avatar:

Freebie of course.
Old 2011-05-28, 14:16   Link #1129
mols

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishio View Post
I guess he is trying to be understanding. It is not easy to ask someone of their trauma. At least i know i can't simply do it without slowly encouraging that person to open up by themselves
Sure, I know that. That is why I meant why he didn't ask Ryuuko and Maekawa. I understand if he did not ask Erio herself right away. Like you said.
But why hesitate with friends? after all it is important. Specially since he is going to take sides (which is normal, unless you are an uncaring person who does not care either way as long you can live in her house). He has been warned that he might be against everyone in school, that should have given him enough reason to ask "what happened??" right there and then.
mols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 14:26   Link #1130
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
One thing that has kept impressing me in this series is how the animation level skyrockets from time to time. This applies to Erio's flowing hairs in particular. I mean, look at this:

To make this fully looped animation they used 21 frames, which from my experience is well above average (whereas a reasonably good average is around 12-14).

Anyway, wanted to share the above in full glory before having to "butcher" it to provide it as an avatar:

Freebie of course.
Thanks.

I claim the frebie :P.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 15:39   Link #1131
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Shinbou is a very musical director, in the sense that the flow of scenes is somehow like music.
Not to mention the actual music played in those scenes. (It gives a sort of circus atmosphere, I feel.)

Quote:
I also liked the very Shinbou way they switched away from the table to that shot of the tea-tray: partly to save animation cost, of course, but also to give the sequence variety and a direction.
Also to underline the awkwardness in the scene by reminding the audience that Makoto did, in fact, bring three cups.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 16:26   Link #1132
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I like how the guy's eyes are a lot smaller then the girls. Oh how animation have evolved the past five years.
It's not really about evolving or not.. Different animation styles. Kanon 2006 isn't even made by Shaft. You most certainly can still find anime with as large eyes as in Kanon 2006, with the male eyes being a alot smaller as always.
Old 2011-05-28, 17:57   Link #1133
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Spoiler for Dem lips:
Old 2011-05-28, 22:05   Link #1134
king12354

While we are still talking about references, I liked Ryuuko's yell of Mukkya! and running away in reference to Nodame.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 23:22   Link #1135
Shimapan
Try me! <3

This time, we get to see that Ryuuko is yet another girl whose cooking requires a gun licence
(Another example would be Mio from MM!)

When we see the ingredients (pineapple and onions), that already doesn't bode well. Then we get to know that yes, she put the pineapple in it (and who knows what else...)
It's a wonder Makoto managed to eat it all without needing to have his stomach pumped afterwards... he must have an extremely robust stomach.

More screenshots on my homepage:
http://pantsudaisuki.wordpress.com/2...shun-otoko-07/

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
Why Shaft? Why the scene with Ryuuko and Maekawa wearing only a bath towel had to be chibi? Why...BDs I guess, or I hope so.
Yes, that was really wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
When I read this one I rewatched the episode. The event with the pet bottle and when Maekawa-san receive the cola happens in May 8 and May 9 when she visits him to ask why is he flying it.

Then the event in episode 5 where Ryuuko was stalking Mako-kun happen in June 19 onwards.
Now that you mention it... why did they show this so out of order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Is there really a Ham-don?
I bet it was still a great deal better than the oyako-don from hell that Ryuuko made
Old 2011-05-29, 03:39   Link #1136
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Scans (Megami and Nyantype):

Spoiler for slightly NSFW:
Old 2011-05-29, 22:18   Link #1137
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:

Nice
A little curious they have the space suit girl in it, seeing that she hasn't appeared so far...
Old 2011-05-29, 22:29   Link #1138
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^Don't tell me - younger sister/stepsister? ^_^;
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 22:33   Link #1139
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
^Don't tell me - younger sister/stepsister? ^_^;
You mean, yet another Touwa denpa?
What makes you think that?
Old 2011-05-29, 22:46   Link #1140
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:

That ass!!! HNGGGGGGGGGG!!!! Oh man my inner sadist wants to slap it sooooo bad!!!

Tags
aliens, ecchi, light novel adaptation, romance, school life, seinen, shaft, shounen, slice of life