AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-05-07, 20:02   Link #21
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
The Black Scrawl (and the Gestalt Project in general) aren't really explained unless you manage to acquire the (optional) Gestalt Project reports found in Automata.

But also to be fair, the game doesn't expect you to know the background either, since it's not like Nier really ever explains its connection to Drakengard.

Spoiler for Gestalt Report:
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-08, 00:34   Link #22
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
By the way,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Spoiler for Ending A to E spoilers:
Ending E was already available back then as post-launch DLC. It's just packaged together with the game this time.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-08, 02:35   Link #23
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I had to hit the wiki to even understand the origin of the Black Scrawl.

Spoiler for spoilers:
Because they not only want you to buy the material books but Drama CDs too!
Especially you want to know about the original Kaine or the Grimoire Experiments!

Oh, and don't trsut the wiki too much. Most of it are transcribed by people who didn't even notice that Yokotaro had laid traps on the official time table.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-08, 07:09   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
By the way,



Ending E was already available back then as post-launch DLC. It's just packaged together with the game this time.
I didn't know that. I was told it was originally from a book or something.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-09, 13:56   Link #25
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I didn't know that. I was told it was originally from a book or something.
No, it's different. The ending E here is different from the DLC or the material book.
For the worse too.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-09, 18:17   Link #26
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
No, it's different. The ending E here is different from the DLC or the material book.
For the worse too.
Obviously, since it's full of Automata references. But I assume the general plot is the same.

I think I'm going to replay Automata to get all the Replicant references I didn't get the first time. Might see the game differently.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-09, 18:28   Link #27
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
No, it's different. The ending E here is different from the DLC or the material book.
For the worse too.
Eh... you can argue it's worse because of nuances like...
Spoiler for ending D, E:


honestly the end result is the same.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-09, 22:30   Link #28
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Obviously, since it's full of Automata references. But I assume the general plot is the same.

I think I'm going to replay Automata to get all the Replicant references I didn't get the first time. Might see the game differently.
No, Automatab is not what I meant.
It is the "flower", that's bothersome.
What had came out of the "guillotine" in FF14 was giving me bad feelings already. Now that "flower" basically confirms the worst case scenario.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-10, 01:59   Link #29
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
No, Automatab is not what I meant.
It is the "flower", that's bothersome.
What had came out of the "guillotine" in FF14 was giving me bad feelings already. Now that "flower" basically confirms the worst case scenario.
Haven't Lunar Tears always looked similar to DoD3's Flower?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-10, 02:16   Link #30
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Haven't Lunar Tears always looked similar to DoD3's Flower?
The point is that the very data base of the whole project itself built upon has been a "toy" of the Nameless all along.
In other words everything was doomed to fail since day one.

Even the Fire of Prometheus, that appears to be a last hope scenario is now a disaster that's no different from the rest upon this revelation.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-20, 17:03   Link #31
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Finished replaying Automata. It was even better the second time around, especially now that I can catch the references. The game is a massive improvement on the first game in every single way.

I've got one question after this though. How come there are so many modern buildings in Automata? In Replicant, society had regressed to medieval level and "humanity" is dying. So how did the Replicants build all that stuff?
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-21, 10:42   Link #32
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Finished replaying Automata. It was even better the second time around, especially now that I can catch the references. The game is a massive improvement on the first game in every single way.

I've got one question after this though. How come there are so many modern buildings in Automata? In Replicant, society had regressed to medieval level and "humanity" is dying. So how did the Replicants build all that stuff?
Technically it didn't. The research lab under Emil's manor was pretty high-tech.

The Replicants were just kept in the dark.

Even when the original humans and researchers died out, the androids still had their knowledge, and YoRHa aren't the only androids.

There's also the fact that even without the androids, the Replicants and "humanity" didn't completely go extinct until a millenia after the events of Nier Replicant, so even their civilization still had plenty of time to progress naturally afterwards.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2021-05-21 at 11:27.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-21, 18:51   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Technically it didn't. The research lab under Emil's manor was pretty high-tech.

The Replicants were just kept in the dark.

Even when the original humans and researchers died out, the androids still had their knowledge, and YoRHa aren't the only androids.

There's also the fact that even without the androids, the Replicants and "humanity" didn't completely go extinct until a millenia after the events of Nier Replicant, so even their civilization still had plenty of time to progress naturally afterwards.
Although it is mentioned the last Gestalt died in year 4000 something, humanity was already dying out by the time of Nier Replicant. It's doubtful a small population would have managed to progress this much and build all this. Unless the Androids decided to help the Replicants after the Devola and Popola fiasco.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-22, 13:43   Link #34
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Although it is mentioned the last Gestalt died in year 4000 something, humanity was already dying out by the time of Nier Replicant. It's doubtful a small population would have managed to progress this much and build all this. Unless the Androids decided to help the Replicants after the Devola and Popola fiasco.
But the modern buildings were still there. If you didn't notice, after Emil self-destructs and takes Popola (and a giant chunk of spherical mass) with him, you can see that the surrounding area is a multi-story skyscraper and nothing like the medieval buildings in the rest of the game.

It's implied that Devola and Popola, Gestalt Nier, and anyone else on Project Gestalt have been residing in modern civilization buildings the entire time and the area was just sealed off by magic. That's what the stone tablet key is for.

Also other than the dilapidated city buildings, factories are a special exception since not only do the Androids need them to produce more of their own and prepare for war, but the invading machine lifeforms could take advantage of them as well.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2021-05-22 at 13:54.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-22, 18:37   Link #35
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
But the modern buildings were still there. If you didn't notice, after Emil self-destructs and takes Popola (and a giant chunk of spherical mass) with him, you can see that the surrounding area is a multi-story skyscraper and nothing like the medieval buildings in the rest of the game.

It's implied that Devola and Popola, Gestalt Nier, and anyone else on Project Gestalt have been residing in modern civilization buildings the entire time and the area was just sealed off by magic. That's what the stone tablet key is for.

Also other than the dilapidated city buildings, factories are a special exception since not only do the Androids need them to produce more of their own and prepare for war, but the invading machine lifeforms could take advantage of them as well.
I know that. That doesn't explain the buildings in the desert, or the shopping mall above Kainé's shack.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-22, 20:15   Link #36
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I know that. That doesn't explain the buildings in the desert, or the shopping mall above Kainé's shack.
What do you mean? The desert would be the easiest to explain considering there's direct references to the kingdom of Facade wouldn't it?

And the shopping mall is generic enough to be the remains of the pre-White Chlorination Disease era.

As for Kaine's shack, there's no evidence that it's the original article given how rare Lunar Tears were. For all we know Emil could have built a replica.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-24, 07:19   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Turns out I just needed to google a bit to get my answer. Yoko Taro stated the modern facilities were built by androids to prepare for the return of humans from the moon, and they were locked in a cycle of the machines destroying them and androids rebuilding.

Sorry for wasting your time
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
brother and sister, nier

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.