AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2021-06-13, 07:35   Link #1381
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
My antibody titers are actually dropping 2 months after second dose lol.
Which vax?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-13, 07:43   Link #1382
EroKing
Version Zero

Pretty sure it was the Sinovac vaccine he took.
Old 2021-06-14, 06:03   Link #1383
Key Board
Carbon

Does anyone know how inactivated vaccines like Jansen are performing against the new delta variant

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-14, 07:14   Link #1384
EroKing
Version Zero

Gonna be a few more months before you see the real world effects in rest of the countries with complications like black fungus/mucormycosis emerging.
Inside India’s ‘black fungus’ wards: Delta variant linked to hundreds of deaths from mucormycosis.

J&J vaccine
J&J CEO says people will likely need Covid vaccine with annual flu shot for next several years as variants spread.

'No evidence' inactivated virus vaccines more efficacious against COVID-19 variants than mRNA ones: Singapore expert committee.

Pfizer and Moderna for rich countries and AstraZeneca for the 3rd world countries are going to be the most available ones when the supply starts increasing to a hell lot more in the next few months.
What Is the Delta COVID Variant and How Concerned Should We Be About It?

Quote:
Two doses of the Pfizer vaccine were shown to be 88% effective against the Delta variant, while two doses of the AstraZeneca shot were shown to be 60% effective against the strain, according to NIH data.

Fauci stressed the importance of getting two doses after NIH studies showed that, three weeks after being given, just one dose of either vaccine provided only 33% efficacy against the Delta variant.

"The good news is our vaccines seem to be holding up pretty well," said Jha. "The data that's emerging suggests if you have been vaccinated you're going to be fine. The vaccines really do seem to hold up against the virus pretty well."

The most severe cases involving the Delta variant appear to be in unvaccinated people or those who are only partially vaccinated, Dr. Scott Gottlieb told CNBC on Wednesday. "It does seem to be a more dangerous variant. That said, two doses of the vaccine seem to be very protective."

"People who are fully vaccinated, I think, are pretty well protected against this new variant based on the accruing evidence," added Gottlieb, who led the FDA in the Trump administration from 2017 to 2019. He's now on the board of vaccine maker Pfizer.
More mutation.
AY.1 — The new Covid variant on world radar stems from Delta variant, linked to immune escape.
Quote:
In his Twitter thread, Scaria said the mutation is linked to resistance to the monoclonal antibody therapy Casirivimab and Imdevimab, which is being marketed in India by Cipla.

Developed by the American biotechnology company Regeneron, this antibody cocktail was used to treat former US President Donald Trump in October last year when the therapy was still at an experimental stage.

Last edited by EroKing; 2021-06-15 at 00:15.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-15, 04:08   Link #1385
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Guess I'll have to play the waiting game. Goddamn third party provider can't provide a decent website for people to check when they can set their appointments.

Meanwhile, Beijing continues the charm.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-15, 10:09   Link #1386
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/47...931874c2ba3f5b

Osaka Uni plasmid DNA vaccine reports 60-70% neutralizing antibodies in phase 1 trial

Meanwhile my place in Sapporo just sent word to all people in it that we will be open for vaccination soon due to the institute being considered a critical industry.....I am, very surprised but it's welcome. Japan's really weird. If they want to administer the vaccine, they are super fast. Otherwise they are super slow.
Old 2021-06-15, 18:11   Link #1387
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I’ve yet to see the “super fast” part in practice.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-15, 20:18   Link #1388
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I’ve yet to see the “super fast” part in practice.
It happens only if they want it to happen to you apparently. IE, if they can be arsed to do it. For the general public it's still slow af

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Guess I'll have to play the waiting game. Goddamn third party provider can't provide a decent website for people to check when they can set their appointments.
Is the Sputnik out where you are?

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2021-06-15 at 20:45.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-15, 21:51   Link #1389
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post

Is the Sputnik out where you are?
A month ago. It ran out. More Pfizer and first batch of Moderna's expected after being delayed with Beijing trying so hard to impress Duterte.

Old man told me to get vaccinated as an essential person with a management company my uncle is heading. Thing is I'm not working with any company/person who's involved in finance and my resume/CV only has one instance where I worked for risk management. I've never set foot in said company.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2021-06-16, 21:35   Link #1390
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
It ran out.

Looks like they can't meet demand. What's the word on the ground about its effectiveness in practice? The official information outlets are just mudslinging rubbish or vague on both sides
Old 2021-06-16, 22:55   Link #1391
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I am not sure to be honest. All I know is that it got approved because it passed Phase III trials.

I for one am not taking it since Moscow was very secretive even if the Lancet (spelling may be wrong) published it at the last minute.

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2021-06-17 at 02:33.
Old 2021-06-17, 02:59   Link #1392
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Looks like they can't meet demand. What's the word on the ground about its effectiveness in practice? The official information outlets are just mudslinging rubbish or vague on both sides
The more honest answer would be than the info on it is unreliable. What is pretty much confirmed is than they have problems to produce it.
Old 2021-06-17, 14:22   Link #1393
ramlaen

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna1191?

Imagine being so partisan that you would keep quiet about something like this in order to not support a politician you disliked.
ramlaen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:56   Link #1394
Key Board
Carbon

I just learned that The Janssen and Astrazeneca vaccine were not an inactivated vaccine, but rather an adenovirus vector live one. Sputnik will be a vector vaccine too

So I guess that makes Sinovac the only inactivated vaccine that’s used widely?

Would be interesting to see how all the vaccines perform against the variants after a year

Edit: https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-p...ns-2021-06-17/

I’ ve been reading how the delta variant causes more hospitalizations and is more immune system elusive

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote