AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate 0 - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 50.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 37.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2018-05-17, 11:01   Link #21
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Kurisu explained that the limit is 48 hours because past that period, the current state of the brain is too different compared to the target timeframe.
Old 2018-05-17, 11:10   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The time leap machine also requires access to SERN's LHC in order for the memories to be compressed enough. They would need to rebuild the Phone Microwave as well. Not something they can do in just two days.
Old 2018-05-17, 13:37   Link #23
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The time leap machine also requires access to SERN's LHC in order for the memories to be compressed enough. They would need to rebuild the Phone Microwave as well. Not something they can do in just two days.
I still haven't played the game and I need to rectify that very soon, but god damn this show is so good again <3

In terms of why I quoted you, I think with Amadeus they'll be able to rebuild it all pretty quickly. Okabe will remember it himself and also they showed the scene previously where Suzuha and Kagari had the IBN5100 infront of the time machine. Whether or not that's what Kagari shot I don't know, but she shot at something.
Old 2018-05-17, 14:27   Link #24
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Yeah the Time Leap Machine has the many problems you mentioned, but what about the D-mail?

With D-mail the only limit is that the recipient must have a phone, but that's still several years to work with.

Of course that would require Rintaro to convince his past self to time travel again, and possibly to ask the Amadeus-Kurisu of the past to help him build the more efficient time leap machine.

Old 2018-05-17, 17:20   Link #25
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
You don't think it's possible that the whole reason we have Kurisu-Amadeus in this story is to make it possible for Rintaro to obtain yet again the time leap machine in this Beta World Line?
Nope, because all they really need is the phone microwave.
And while I don't remember whether Daru built it alone or if it was built by Daru and Okabe, I still remember that Kurisu isn't a factor in its creation.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2018-05-17, 19:35   Link #26
GDB

Though doing so would put them back in the Alpha worldline (or a similar facsimile), because SERN would notice the DMail being sent again like they did back at the start of the series.
Old 2018-05-18, 03:23   Link #27
moridin84
Custom User Title

At the end of the original Stein's Gate, the Okabe received a DMail from a future Okabe explaining about having to fool "his past self" into thinking Kurisu was dead. I assume that this Okabe is the one that sends that d-mail.

Being able to send a d-mail at some point far in the future doesn't mean they'll be able to send a d-mail in just a few days though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Though doing so would put them back in the Alpha worldline (or a similar facsimile), because SERN would notice the DMail being sent again like they did back at the start of the series.
I don't know if that matters at this point.
Old 2018-05-18, 06:46   Link #28
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
There is an even greater danger if Rintaro uses Amadeus-Kurisu to build the Time Leap Machine again. Namely the fact that since she's an artificial intelligence all of her memories will get stored as data and therefore whoever controls Amadeus can access the information to build the Time Leap Machine.

Perhaps this is Leskinen's true aim.

Old 2018-05-20, 03:26   Link #29
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
God damn it, knowing Steins;Gate I had a very bad feeling about the episode with the mood that was almost too calmn, and my hunch was not wrong with that end.

Also, Leskinen and Reyes are extremely shady at this point. Especially with how Reyes was looking after Kagari passed by at the shrine.
I'm really hoping that at least both of them aren't villains. I'm not fond of the all foreigners are evil trope.

So I guess SERN is back to their old tricks again, but I supposed that isn't right phase, huh? While I know he was apprehensive Okabe was still too careless in involving Moeka in the present situation without knowing her current circumstances in the in this timeline. Since she was at the university for some unknown reason this might lend some credence that Leskinen was involved with her. Plus Amadeus suddenly cutting off the moment the attack happens can't be coincidence.

Oh and Mayuri dying here is just a kick in balls for good measure. Poor Okabe.
Old 2018-05-20, 03:37   Link #30
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Oh and Mayuri dying here is just a kick in balls for good measure. Poor Okabe.
Uhm, she is not dead yet.
Old 2018-05-20, 08:25   Link #31
Applehell

No, but her clock stopped again which is normal her own personal deathflag and she always died without fail. But hey, I'm open things being different this time around.
Old 2018-05-20, 08:38   Link #32
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No, you misunderstood the scene.
Okarin felt the same "tension" as it was back in the Alpha World Line. Okarin basically had an ominous flashback with Mayuri saying that, but it didn't happen. Note how Mayuri actually looked at Okarin, not towards her pocket watch she usually keep on herself.
Old 2018-05-20, 09:23   Link #33
Applehell

Ah, I see. The scene flashed by pretty quickly and I wasn't paying attention so mistook it.

Thanks!
Old 2018-05-20, 12:29   Link #34
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Ah, I see. The scene flashed by pretty quickly and I wasn't paying attention so mistook it.

Thanks!
He flashbacked to the clock-stopping scene since what Maho said regarding her phone working but there being no connection to Amadeus was so similar in its ominous nature.
Old 2018-05-21, 16:30   Link #35
Applehell

Yeah, I feel this might be new trigger for "something bad is going to happen" by the way it was framed too.

Right now Judy is most suspicious person in the cast and it seems that she works in the same facility with Maho and Leskinen. She very will could have some access to Amadeus so it is that Leskinen might be a red-herring. On the other the story might be leading us on with her. Either one is highly likely working for SERN though now that the rounders have returned to spotlight.
Closed Thread