AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-20, 11:45   Link #1201
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well, Suzaku thinks Lelouch did it on purpose, which doesn't help matters. I doubt he'd care if he knew it was an accident.
Note I said "all because of a bad joke"

I'd think it's better to stick with "on purpose" rather than "accident due to bad joke"

Especially if he knew what Lelouch told her.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 11:45   Link #1202
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I guess that makes Lelouch a better person than them then?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 12:05   Link #1203
Amray

I personally thought that Suzaku was an awesome character. If you looked at it from his point of view then he seems a really nice guy. XP
He is also kind of an Anti-hero in a way, as was Lelouch, although Lelouch would take out Britannians AND Elevens if need be, whereas Suzaku would most likely only do so to Elevens, especially if he was ordered to.

These are just my thoughts.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 12:07   Link #1204
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Of course he is a nice guy from his point of view. He thinks he is doing what is best.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-20, 12:17   Link #1205
Amray

Indeed. He does seem a lot more big-headed about himself and his situation after you find out that
Spoiler for Suzaku:
But who can exactly blame him? XP

He is a nice guy as an Eleven (sorry Kallen, ofcourse I mean 'Japanese') especially when at Ashford Academy with Nunally, Lelouch and the others. There again that may be because they are all Britannians there. XD
Old 2008-05-20, 12:21   Link #1206
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Actually, Taniguchi's intention was for him to only seem like a nice guy, but actually be an incredibly selfish person who only appeared that way to make himself feel better.

Old 2008-05-20, 12:30   Link #1207
Amray

Hiding his feelings? He was always trying to hide the fact that he did it though, either to protect it from Lelouch and Nunally or just for selfish reasons.
Old 2008-05-20, 12:31   Link #1208
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray View Post
Hiding his feelings? He was always trying to hide the fact that he did it though, either to protect it from Lelouch and Nunally or just for selfish reasons.
Well the selfish part comes from about only doing it to make himself feel good.

Though after the Mao incident I'm not so sure since he has been opening himself to Kallen and Euphie about what he did to his father.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 12:37   Link #1209
Amray

Yeah that is true. The only reason Lelouch knew was because he was standing there in the same room. XD
Although I imagine that Suzaku would never had told Lelouch in person if it was not for Mao. Lelouch probably would have never found out......maybe. Lelouch did not seem to show much bother towards it anyway, he was too busy still recovering from worrying about Nunally and thinking about his next move against Britannia or what not.
Old 2008-05-20, 12:44   Link #1210
greyhawk
Some dude

"Friend" is a vague concept sometimes. They are still friends perhaps, just not like before.
greyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 14:49   Link #1211
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray View Post
I say, it more for selfish reasons.

Mao who read his mind has no reason to lie to us.

I think this is why a lot of people dislike him, he keep saying Lelouch is going about things the wrong way, yet he himself is no better.
In the new season, he even go as far as to do the exact same things he criticize Lelouch for - causing collateral damage.

Then again I think most of us here are mistaken as to what his philosophy really is.
It's not to avoid collateral damage (ends vs means), he doesn't care about that as you can readily see.

I think people were right when they say he lives just to justified what he did to his father. To justified giving Japan up to the Britanians.
Old 2008-05-20, 14:52   Link #1212
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Okouchi confirmed that Mao was telling the absolute truth so there is no doubt about that.

Old 2008-05-20, 20:14   Link #1213
Daito-kun
wanderer

Send a message via ICQ to Daito-kun
The relationship between Lulu and Suzaku are very complex, and in the sam time, very simple. It's hate, wich become twisted due to their past friendship. Somethin, that can be resoleved in two ways - washed away with blood one of them or makin the max possible distance between those two, so the never meet again.
Personally I lost my respect to Suzaku in ep 2 of r2, when find out why lulu still alive. Suzaku simply did'nt kill him. WTF?!!! After all big talk about that now he has the one he hate, about zero's existance is a mistake, about other stuff... and he simply traded his best friend and best enemy to the Knight of Round position... To prevent himself from losin anyone dear to him again,as he said later. Where all those "change system from the inside" line go?!
well, at least, he became a little more honest.
Daito-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 20:47   Link #1214
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

To me, Suzaku is a "neither-here-nor-there" type of character. He certainly isn't goody-two-shoes, yet he's not prepared to go "all the way", so to speak. Tell me there's a reason why he's like this.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 20:51   Link #1215
nines
I much prefer the 2d

i think suzaku is just a user lets see he gets turns in his childhood friend to become a knight of the seven, saying that the geass was evil when hes like one of the right hand guys to one of the evil people. He just wants revenge on the japanese because of his father he even knowling trys to lour zero out with nunally hes not pro hero in any way hes all anti-hero and his brain has gone over to the radacilist like almost all of britanians
Old 2008-05-20, 20:52   Link #1216
orangejuicetang

Most people you meet in life are people like that. They probably aren't saints and probably aren't practical to point of abadoning all morals. They fall into the gray area between the two.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 20:54   Link #1217
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daito-kun
The relationship between Lulu and Suzaku are very complex, and in the sam time, very simple. It's hate, wich become twisted due to their past friendship. Somethin, that can be resoleved in two ways - washed away with blood one of them or makin the max possible distance between those two, so the never meet again.
Well, I can easily enough see either of'em die at the end.. Or simply part ways forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan
To me, Suzaku is a "neither-here-nor-there" type of character. He certainly isn't goody-two-shoes, yet he's not prepared to go "all the way", so to speak. Tell me there's a reason why he's like this.
Perhaps it's just that he's trying to stay on the... borderline, sorta. He has at this point realized that sometimes, the "wrong methods" is exactly what you need to archieve the desired effects. However, he also can't go too much overboard, because if he starts doing too many "bad guy" things, then he cannot see himself as a "good guy" either - which I don't think he could endure...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 21:05   Link #1218
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daito-kun
Personally I lost my respect to Suzaku in ep 2 of r2, when find out why lulu still alive. Suzaku simply did'nt kill him. WTF?!!! After all big talk about that now he has the one he hate, about zero's existance is a mistake, about other stuff... and he simply traded his best friend and best enemy to the Knight of Round position... To prevent himself from losin anyone dear to him again,as he said later. Where all those "change system from the inside" line go?!
well, at least, he became a little more honest.
Suzaku talks big to hype himself up so that he can atleast take on the task...What people forget or ignore about him is that he is a pretty tame guy in-terms of his base personality (Which is a complete opposite of Lulu who would have been an emo-cool, arrogant, pious a$$ even if he never got the geass)...Suzaku plays with a kitty-cat for fun for God's sake...When he didn't kill Lulu in ep 26, he prolly just wanted to make him suffer as much as he could without actually killing his friend (Perhaps even feeling in his warped mind like having his memories wiped and Nunally-wiped away by his hated father no doubt was worse than death, but something he could live with)...

Yes he hates him now, but I doubt he would ever just stab him out like he did his father in any scenario (Well until he turns into Anakin as the current course of this season suggests^^) ...You also gotta remember Euffie died in his arms like less than a couple of hours before he captures Lulu so he was high off hate-adrenaline at the time...After what Lulu did to Euffie on the surface (Which no one knows about STILL but C.C. and Lulu), Suzaku stop giving a damn...The girl died a painful, painful death right before his eyes, geassed-out fighting herself from killing him...That does something to a man I think, even if he still is wishy washy at times...Selling Lulu out was a fate worse than death for him...
Old 2008-05-20, 21:21   Link #1219
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Actually, at his basest personality, Lelouch is pretty nice person in general. A little too nitpicky about things and with an ego, but nothing too big.

I think Suzaku may have thought he was helping Lelouch by getting rid of Zero.

Old 2008-05-20, 21:29   Link #1220
orangejuicetang

I suppose if one want to get really technical, then technically erasing Lelouch's memories of being Zero is essentially the same as "killing zero", since it basically erases Zero from existence.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote