AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-29, 13:59   Link #461
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It doesn't say, though i hope they've licensed all the seasons, and not just the first.

Still, this is the best news ever. About time this title was licensed.
Old 2009-10-29, 14:27   Link #462
Dop
Mmmm....

Wonderful news, I hope they've got all series, although I suspect releases of second and third would depend on sales of the first. I'll be buying it, that's for sure.

Now if someone would licence Sketchbook and G.A. to score the hat-trick!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 15:34   Link #463
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Wonderful news, I hope they've got all series, although I suspect releases of second and third would depend on sales of the first. I'll be buying it, that's for sure.
Well, it's possible that they may have licensed the first and second season together. Come to think of it, it's interesting that this announcement comes after the two specials are released.

As for the third season, I suspect we won't get confirmation for awhile. Since Sentai tends to like to announce by solicitation. Meaning we need to wait for the series to get far enough in its R2 release that Sentai can put together the R1 of it.
Never mind the fact it remains up in the air as to whether or not, the third season will gets is own specials.

Quote:
Now if someone would licence Sketchbook and G.A. to score the hat-trick!
I was thinking the same thing more or less. We need the power of 4 Koma Female Art Students to bless us. In any case, I'm happy about this Sunshine Sketch goodness.
Old 2009-10-29, 19:43   Link #464
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

G.A., Hidamari and K-On together: Let the Hobunsha girls unite!
Old 2009-11-12, 16:01   Link #465
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

The lowest I've found for the preorder is at dvdpacific. Has anyone found a better deal?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 17:27   Link #466
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

That's a pretty good price, well under $2/episode if 350 minutes => 14 episodes. I've always found dvdpacific to offer very competitive pricing, better usually than RightStuf unless they're running a special. I had never heard of dvdpacific before until xris recommended them to me in the Where do I buy thread; I've been a happy customer ever since.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 17:43   Link #467
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I know it's low, but there's always the possibility someone out there is pricing it even lower, so it doesn't hurt to ask.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 18:44   Link #468
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
The lowest I've found for the preorder is at dvdpacific. Has anyone found a better deal?
Great, it wasn't listed on DVDPacific when I looked last week. Will be pre-ordering this now I must say that I no longer bother looking around for a better price since DVDPacific seems to offer decent prices, good shipping rates (I live in the U.K.) and early shipping dates on pre-ordered items. But then again, since I am in the U.K. my situation is different to those in the U.S. so it may be possible to find it cheaper. I've been using them for 6 years now and haven't had any real problem with any of my orders.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 01:45   Link #469
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Both DVDPacific and Rightstuf have given me no less than excellent service in several years (I'm located in the US). Either would be a fine source.
Old 2009-11-13, 04:36   Link #470
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Great, it wasn't listed on DVDPacific when I looked last week. Will be pre-ordering this now I must say that I no longer bother looking around for a better price since DVDPacific seems to offer decent prices, good shipping rates (I live in the U.K.) and early shipping dates on pre-ordered items. But then again, since I am in the U.K. my situation is different to those in the U.S. so it may be possible to find it cheaper. I've been using them for 6 years now and haven't had any real problem with any of my orders.
This UK site here which i've been using for a couple of years now has the first season ready for preoder. I'm not sure what the price is like compared to DVDPacific, though i's easily recommend using this site if it's much easier for you.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-11-13 at 04:56.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 18:53   Link #471
Dop
Mmmm....

Ah, the DVDs turned up this morning, so I've been watching the first DVD this evening.

There are a few subtitling gotchas, though - 'tamago' does not mean 'tomato' - the fact that there are eggs on screen should have been a clue, and for the first few post-OP minutes of episode two there are no subtitles at all. That said, the way they translated the 'Kaidan' (scary tale, or staircase) joke as 'fright' or 'flight' worked pretty well...

But that's just minor nit-picking, I'd much rather have this series on DVD than not have this series on DVD, and I hope people will buy it, as this would increase the chances of the second season coming out on DVD, and if enough people buy that, the third! I want them all!

I was in a foul mood when I got home from work, but watching this just lifted my spirits and made my irritation disappear. Shiawase!

I'm still in love with Mebae Drive.
Old 2010-01-20, 20:36   Link #472
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
'tamago' does not mean 'tomato' - the fact that there are eggs on screen should have been a clue
I guess the translator never saw Seirei no Moribito! There's a lot of talk about "tamago" at points in that show.

Spoiler for Moribito:
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 13:57   Link #473
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
the second season coming out on DVD
Speaking of:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pres...es-april-slate
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 14:06   Link #474
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Woo-hoo! That's going on pre-order!

See they're releasing Gintama, as well. I never expected that just because there's so much of it! And Asatte No Houkou which I never expected to be licensed at all!
Oh my aching wallet!

(I shall not give up on my hope that Sketchbook and G.A. will get licensed!)
Old 2010-05-01, 21:16   Link #475
Michael Hopcroft
Embarrassed!

Send a message via AIM to Michael Hopcroft
Finally saw the second special for the first season today. All I can say is "wow". Just how uncomfortable can Sae possibly be? Especially since she has to save face by claiming she's "worried for Hiro" rather than jealous.

Several other things become obvious: one is that Miyako completely sees through Sae's act. Yuno seems to be unclear on the concept, and Miyako isn;t going to explain it to her because Yuno's so straight-laced. And the epsiode has a requisite share of Yoshonioya goodness -- proving once more that Sensei has a very rich fantasy life. And the Principal's speech makes me think he doesn't have as much clue as to what's going on among his beloved pupils as he believes he does.
Old 2011-09-21, 22:14   Link #476
Tainaka
Enpatsu Shakugan

Hey guys! Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I was rewatching Hidamari episodes in prep for season 4. All the season 4 chat had made me want to!

So anyway, there was a scene in Episode 10 that I don't really get. During the bath, Miyako asks if the principal had put anything in the gallery and Yuno responds that he might be making something.. then Miyako gets so flustered that she runs out of the bath saying "time out!" Anyone know why? I was so confused and looked all over for a review for this episode but no one comments on that. I really don't see Miyako as someone to get embarrassed easily so I wonder what was up with that? If anyone has any idea for me, do share
Tainaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 01:36   Link #477
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainaka View Post
Hey guys! Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I was rewatching Hidamari episodes in prep for season 4. All the season 4 chat had made me want to!

So anyway, there was a scene in Episode 10 that I don't really get. During the bath, Miyako asks if the principal had put anything in the gallery and Yuno responds that he might be making something.. then Miyako gets so flustered that she runs out of the bath saying "time out!" Anyone know why? I was so confused and looked all over for a review for this episode but no one comments on that. I really don't see Miyako as someone to get embarrassed easily so I wonder what was up with that? If anyone has any idea for me, do share
I think she just couldn't stand the heat of the bath.

Last edited by omimon; 2011-09-22 at 02:18.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 15:21   Link #478
Tainaka
Enpatsu Shakugan

Ah.. yeah I never really thought of that. I guess it could be, it still seems pretty awkward.. but maybe it was supposed to be like that as some sort of joke(?) Well anyway thanks for your input!
Tainaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, school life, seinen, shaft, slice of life