AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-10-04, 14:14   Link #1381
Alhazad2003

And yet, when mankind's ambition infringes upon the set laws of the Universe, if you will, disaster follows. Scientific breakthroughs, or any kind of innovation, cannot be rushed, or incidents like what just happened to Gina occur. Even though they're clearly pressed for time, their haste will lead to the downfall of their efforts.

And who knows, maybe this is all a ruse of the Novas, to see how mankind would react to an increase in their presence on Earth. Maybe they want the project to self-destruct, and the trust between Genetics and Chevalier shattered. Then, when they're at their weakest, strike. They're not just fighting harder, they're fighting smarter. They've evolved and adapted their strategy, now it's up to the Pandoras to act accordingly. How will they handle this threat? That's the pressing question, can't wait to learn the answer.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 15:10   Link #1382
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Stop. This isn't the place to debate about the human condition and metaphysics. If you want to do that, take it to personal messages.
Old 2011-10-04, 16:00   Link #1383
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Ohhhh snap! She turned into a berserk monster. I sure didn't see that coming... ;D
Old 2011-10-04, 16:35   Link #1384
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Stop. This isn't the place to debate about the human condition and metaphysics. If you want to do that, take it to personal messages.
Stop actually talking about the substance of the story and possible themes, because there's somehow something more germane to the topic than that?
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 16:37   Link #1385
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
well so it begins. The Pandoras were already suspicious of the on goings of this new testings and drug now a couple will get to see the result. Unlike most heroins its nice to see that majority of them are actually intelligent and dont take things at face value. Once they put her down and they will PUT her down they will start seeking answers and the ugly truth will come out eventually
Old 2011-10-04, 17:00   Link #1386
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
Stop actually talking about the substance of the story and possible themes, because there's somehow something more germane to the topic than that?
Stop before it turns into a debate about personal views rather than what's in the chapters proper.
Old 2011-10-04, 21:06   Link #1387
ClawofBeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
And yet, when mankind's ambition infringes upon the set laws of the Universe, if you will, disaster follows. Scientific breakthroughs, or any kind of innovation, cannot be rushed, or incidents like what just happened to Gina occur. Even though they're clearly pressed for time, their haste will lead to the downfall of their efforts.

And who knows, maybe this is all a ruse of the Novas, to see how mankind would react to an increase in their presence on Earth. Maybe they want the project to self-destruct, and the trust between Genetics and Chevalier shattered. Then, when they're at their weakest, strike. They're not just fighting harder, they're fighting smarter. They've evolved and adapted their strategy, now it's up to the Pandoras to act accordingly. How will they handle this threat? That's the pressing question, can't wait to learn the answer.
I doubt the Novas are able to see the going-ons on Earth. If they are able to, they'd attack, say, West Genetics, since all of the strong Pandora are on the other side of the damm Earth.
ClawofBeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 21:56   Link #1388
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawofBeta View Post
I doubt the Novas are able to see the going-ons on Earth. If they are able to, they'd attack, say, West Genetics, since all of the strong Pandora are on the other side of the damm Earth.
Exactly, that would be the perfect opportunity to strike. Clearly the Novas have evolved, and adapted their tactics since the Ninth Nova Clash. Such fears forced Chevalier's hand and they officially approved the E-Pandora project. And now... the plan is starting to go south. Who knows how they'll recover from this fiasco, can't wait to find out.
Old 2011-10-05, 00:03   Link #1389
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Dr. Aoi flew off the handle when Ohara mentioned that she had mapped Maria's DNA structure...

He obviously doubted Ohara's intentions of the genetic map and the fact that she did so seemed like a personal affront to him. He took Maria as a gift from God, sent in humanity's hour of need, and he makes it seem like the took the utmost care in studying her. I have no doubt that he faced a lot of opposition from other researchers who saw Maria as nothing more than 'Test Subject ###' and had far less scruples in how far they would go. There's nothing worse than a researcher with no scruples to see just how dark a human can be. He probably took Ohara as one of 'them' and treated her accordingly.

I think he was afraid of Ohara discovering the DNA coding of Maria's Stigma Body and then trying to 'mass produce' it for lack of a better term - to effectively re-write the base genetic code of humans to produce/develop a 'Stigma Body' in a copy of Maria's. He was afraid of that end result, which is not an unfounded fear - Maria's Stigma Body was natural - what would happen to the scores of test subjects who try to artificially 'create' a Stigma Body?

Personally, I don't know if Ohara was trying to go that far or if she even had bad intentions when she said that - she probably didn't. But the Board of the E-Pandora Project are certainly forcing her down the path she didn't want to go - the path that Dr. Aoi knew that artificially inducing a normal human body to accept Stigma would lead to.

You shouldn't force something to be something that it wasn't born to be [by altering its DNA] - that's encroaching on God's domain.

I believe that was his take on the entire thing.

As for if he is a morally upstanding person/researcher...*shrugs* No one is perfect, but that doesn't mean that someone can't call you out when you're about to do something bad or stupid or worse...
Old 2011-10-05, 01:41   Link #1390
Khalil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
You shouldn't force something to be something that it wasn't born to be [by altering its DNA] - that's encroaching on God's domain.
You mean like cross-breeding plants and animals? Which of the many, many gods specifically?
Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 09:00   Link #1391
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I was talking about a possible POV for Dr. Aoi's spaz attack on Dr. Ohara in the flashback, not nessacarily my own POV on the matter.

Although I do believe that there is a point (and a mindset) that should not be crossed, but that's neither here or there.
Old 2011-10-05, 15:38   Link #1392
Tachibana
タチバナ

I think Dr. Aoi is awesome, Oohara was going on about how she could use Maria's power and then SLAP and he was like "bitch please, you don't go steppin in gods domain like that!", LOL!

Hopefully after this arc, Oohara will learn from her mistakes, the lust for power eventually currupts and then finally destroys the individuals.

But yes i have to side with Dr. Aoi on how he views Maria's power. I was also hoping to see chapter 60 out sometime soon, i wonder if they're trying to release the chapters out sooner than monthly.
Old 2011-10-05, 16:20   Link #1393
Xion Valkyrie

If there is such thing as God's domain, man has already encroached upon it a long time ago.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 17:27   Link #1394
Mentar
Banned

Ha ha ha ^_^ ... finally I was able to lay my paws on raw scans from Freezing Chronicle 1 (the Chiffon sidestory)

Spoiler:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 17:31   Link #1395
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
I think Dr. Aoi is awesome, Oohara was going on about how she could use Maria's power and then SLAP and he was like "bitch please, you don't go steppin in gods domain like that!", LOL!

Hopefully after this arc, Oohara will learn from her mistakes, the lust for power eventually currupts and then finally destroys the individuals.

But yes i have to side with Dr. Aoi on how he views Maria's power. I was also hoping to see chapter 60 out sometime soon, i wonder if they're trying to release the chapters out sooner than monthly.
Indeed, hopefully Ohara doesn't wind up like her namesake, realizing how much she cares for others only after they're gone.

Chapter 60 should be out soon, along with the first chapter of Freezing: First Chronicle, starring Chiffon. Definitely looking forward to both. Until then...
Old 2011-10-05, 19:21   Link #1396
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
If there is such thing as God's domain, man has already encroached upon it a long time ago.
Indeed we have done so
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 04:09   Link #1397
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
Indeed we have done so
So...who sounds the retreat...?

And I can't wait to get a hold of the Chiffon Gaiden story - should prove delicious - in more ways than one.
Old 2011-10-06, 07:37   Link #1398
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, from the looks of the raw, Chiffon's as airheaded as normal. also, her with long hair. doesn't compute..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 07:46   Link #1399
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
well, from the looks of the raw, Chiffon's as airheaded as normal. also, her with long hair. doesn't compute..
Her "airheadedness" is merely her facade, and it has been right from the beginning. She's perfectly aware of what's happening, and her decisions are always rational. Look at her intervention when the Satellizer/Seniors crisis was escalating, where she couldn't keep out of it again, ended the fight and essentially commanded Elizabeth to back off. Likewise, see how she deals with the bully trio at the end of Chronicle 1. She's merely PLAYING airheaded. She isn't one.

You know who she strongly reminds me of? Xellos from Slayers (see my avatar). Eyes always closed, always harmless. Unless they really have to drop their mask and act.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 10:17   Link #1400
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Yeah, I'm aware it's an act, but it doesn't stop it from defining her character. Also, gotta love that panel where
Spoiler:

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, author loves incest, female fighters, futuristic setting, harem, seinen