AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-25, 12:00   Link #17801
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
well a theory was present before which when vol 22 was release.

A TRINITY

Touma - being the one who contains the power. A vessel, a body that houses the power.
The Invisible Thing - which represents the absolute power which makes a being higher than a god looks like nothing
The Imagine Breaker - which seals the Invisible Thing.
If the "Invisible Thing" can make a god look like nothing then how was Othinus able to suppress it with no effort whatsoever.
Old 2012-03-25, 12:11   Link #17802
tsunade666

^ read the part on what Ollerus said.

Othinus being able to suppress it is almost like a miracle but knowing Othinus ability which gives her 50/50 over everything which she do. Then Touma having a bad luck. Then that's your answer. Beating Touma twice in a row with the power inside of him is really a miracle.
Old 2012-03-25, 12:42   Link #17803
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Basically Othinus is a reality warper whom can turn any scenerio into 50% to succeed, and 50% chance fail. No matter how impossible the feat may be, she will have a 50% chance to make it happen. But at the same time, she can still fail at anything 50% of the time, no matter how mundane or easy it may be. Reality itself will rearrange upcoming events to ensure the outcome.

Imagine if Othinus needs to get on a particular bus, but she's 15 minutes late and theres no way that she'll catch up on foot.

She have a 50% chance of actually catching up to the bus somehow. From the bus suffering a temp engine problem, a traffic jam, her finding a shortcut, etc. Reality will ensure she will catch up somehow.

On the other hand, she also have a 50% chance to outright fail, or at worst case scenerio critically botch somehow.

Touma lost twice in a row because he failed both his luck checks. Or rather, he automatically fails any of his luck checks.
Old 2012-03-25, 12:50   Link #17804
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There's a difference; only one person in the world has been able to successfully use a pull-back punch on Accelerator, while it's been constantly repeated that even the lowest of magicians could easily perform an Anti-flying spell, hence why the age of Magicians flying came to an end.
2 people actually.

even then, if it was a battle on the ground there'd be a huge chance he'd win. He just happened to be flying. Also, he can't die when being cut.
Old 2012-03-25, 12:52   Link #17805
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
If the "Invisible Thing" can make a god look like nothing then how was Othinus able to suppress it with no effort whatsoever.
because she's a broken perfect being
Old 2012-03-25, 16:27   Link #17806
Phibrizzo
Honos628

For last time, its a title it isn't mean to be taken literally as "The one above god", specially witnout evidence of how strong is that "god".
Old 2012-03-25, 16:46   Link #17807
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

people talking about catholic symnolism, i always had the thougth of mikoto representing the holy mother in aleister plan, shes somewhat of an inmaculated mother, and theres this group of "sisters" wich like nuns, emulate the virgin mary, and dpread the religion/network around the world.
Old 2012-03-25, 16:49   Link #17808
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
For last time, its a title it isn't mean to be taken literally as "The one above god", specially witnout evidence of how strong is that "god".
Still, it takes something to take the thing that scared Fiamma easily
Old 2012-03-25, 17:45   Link #17809
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
She have a 50% chance of actually catching up to the bus somehow. From the bus suffering a temp engine problem, a traffic jam, her finding a shortcut, etc. Reality will ensure she will catch up somehow.

On the other hand, she also have a 50% chance to outright fail, or at worst case scenerio critically botch somehow.

Touma lost twice in a row because he failed both his luck checks. Or rather, he automatically fails any of his luck checks.
Maybe that was why she was so mean to Touma... just cause she could troll him for sure.

At the end of her arc she'll join Touma's harem to challenge him everyday to rock, paper, scissors... of course, always calling that the loser has to do this or that.
Old 2012-03-25, 17:54   Link #17810
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

question, what are the sales for the novel?
Old 2012-03-25, 17:59   Link #17811
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Maybe that was why she was so mean to Touma... just cause she could troll him for sure.

At the end of her arc she'll join Touma's harem to challenge him everyday to rock, paper, scissors... of course, always calling that the loser has to do this or that.
That could happen considering that Othinus could've killed him if she wanted, but I think maybe he still has no or little "value" to her so to speak.
Old 2012-03-25, 18:39   Link #17812
judasmartel
*Author

So the hero himself got Worfed just to show how hax a real Majin is?
Old 2012-03-25, 18:40   Link #17813
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
So the hero himself got Worfed just to show how hax a real Majin is?
Pretty much.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-03-25, 18:44   Link #17814
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I thought the worf effect is when an established 'strong' character gets beaten up by the new guy to show how powerful this new guy is, for example Kanzaki vs Knight Leader.

...Lets be honest, is it really that big of an achievement to beat up Kamijou Touma ?
Old 2012-03-25, 18:48   Link #17815
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...Lets be honest, is it really that big of an achievement to beat up Kamijou Touma ?
When you're a user of the supernatural, heck yeah.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-03-25, 18:52   Link #17816
Doc Astaroth

Albeit...

[
Spoiler:
]
Old 2012-03-25, 19:00   Link #17817
Acer
Death to the infidels!

But that does not take away the beauty of the scene.
Old 2012-03-25, 19:02   Link #17818
leukrota

@ Doc Astaroth - Indeed, a "common" Saint could have done the same thing.

Still, the "worf effect" was established by having Touma beat the volume's big boss, virtually winning the Natural Selector, only to be instantly trashed by the new character.
Old 2012-03-25, 19:12   Link #17819
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Still, the "worf effect" was established by having Touma beat the volume's big boss, virtually winning the Natural Selector, only to be instantly trashed by the new character.
Not really. Touma's already been stomped to hell and back countless times, sometimes more than once in a single volume. And half the time, it's because of sheer surprise. It's like saying Acqua got Worf'd in Vol. 16 because he couldn't anticipate Touma's interference at the last second.
Old 2012-03-25, 19:14   Link #17820
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
Albeit...

[
Spoiler:
]
I'm under the impression she rolled her dices to gain that physical strength however.

Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen