AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-09-28, 22:30   Link #681
Psyco Diver

Lots of complaints in the official forums, I haven't had a chance to play a match yet but looks bad, I have something like 19-20 million silver saved up so I can play for a while without worrying but players shouldn't be losing money on a mid tier match unless they really screw up bad
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-30, 06:40   Link #682
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Hmmm... While the fixed repair cost trying to make high tiers a little more playable, it in turn upsets the low tiers. This is what it could go wrong when people is catering the whiny high tier elites.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-02, 01:21   Link #683
Psyco Diver

Looks like you get rewarded for aggressiveness, I'm making a stupid amount of money on my ships since I'm a brawler

BTW I have no desire for Rank again this season
Old 2016-10-02, 08:41   Link #684
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

I'm certain that support roles will be more rewarding in the future - both credits and XP earnings. Maybe not now, but it will eventually.
Old 2016-10-04, 08:14   Link #685
Psyco Diver

Ok the new economy needs to be nerfed, I'm making to much money now lol. I never had a issue with silver before but now I'm making double what I did before, the pay out for DDs is insane at times too
Old 2016-10-11, 18:52   Link #686
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, came back to the game after a retirement since the game went to open beta (and my last pc got fried).

So far how are the things compared to before?
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-11, 23:21   Link #687
Psyco Diver

CVs are allot weaker and are rarely in any matches, torpedoes have been nerfed, storms are a thing sometimes, chat is starting to get toxic sometimes, cruisers have lost their role without CVs and Russian/American DDs do cruiser jobs better (USN cruisers are especially suffering because of this). German BBs introduced a nice power creep also into the mix, USN high tier BBs got a nice accuracy boost. Radar and Hydro punish DDs that make a mistake. Yamato is still OP. New economy system strongly encourages brawling for all ships to a point CVs will now sail to the front lines. T5 went from being the fun tier to the worse due to MM changes because T4 can see anything higher than t5 which makes if very likely t5 ships will be bottom tier often, t7 is the fun tier currently because your more likely to get allot of t5 ships to beat up on because of current MM
Old 2016-10-14, 09:59   Link #688
Psyco Diver

Decided to buy the USS Texas tonight, I need a good USN captain trainer which will help because I'm thinking of meddling with the USN cruiser line again, I left the Cleveland half way through the grind to focus on the USN and IJN BB lines. I might get the Ishizuchi in a couple weeks nectar I still need a solid IJN trainer and I'm thinking of finishing the BB line and working the DD line next
Old 2016-11-20, 18:20   Link #689
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

So been awhile since the RN cruisers have been out and Ihave to say, while a very different playstyle from other cruisers is need to use them, I quite enjoy them.
Usually I do like to go gung-ho on everybody but playing a much more cautious game is well worth it.

Only on the Leander so far, been abit of a slow grind for me.

Even slower yet with Mogami, been on that for like forever.....

but then most of my time recently has been with the Bismarck, it's just so much fun to play!
Def my favourite ship
Old 2016-11-25, 23:05   Link #690
Psyco Diver

I decided to give a try again on cruisers, I am struggling to come to terms with the Cleveland right now, I'm doing OK with it but ok isn't good enough for me
Old 2016-12-14, 23:10   Link #691
Pen3

I just recently bought the North Carolina and wow, just as the rumors say. I sold the Colorado as soon as i could.

Pretty good damage for a BB without torps and stock.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 23:48   Link #692
YF19EX

Funny, just dumped some doubloons for 30 day prem to get some of the Arpeggio ships I missed out on months ago. Now I am trying to find my way to Takao. (I don't think I can can get to her before the months out though)

Mean while, I am getting back up to speed on WOWS since I have been away for a while. Still love my Scharnhorst. Such a versatile ship in all instances.

As for US Battleships, I had skipped the CO all together and went right for the NC. I know the CO was a tough ship as for a Standard they kind of are, but the NC was years ahead of it in terms of speed and maneuverability. My Iowa is even better. But there has been a fundamental change in dynamic regarding the US battleship line. I am playing mostly German BBs at the moment. Mainly my Tirpitz and Scharnhorst. And although I have not moved up the BB line I still play my Nasau at III. It is true, the US BB line is the third rate of all the BB lines with the Japanese and Germans maintaining 1 and 2 deepening upon instances at the moment. And I think its the fundamental issue of the US BBs speed, armor scheme and RNG that forces them to play a middle ground between long range and brawler and not being particularly better in any one or other category. It's nice I don't lose money taking out the Iowa and having a bad game in her, but I don't get that satisfaction if all range combat I can get in my Scharnorst that offers me versatility that I need.

Which brings me to the next revelation. In the NA server, there is a storm brewing over the USS Alabama and WG decision to make her a supertester only reward ship. Now I do want a SoDak class ship for my collection. And I am sure WG did not spend all that time and money making it as to not either eventually add them to the line or as a premium in the future. But the Alabama's exclusivity to a very small minority without any chance of purchasing the ship in the future for the public has caused an up roar within the boards that is border lining the debacle with the Murmansk in the early days of the game.

Now after listening to all arguments, I am kinda middle of the road on this. I do believe the superstesters who put in (personal unpaid) time into making the game and helping make it a better balanced game deserve a reward. It was unexpected but I don't disagree with WG's decision on it. What bugs me is WG PR has always been terrible. Their schemes in how they do sales, releases, making videos, teasing ships only to never make them or do this. How they handle news has always been kinda rough. This one just made it worse. With the US BB line the way it is, and adding finally a Tier VIII to the line but only making it supertester exclusive with no foreseeable release of said ship to the public or her equivalent sisters had made the NA community on both sides of the argument terrible. The arguments range from it being a historical ship that needs to be available to everyone (eventually and I agree) to those who says its WG decision and that is that (which is also deservedly so) to those who want to sink supertesters on site as soon as they see an Alabama (which is wrong to take it out on the STs) to those crying entitlements (entitled would define I want it for free. People want to spend real money) etc etc etc. I actually find the WOWS reddit more civil. Like I said, middle of the road. I pay for historical ships, and a SoDak class would round out my US BB line. But I am not going down the road of TKing STs in Alabama's because you see them or tolerating WG inability to respond to the public properly on these matters.

Eddit: And WG has come out and did just that. Clarify the situation and put the whole thing to rest. The Alabama will eventually be made available to everyone.
http://forum.worldofwarships.com/ind...st__20#topmost

Last edited by YF19EX; 2016-12-15 at 21:04. Reason: Added info
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-16, 02:32   Link #693
Pen3

The way i figured that all USBB should be played is to stay near the middle and never chase or wonder to any corner of the map. Don't just think about the primary target, but make sure you have a next target in range or else you will just be out of the fight once that primary target is killed or just runs away. I see a lot of USBB players they end up with 3-5 minutes of not having anything to shoot at after the initial contact and that is just horrible positioning.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-19, 12:29   Link #694
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

While German DDs are announced to be released next month or two, a possible new Soviet DD branch was announced as well. It will include three early Cold War-era DDs as a possible top tier DDs

Tier VIII: Pr. 30bis Skoryy/Smeliy
Tier IX: Pr. 41 Neustrashimy
Tier X: Pr. 56 Kotlin/Spkoiniy

Before it was announced, I've already created a thread dedicated to the possible second Soviet/Russian DD line as proposed here a few months back. There, I even propose a suggestion to include more torpedoes options for the existing destroyer leader line to be a little more playable than before.
http://forum.worldofwarships.com/ind...s-of-the-navy/

Whilst German DDs will have sonars from Tier V to X, I propose the Soviet postwar DDs to equip with search radars.

Then, I also create a possibility of air defense cruiser branch line to match with the British counterparts, from Tier VIII to X branching off Chapayev.
http://forum.worldofwarships.com/ind...-the-cold-war/
Old 2016-12-25, 13:48   Link #695
YF19EX

Ah been a very good Christmas on the NA server. Sent some packages to friends and family. Got some back. Bought a few for myself. And damn has RNG been good to me.

Got:
1. Anshan
2. Blyskawica
3. Indianapolis!

The screw ball part, is I don't play DDs (looks like I am going to learn) and I gave up on the US Cruiser Line months ago! Oh well looks like I have to take her out to see what she does.
Old 2016-12-25, 15:50   Link #696
Psyco Diver

I did some myself, the $3 package seemed to be the best bang for buck. I scored a Emden (meh) 3k in gold and a bunch of flags and vamos. I might do some more because people are getting some really nice stuff
Old 2016-12-25, 18:06   Link #697
YF19EX

HA! Just put in another three of the $3 dollar crates and got a

1. WOWS anniversary camo
2. Lo Yang!
3. Arizona!!!
Old 2016-12-25, 23:48   Link #698
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
HA! Just put in another three of the $3 dollar crates and got a

1. WOWS anniversary camo
2. Lo Yang!
3. Arizona!!!
I hate people like you
Old 2016-12-26, 01:13   Link #699
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

I'm gonna tell you this. Graf Spee is not good as Tier VI. Their decision baffled me, considering how slow, fragile and not so powerful she is. Would have been better as Tier IV or V.
Old 2016-12-26, 01:32   Link #700
YF19EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
I'm gonna tell you this. Graf Spee is not good as Tier VI. Their decision baffled me, considering how slow, fragile and not so powerful she is. Would have been better as Tier IV or V.
All the more reason for me to just grind out the Graf Spee instead of buying her. I have already finished the first Tasks.

Well you figure she only has 2/3s the Scharnhorst's guns (which have a 50/50 pen chance anyway) with half the armor. So I was not expecting anything at that level. In fact when you think about it, the ROF is slow by cruiser standards and her shells are below average to affect BBs.

Tags
naval warfare, warships