AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-07, 01:45   Link #1
xellos2099

Saint Seiya Omega

Seriously..... seriously...... they stop mading lost canvas and give us this......... "thing..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Seiya_Omega
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 02:03   Link #2
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Why the negative tone? I mean, maybe because I'm such a huge fan of Umakoshi Yoshihiko or that I honestly think that Lost Canvas wasn't that good, the news about a new TV Saint Seiya series is IMO good news in my book.

Really looking forward to this.
Old 2012-02-07, 02:23   Link #3
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Probably, I'm very excited about the prospect upon researching the source of this news.

Saint Seiya became popularly-demanded once arriving into Latin America during the anime TV boom of 1993-1998 in my country. In fact, I even recall the exact date when Saint Seiya first started broadcasting in my country; the toyline became immensely popular amongst the children of my generation back then.

I watched the whole anime, even though I watched incomplete the Hades Chapter OVA season, as well as the Lost Canvas.

The reason I'll likely having this new series in my radar is for several factors:
1. TOEI returns to make the animation and producing it.
2. It will be featuring a new story in the era after the 20th century, and also meaning a fresh and new generation of characters; adds a fresh and updated dimension to the franchise.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 03:13   Link #4
xellos2099

Guido I remember such event happen when Saint Seiya was release in Hong Kong as well. And pardon me for negative tones, but almost anything that is not based on manga for saint seiya kind of suck... Not to mention the character design look pretty pretty boy childish look.... ok Gundam Age 1 look pretty childish look. I just want to point out anime audience have devolve for 20 years now... proof

http://www.heroacg.com/archives/1896

It is not like I won't watch it, but if this...."thing" the reason why there is no season 3 to Lost Canvas there will be blood. Next dimension is pretty horrible too... just how many time MUST there be
Spoiler for scene:
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 03:37   Link #5
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
The reason I'll likely having this new series in my radar is for several factors:
1. TOEI returns to make the animation and producing it.
2. It will be featuring a new story in the era after the 20th century, and also meaning a fresh and new generation of characters; adds a fresh and updated dimension to the franchise.
Yeah, Toei being in charge here should a good indicator for the quality (well, of select action scenes). I'm starting to think that they are trying to revisit their older successful franchises to try and replicate the same thing in the new decade, much like what they did with Digimon Xros Wars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Not to mention the character design look pretty pretty boy childish look
Dude ...

Seiya was like, 13 when the manga originally started, the same age as the protag here.

And for the pretty boys designs ... Saint Seiya is all about the pretty boys. Heck, look at Shun even, he looks like a women half the time he appears.
Old 2012-02-07, 04:30   Link #6
Horse

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/seiya/

Looks surefine and close enough to the originals to me.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 04:41   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Being a huge Saint Seiya fanboy and a fan of Umakoshi (I've always thought his chara design would be perfect for Saint Seiya), I'm pretty damn hyped up for this.

Quote:
Guido I remember such event happen when Saint Seiya was release in Hong Kong as well. And pardon me for negative tones, but almost anything that is not based on manga for saint seiya kind of suck...
The Asgard arc was completely original and it's one of the best storyline in Saint Seiya. Even better than some of the canon material. Saint Seiya is one of those few anime that I consider a billion times better than the manga.

We know next to nothing about this project yet so it's way too early to judge the story. Better this than Next Dimension at any rate.
Old 2012-02-07, 05:25   Link #8
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I remember Saint Seiya when I was little and I watched some episodes in random order. It's one of first many shounen action manga to feature a huge load of pretty boys (it was even succeded by Yu Yu Hakusho and Rurouni Kenshin in old times^^).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 05:37   Link #9
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Best show in 2012 theres folk.

Just because friggin' Umakoshi a.k.a one of the best animator (if not the very best) in charge for Saint Seiya new anime

Godsake this show would be too beautiful for human eyes.
Old 2012-02-07, 05:54   Link #10
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

MAL has a bit of a summary already for the series. Sounds promising.

Quote:
The protagonist is Kohga, a 13 year old bronze saint, who was raised by the goddess Athena. He admires the legendary gold saint Seiya and fights against the evil Mars, who tries to rule the world by abduction Athena.
Source
Old 2012-02-07, 06:27   Link #11
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Wow, it’s a good news for a Seiya-fan. Still, it’s also a sad news coz this is also a (kinda) confirmation that they leave Lost Canvas hanging and probably will never be looked upon again T-T.

It looks like Ares will be the main bad guy this time. IIRC, isn't Ares also the evil personality that plagued the Gemini Gold Saint in the old series? Is that 'Ares' a god too?
Old 2012-02-07, 06:28   Link #12
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

This excites me greatly.

Both as a Saint Seiya fanboy ( admittedly, it's not a series that has stood the test of time, but a classic non-the-less ), and the staff involved gives me hope. Umakoshi is a given, but I have also generally enjoyed the pacing of the shows Yoshida's involved in scripting/storyboarding.

Just as long as Kurumada doesn't go too crazy in whatever involvement he wants in it...

Besides, frankly, I've been wanting to see something like this out of Saint Seiya for a while now. Finally I can get some answers on what the heck happened after Hades Saga/Heaven : Overture.

And it's nice to see that the future of Saint Seiya has ( most likely ) abolished the whole 'female saints must be masked at all times. If exposed, you must kill the guy who saw it or marry him' rule.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 06:32   Link #13
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
And it's nice to see that the future of Saint Seiya has ( most likely ) abolished the whole 'female saints must be masked at all times. If exposed, you must kill the guy who saw it or marry him' rule.
Aww, but i love that rule. It had quite the charm to it.

I highly hope we see the return of Yokoyama Seiji as composer. /me fingers crossed
Old 2012-02-07, 06:50   Link #14
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Aww, but i love that rule. It had quite the charm to it.
What if the guy who (accidentally) saw her face is just 5 years old? Or an immediate family member (father, brother)? Or an already married man with family? Or a gay? Or more than 1 guy (5 at the same time, for example)? Moreover, what will she do if her face accidentally got widely broadcasted? Sorry, I can’t hold myself .
Old 2012-02-07, 07:28   Link #15
tenkenX6
Undead Fansub TL/TLC
*Fansubber

This new series sounds interesting enough, so I'll give it a shot when it starts airing. I can't say that I'm a diehard fan of the franchise, but I like what I've seen up to this point.
tenkenX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 11:55   Link #16
Miraluka
Banned

Well in the promo image Seiya wears Sagitarius golden cloth so the fact he turned into the new generation of golden saints is very likely. AFAIK Saori is the adoptive mother of Koga, guess who is the father .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 12:17   Link #17
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Still, it’s also a sad news coz this is also a (kinda) confirmation that they leave Lost Canvas hanging and probably will never be looked upon again T-T.
Quote:
It is not like I won't watch it, but if this...."thing" the reason why there is no season 3 to Lost Canvas there will be blood.
Where is this coming from? Omega is Toei, Lost Canvas is TMS. Different studios, one project has nothing to do with the other.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 12:30   Link #18
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Los Caballeros del Zodiaco!

So is this actually a TV show then? Possibly a reboot to go along with Hunter x Hunter? Seems like shonen action and mecha are really making a comeback this year in a way that's going to make 2007 look like a small doggie treat in comparison to what looks like an upcoming feast.

All I want to know is if Tohru Furuya is confirmed to reprise his role as Seiya or not.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 12:38   Link #19
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Los Caballeros del Zodiaco!

So is this actually a TV show then? Possibly a reboot to go along with Hunter x Hunter? Seems like shonen action and mecha are really making a comeback this year in a way that's going to make 2007 look like a small doggie treat in comparison to what looks like an upcoming feast.

All I want to know is if Tohru Furuya is confirmed to reprise his role as Seiya or not.
Not to mention with the new Rurouni Kenshin anime !!

This new Saint Seiya TV series isn't a reboot, but a sequel with a new set of characters and a all-new original anime story.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 12:47   Link #20
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Seeing how in this sequel Seiya is finally a full-time Gold Saint, i would love to see Hyoga, Shiryu and the others appearing as the new Aquarius, Libra, etc. Not holding my breath though..
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen