AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-05-16, 23:39   Link #21
EagleBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I could do it if you want me to.
Well if you can, I'm just looking 2, 8, 12 and 15. If it's too much just say so.
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 00:38   Link #22
Sumeragi
Banned

I'll just post the summaries of the excerpts:

Spoiler for Chapter 2:

Spoiler for Chatper 8:

Spoiler for Chapter 12:

Spoiler for Chapter 15:

This okay for you?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 00:44   Link #23
EagleBlue

Quote:
I'll just post the summaries of the excerpts:

Spoiler for Chapter 2:

Spoiler for Chatper 8:

Spoiler for Chapter 12:

Spoiler for Chapter 15:

This okay for you?
Yes, it is. Thank you for the translations. And have you worked on other translations?

EDIT:

Woah, Theodore's sister is alive that's a shock. Also curious why is she alive.
Old 2012-05-17, 00:49   Link #24
Key Board
Carbon

I see dead people
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 00:50   Link #25
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBlue View Post
Yes, it is. Thank you for the translations. And have you worked on other translations?
Nope. I just took time off from work for this.
Old 2012-05-18, 10:20   Link #26
Mazryonh

Quote:
Well, if you read the very short excerpt that accompanies that illustration.....

It's so..... erotic.
You have to admit, scenes like that are Carnelian's artistic specialty. But to me it looks more like Theodore is in serious trouble to me, unless there's been a lot of romantic development between the two, and then again, Irisdina could be just putting on an act to get him killed.

Another problem with those novel excerpt illustrations is that a few characters either don't appear in them at all (like Gretel, Sylvia, or Pham Thi Lan), or appear in them and aren't named (like the shorter twintails girl with blue hairbows). Perhaps you could shed a bit of light on that?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 11:39   Link #27
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
You have to admit, scenes like that are Carnelian's artistic specialty. But to me it looks more like Theodore is in serious trouble to me, unless there's been a lot of romantic development between the two,
Not so sure, but there seems to be something of the sort between the two.

Quote:
and then again, Irisdina could be just putting on an act to get him killed.
Well, this is possible if Irisdina happens to be a triple agent (a seemingly Stasi dog who was an anti-Stasi conspiracy member, who is actually a high-level Stasi spy). Sort of difficult, I would say.

Quote:
Another problem with those novel excerpt illustrations is that a few characters either don't appear in them at all (like Gretel, Sylvia, or Pham Thi Lan), or appear in them and aren't named (like the shorter twintails girl with blue hairbows). Perhaps you could shed a bit of light on that?
The twintails is Liz Edelbach, who happens to have her own page in the characters section. As for the rest.... Given that there are several illustrations per chapter, most likely we just haven't seen them yet until others translate the chapters for us.
Old 2012-05-18, 13:13   Link #28
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Personally i can't wait for Beatrix Brehmer to be introduced, she seems interesting in more ways then one and caught my attention .

Spoiler for Small scan:
Old 2012-05-18, 22:10   Link #29
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

interesting i came across some scans for Schwarzes marken a wile ago but only ch1-6 and the links for those are down. i will try and find them on my hard drive after i finish getting drunk at the bar. Not knowing what happens after ch6 kills me. good job to the translator.

edit:unfortunately not having any luck finding the chapters i had. but i did manage to find a scan on chap 4 online.http://www.aemedia.org/2011/06/muv-l...marken-04.html

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2012-05-19 at 23:54.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 23:00   Link #30
Mazryonh

Quote:
Not so sure, but there seems to be something of the sort between the two.
Agents of secret police/services like the Stasi were notorious for putting their loyalty to their organization above any and all other considerations, including something as "transient" and "shallow" as love. I wouldn't be surprised if after vol. 18 Irisdina puts a knife in Theodore's back--even if she has to do it while in nothing but a bedsheet as he leaves the room.

Quote:
The twintails is Liz Edelbach, who happens to have her own page in the characters section. As for the rest.... Given that there are several illustrations per chapter, most likely we just haven't seen them yet until others translate the chapters for us.
Well, Theodore's sister didn't have a character description up until recently. And how is she supposed to be a mecha pilot again? Did the siblings train together?

Also, would you be so kind as to translate the description for the character at the bottom of the list with a butterfly hairclip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
Personally I can't wait for Beatrix Brehmer to be introduced, she seems interesting in more ways then one and caught my attention .
Female characters with radar domes/cannon shells/combat helmets on their chests are another specialty of Carnelian's art. She seems to like designing characters with the letter D or further in the alphabet on their chests--in fact, one of her favourite alphanumeric combinations is 96G. Ten to one she's already recorded the sizes in her design books and could put them up on the character descriptions part of the website if the webmasters would only let her.
Old 2012-05-22, 00:00   Link #31
EagleBlue

Design books? Any chance you know where to read them?

I'm really interested what TSFs will be shown in this series.
Old 2012-05-22, 01:13   Link #32
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Agents of secret police/services like the Stasi were notorious for putting their loyalty to their organization above any and all other considerations, including something as "transient" and "shallow" as love. I wouldn't be surprised if after vol. 18 Irisdina puts a knife in Theodore's back--even if she has to do it while in nothing but a bedsheet as he leaves the room.
The question is, is she really an agent for Stasi? As I said:

Quote:
Well, this is possible if Irisdina happens to be a triple agent (a seemingly Stasi dog who was an anti-Stasi conspiracy member, who is actually a high-level Stasi spy). Sort of difficult, I would say.
Until this is finalized.... who knows?

Quote:
Well, Theodore's sister didn't have a character description up until recently. And how is she supposed to be a mecha pilot again? Did the siblings train together?
Liz just came out of nowhere to become a member of the 666th. That's why, in addition to her supposed death, the original 666th members think Liz is a Stasi agent.

Quote:
Also, would you be so kind as to translate the description for the character at the bottom of the list with a butterfly hairclip?
Summary: Second lieutenant of the BRD 51st. She seems to be a cool beauty, but when she opens her mouth she's a biting swearer. Hates DDR for various circumstances.

Quote:
Female characters with radar domes/cannon shells/combat helmets on their chests are another specialty of Carnelian's art. She seems to like designing characters with the letter D or further in the alphabet on their chests--in fact, one of her favourite alphanumeric combinations is 96G. Ten to one she's already recorded the sizes in her design books and could put them up on the character descriptions part of the website if the webmasters would only let her.
Probably the one thing I don't like about Carnelian's art for Schwarzesmarken. My taste is closer to Mizuna of Kao no Nai Tsuki.

You know, I wonder why Carnelian likes 96G. Is that her number or something?
Old 2012-05-22, 01:44   Link #33
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Personally i don't see the problem, i mean Katia, Anett & Gretel don't have bomber shells for example, i don't mind diversification :P. I for one really like Carnelian art one of my favorite artists.
Old 2012-05-22, 02:57   Link #34
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Speaking of Carnelian's art, is this the only Muv Luv novel she's done?
Old 2012-05-22, 11:34   Link #35
Timsel

Quote:
Personally i can't wait for Beatrix Brehmer to be introduced, she seems interesting in more ways then one and caught my attention
I am really really agree with you - Beatrix is fantastic!

Here is Russian translation of mentioned short story where she appears af first time. It seems that this is part of 2 or 3 chapter of first book "神亡き屍戚の大地に":

http://full-metal-panic.ru/download.php?view.53

Excuse me but my English isn`t so fluent to translate into it. Mister V said that he don`t want to get a spoiler and waiting for full chapter text.

Unfortunateluy I have find only 4 chapter too
If I can speak Chinese I would like to ask the scanlator Devilgundam, that uploaded some other chapters here:
http://bbs.sumisora.org/read.php?tid=10985330

but now I can`t even register at that site.
Timsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 11:58   Link #36
Mazryonh

Quote:
Until this is finalized.... who knows?
The fact of the matter is, Suzuna Kuraki in Kao no nai Tsuki (Carnelian's breakout game, such a hit it received many collector's editions and renewals) did something very similar in arguably even LESS clothing. I'm sure that Carnelian would have a lot of fun illustrating something similar again.

Quote:
Liz just came out of nowhere to become a member of the 666th. That's why, in addition to her supposed death, the original 666th members think Liz is a Stasi agent.
No wonder why Theodore looks so unenthusiastic in that novel cover illustration where "Liz" is embracing him. He has no idea if she's just an impostor sent by the Stasi to make him vulnerable.

Quote:
Summary: Second lieutenant of the BRD 51st. She seems to be a cool beauty, but when she opens her mouth she's a biting swearer. Hates DDR for various circumstances.
The current cover illustration for the Schwarzesmarken website seems to imply that she's a significant character in the current volume. Perhaps more details about her will emerge.

Quote:
You know, I wonder why Carnelian likes 96G. Is that her number or something?
If you look at the character description pages for the non-BL games illustrated by Carnelian (such as Quilt and Touka Gettan), you'll notice that she often posts cup sizes for her female characters (implying that she either makes up her mind as to how large they will be beforehand and consults photographs/lingerie stores to make a visual match or else that she goes with whichever size fits a character's aesthetics and then consults photographs to match). Still, her preference often strains the limits of "good proportions," but it could just be that Japanese (and Asians in general) women are less-endowed than westerners on average so she likes drawing what isn't found in reality. And 96G is what is listed for Yumiko Kamiazuma (Touka Gettan), Ena (Quilt), and very likely Yuriko Kuraki (Kao no nai Tsuki) and Yume Tamaru (Para-Sol).

Quote:
Personally i don't see the problem, i mean Katia, Anett & Gretel don't have bomber shells for example, I don't mind diversification :P. I for one really like Carnelian art one of my favorite artists.
On the other hand, Irisdina, Pham Thi Lam, Beatrix, and Sylvia look like they're packing some really heavy artillery. Carnelian's one of my favourite artists too, but she's clearly in the unrealistic camp when it comes to body proportions. At the same time, I'm still lost as to why her art took so long to get into MuvLuv if she was one of Age's founding members.
Old 2012-05-22, 12:15   Link #37
EagleBlue

I have a couple of questions considering that Schwarzesmarken is early in the MuvLuv timeline, is there any chance that they survived and still working in the current timeline? And what is the situation of Europe in the current timeline?

Last edited by EagleBlue; 2012-05-22 at 12:27.
Old 2012-05-22, 12:34   Link #38
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timsel View Post
I am really really agree with you - Beatrix is fantastic!

Here is Russian translation of mentioned short story where she appears af first time. It seems that this is part of 2 or 3 chapter of first book "神亡き屍戚の大地に":

http://full-metal-panic.ru/download.php?view.53

Excuse me but my English isn`t so fluent to translate into it. Mister V said that he don`t want to get a spoiler and waiting for full chapter text.

Unfortunateluy I have find only 4 chapter too
If I can speak Chinese I would like to ask the scanlator Devilgundam, that uploaded some other chapters here:
http://bbs.sumisora.org/read.php?tid=10985330

but now I can`t even register at that site.
To bad my russian is as good as my japanese :P, but thanks though anyway ^^.
Old 2012-05-22, 12:43   Link #39
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBlue View Post
And what is the situation of Europe in the current timeline?
From the translation in the OP of this thread:

Quote:
1980's Europe

The utter failure of operation Palaiologos in 1978 brought with it the understanding that humanity was severely outnumbered in Europe. The main BETA offensive restarted the following year, making the forces of the Soviet Union retreat first west of the Urals, then further - until humanity's defence line ran through Poland and Ukraine. Their next logical targets would be East Germany, Czechoslovakia, Hungary and Romania, - but these would use terrain to their advantage, building defensive lines on the Oder and Danube rivers, and the Carpathian mountains, managing to complete them before the fighting in Poland and Ukraine was over. As a result, the BETA advance was checked, and from 1980 the situation stabilised.

In January 1983, the BETA are held back by the Oder-Neisse, Carpathian and Transylvanian defence lines, as well as two beachheads (Kurland and Pomerania), which all served to separate the BETA forces, as well as evacuation centres for the large numbers of refugees from countries west of Poland. However, as time passed, the strength of the BETA only grew, and with them the fear of a successive collapse of the front line. The main strength of these lines was comprised of Warsaw Pact troops, with Western countries such as Britain and West Germany providing assistance as part of UN forces, and a common front was never agreed upon. Humanity, still divided by the Cold war order, was facing their greatest threat yet.
Old 2012-05-22, 13:11   Link #40
Timsel

Quote:
To bad my russian is as good as my japanese :P, but thanks though anyway ^^.
You know I just find that google translator isn`t so bad in translationg form Russian to English as from Japanese to English, for example.
Look, I put the first paragraph in google translator and here it seems that is it so-so readable:

- Fort classes ... here ... now! - Annette in a trembling voice sounded desperate. Theodore felt the same way, except that he could not squeeze a word to express it.
Ahead, behind endless waves of attackers grapplerov and tank classes, from the snowy blizzard boiling stood out, swaying and growing, huge and majestic silhouettes BETA Forth class. Semidesyatimetrovye (70 meters ) giants resembled moving mountains. So far, 666 Tactical Fighter Squadron, operating this time in the squadron, managed to fend off the tank classes and grapplerov, moreover also possibly saving ammunition. But no one imagined that today, there will be a fort-classes.
"Well, why now? .."
- Set aside a panic! - The voice of Gretel intercepted cramp, it was obviously not easy to keep a person befitting the Commissioner. - Command has sent reinforcements already! We, the pilots of the National People's Army, ought not to show the enemy's back! ..
Timsel is offline   Reply With Quote