AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2003-11-05, 08:36   Link #1
Sabin

Send a message via ICQ to Sabin Send a message via AIM to Sabin
Rahxephon Interlude OVA

While this OVA has not yet been licensed it is produced by MFI, therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts are no longer allowed in this thread.
  • Asking where you can find RahXephon OVA downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing RahXephon OVA fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading RahXephon OVA.
  • Asking for playback help for RahXephon OVA episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story.
End of edit by Mod (xris)
---
Anyone have any info on this? I just saw it on the front page and have no idea what it is. I have started dloading it but will not be able to watch it till tomorrow possibly because of work.

Last edited by xris; 2005-12-22 at 07:22.
Sabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 10:10   Link #2
brightman
Ancient Member

It's just some 15 minute episode with Quon having some internal dialogue (ala Eps 25-26 of Eva) which takes place sometime during the series... It's good to see the OP and ED sequences again after a year, but it really doesn't have much to it.
Old 2003-11-05, 10:22   Link #3
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
I'm betting this takes place durring the 4th or 5th disc on adv's release.
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 16:24   Link #4
|Aion|
Hajime

Send a message via AIM to |Aion| Send a message via Yahoo to |Aion|
RaXephon Interlude?

Ive never heard of it before,I knew there was a OVA coming out, but this was nothing like the descrpition that was over at animenfo.com?
Just a side question: Does anyone know the dvd release date of the OVA that animenfo.com is reffering to? Its name is Rahxephon Tagen Hensoukyoku.
|Aion| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 17:02   Link #5
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Afaik Rahxephon Tagen Hensoukyoku is the RahXephon
movie which is already out in Japan AND licensed as well.

Now as to your original question... let me see if I can find some info...

Update 1

Ok... now like I mentioned, here is some info on the movie:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ZMBZ-1594
(note that it mentions "theatrical feature")

The only info I can find about this OVA is this though:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ZMBZ-1400

However, this OVA is named "A Prelude" and not "Interlude"
and was released about 2 months after the first episode aired
in Japan -- in March of 2002.

Update 2

(removed)

Update 3
First: Ignore previous comment above. Second: merged threads.

Last edited by GHDpro; 2003-11-05 at 17:20.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 17:18   Link #6
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!

Confirmed. It's NOT the movie. It is a 15 minute side story about Quon, and it is rather pointless to boot.
LiQuid|J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 17:32   Link #7
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

Im a rahx fan and i must say, It was very deep and i loved it :>

Solar did quite good on it to.

If your a rahx fan like me its a must see.
Sakaki- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 17:41   Link #8
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

This OVA is not the OVA "A Prelude" that GHDPro found a referrence to. It is an unlicensed OVA that was released as a package with the PS2 Game. Read the info I entered on the series page. Sheeeesh.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 20:59   Link #9
ZGMF-10A

is this ova only 1 episode?? i didn't watch all of it but i kinda find it boring when i was skipping through the ova........ but the mechs looks cool
ZGMF-10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 21:41   Link #10
Mao-Yenrai
Juppon Gatana

Send a message via AIM to Mao-Yenrai
Thanks

GHDpro thanks for the update on the movie I was wondering about that.
Mao-Yenrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 23:12   Link #11
Orin

Send a message via AIM to Orin Send a message via MSN to Orin
Rahxphon OVA

i just came across rahxephon ova the one thats about Quon. i watched it like 3 times but don't get whats going on. its seem quite philosophycal. "I am the definition, you are the defined".

any can tell me what it mean? and what the ova is about.
Orin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-01, 00:24   Link #12
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orin
i just came across rahxephon ova the one thats about Quon. i watched it like 3 times but don't get whats going on. its seem quite philosophycal. "I am the definition, you are the defined".

any can tell me what it mean? and what the ova is about.
The OAV was very confusing. (our release is still backlogged because I've been too busy). Maybe our release will give a different point of view. The editing was very hard on my part, and many things could be interpreted different ways. The general gist is that Quon is having a conversation with herself, and with her other self. Think of it as Quon trying to settle the differences between her two selves.

Edit: man, I must be sleepy ~_~
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 21:52   Link #13
Ara^-^
Shikou

RahXephon Oav

Konichiwa!

I saw the rahXephon OAV and i think it's a little copy from the end of evangelion or an other movie from evangelion (don't remember! ) I'm a fan of Rahxephon and i can't say if i like it because i'm still confuse!!!!! but it's not a big success....

am i alone to think this way?

(sorry for my bad english... )
Ara^-^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 23:56   Link #14
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
The series were not that AMAZIN ..but oh well they sell in the american market
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 00:15   Link #15
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ara^-^
Konichiwa!

I saw the rahXephon OAV and i think it's a little copy from the end of evangelion or an other movie from evangelion (don't remember! ) I'm a fan of Rahxephon and i can't say if i like it because i'm still confuse!!!!! but it's not a big success....

It is very confusing with... painful.... hours.... of.... editing.... and.... translation... checking.... (I'm not from Solar btw)
Basically the idea is Quon confronting her other self, defining what meaning and existence are, with musical symbolism.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 00:16   Link #16
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ara^-^
Konichiwa!

the whole series was a ripoff of eva. Some scenes were almost identical frame for frame. Still, for a ripoff, I'd say rahxephon was pretty good. I enjoyed it, though I wouldn't call it the best anime ever...
Old 2004-04-07, 03:37   Link #17
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

I don't know about it being a rip-off...since the story ended up going in an almost opposite direction I guess you could call it an adaptation or a remake.

As for the OVA, yes I've seen the one Solar released. I couldn't make much sense out of it at all, but I do know where it fits into the series. It was a very long winded monologue that really didn't change or enhance what I had gotten out of the series.

As for the movie, I haven't seen it yet. I wonder if I should (or stay away from it)...
Gold_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 09:46   Link #18
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

I hope this doesn't turn into another discussion about RahXephon being a rip-off of EVA...

Spoiler:

Anyhow, the OVA was ok, nothing special. It was mainly dialogue and at only 1 episode long, it didn't really contribute anything new to the series.
Sepiraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 00:31   Link #19
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepiraph
Spoiler:
The same could be said about anyone who can't see that several scenes in rahxephon were taken frame for frame from Eva.
It is a rip-off, but that doesn't mean it's bad. Rahxephon is quite good, and yes it does go in a somewhat different direction. That really doesn't change anything though. There is nothing wrong with it being a ripoff. Just accept the fact that it is and move on.
Old 2004-04-08, 01:02   Link #20
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
The same could be said about anyone who can't see that several scenes in rahxephon were taken frame for frame from Eva.
It is a rip-off, but that doesn't mean it's bad. Rahxephon is quite good, and yes it does go in a somewhat different direction. That really doesn't change anything though. There is nothing wrong with it being a ripoff. Just accept the fact that it is and move on.
This is the first good retort I have heard to the Rahxephon fans who do not acknowledge the overt similarities between Eva and Rahx. I've heard many arguments saying that there are differences between the two series, and yes I agree that there are a some differences in execution. However, these analyses must be taken from an outside perspective. When you're looking at two 26 episode series with many similar themes and it is true that the few tangible differences between the two involve overblown observations such as the fact that in Eva and Rahx the main characters' authoritative parent was of a different gender or other arguments along these lines. While I would not dismiss Rahxephon as an Eva-rip, since it does stand on its own merits, Rahxephon simply is not an original and groundbreaking series as its predecessor was. That being said, I do agree with Gold_Rogers that the best description of Rahxephon is an adaptation or a remake because although it does try a few new things, there are simply too many similarities for it to be a completely different experience from Eva.

I hope I haven't opened up a can of worms, and I apologize in advance because that really isn't my intent, I just find it interesting that the two sides seem to have diametrically opposed views, and the best method for comparing them would seem to be to look at both the similarities and the differences and then make an opinion because hardcore fans to each series seem to be too willing to dismiss the other side's point too easily.
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote