AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-14, 00:49   Link #1161
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Did someone recently say that Lelouch was a good guy, and what he is doing is a good thing? He's the protagonist, but that doesn't necessarily make him "good" morally. Lelouch himself doesn't feel that he is "good" morally.

So, Suzaku made those exact justifications for his own actions to make himself seem like a bad guy?
Again, perspective of the audience. People have a tendency of labeling good guys and bad guys only based on the perspective they are given.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 01:06   Link #1162
Sol Falling

Quote:
Huh?

Which rules though? Whose rules? Any rules that are already in place? Japan's rules? Britannia's rules? Suzaku's rules that for some reason do not apply to Britannia?
Right now, yeah, it's Britannia. Iunno though, can you give me some examples of Britannian's not following their own rules? I can think of episode 5, the internal conflict in the purists, and Darlton cracking down on the people who were taking bribes from Kyoto. Those work against your point, though :P.

Quote:
So, those 2 criterias work only for Japanese or rebels and not his Britannian masters? Would those rules apply to the Emperor?
Eh? Those two criteria work for himself. Suzaku will always follow rules, and he will always try to protect other people who also follow the rules. Why would the Emperor or anybody else follow the principles Suzaku set up for himself?

Quote:
If it was a weak nation who invaded Japan instead of Britannia, would Suzaku still kill his father? Weak nation or strong nation, there is still hurting of innocents, so to stop the bloodshed, Suzaku needs to commit patricide?
That depends. Japan had already lost and Genbu was adopting a do or die resistance when Suzaku killed him. If it was a weaker country, that probably wouldn't be necessary, and Suzaku probably wouldn't need to do so. And besides, isn't it more to the point that Suzaku thinks killing his father is a mistake and doesn't want Lelouch to repeat his mistake?
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 01:13   Link #1163
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Right now, yeah, it's Britannia. Iunno though, can you give me some examples of Britannian's not following their own rules? I can think of episode 5, the internal conflict in the purists, and Darlton cracking down on the people who were taking bribes from Kyoto. Those work against your point, though :P.
Those "rules" were the standpoints of the individuals within the Purist camp and Darlton's own code. Of course they also just so happen to help the Britannian cause in general.

Quote:
Eh? Those two criteria work for himself. Suzaku will always follow rules, and he will always try to protect other people who also follow the rules. Why would the Emperor or anybody else follow the principles Suzaku set up for himself?
"Rules" are merely the boundaries that Suzaku is willing to work in. They apply only to him really. I doubt many care about what he thinks about morals until he gains a seat of administrative power, which of course is his stated goal.

Quote:
That depends. Japan had already lost and Genbu was adopting a do or die resistance when Suzaku killed him. If it was a weaker country, that probably wouldn't be necessary, and Suzaku probably wouldn't need to do so. And besides, isn't it more to the point that Suzaku thinks killing his father is a mistake and doesn't want Lelouch to repeat his mistake?
Other point is that Lelouch WANTS to make the mistake.

Old 2008-05-14, 01:14   Link #1164
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Other point is that Lelouch WANTS to make the mistake.
If that can be considered a mistake.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 01:20   Link #1165
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
If that can be considered a mistake.
Didn't wanna use " ". This is the Suzaku thread after all.

Old 2008-05-14, 01:20   Link #1166
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
And besides, isn't it more to the point that Suzaku thinks killing his father is a mistake and doesn't want Lelouch to repeat his mistake?
Well, Suzaku killing his father was an implusive thing that he immediately regreted (hence why he considered it a mistake in the first place), but Lelouch have had plenty of time to consider and rethink his point and he still maintains the same resolve: he wants to kill off his father, period .
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 01:32   Link #1167
tenken627
what Yagi said

I was going back through some of the pages and realized that I basically just ranted for 8 pages straight.

I apologize if I went over the top too much, and caused anyone to feel any bitterness.

I don't mean to be like Lelouch good, Suzaku bad. Or Suzaku good, Lelouch bad.

I just meant that Lelouch's thinking may be wrong, but you can see his train of thought, while Suzaku's train of thought just seems to be very random.
tenken627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 01:39   Link #1168
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
I was going back through some of the pages and realized that I basically just ranted for 8 pages straight.

I apologize if I went over the top too much, and caused anyone to feel any bitterness.

I don't mean to be like Lelouch good, Suzaku bad. Or Suzaku good, Lelouch bad.

I just meant that Lelouch's thinking may be wrong, but you can see his train of thought, while Suzaku's train of thought just seems to be very random.
One last time, for good measure.

Quote:
Intended perspective of the audience. That is the only answer.

Old 2008-05-14, 01:43   Link #1169
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
One last time, for good measure.
Hey, at least it was fun.

Last edited by tenken627; 2008-05-14 at 01:56.
tenken627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 19:13   Link #1170
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

A Video Of What Many People Would Like To Happend To Suzaku

Here is a little AMV I made 2 years ago or so from a violent black comedy.

I'm presently very sure the following hilarious scenes is what any human being would want for that honorless, father-killing, country-selling, Nunalli-Chan manipulating mangy cur.

I present: What we all want to happen to Suzaku.

(Warning: Graphic Violent Content. Do not watch unless you are 18 years of age).

Last edited by Ronin Aquila; 2008-06-09 at 21:26.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 19:26   Link #1171
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Some people... really need to find something healthy to do.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 19:46   Link #1172
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
Here is a little AMV I made 2 years ago or so from a violent black comedy.

I'm presently very sure the following hilarious scenes is what any human being would want for that honorless, father-killing, country-selling, Nunalli-Chan manipulating mangy cur.

I present: What we all want to happen to Suzaku.

(Warning: Graphic Violent Content. Do not watch unless you are 18 years of age).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nQf4Zowi3Jg
Thank you very much for that undeniable proof that all Geass fans are impartial, mature and responsible, dear. And just so you know, you =/= every other person on Earth. Have a nice day.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 19:50   Link #1173
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Thank you very much for that undeniable proof that all Geass fans are impartial, mature and responsible, dear. And just so you know, you =/= every other person on Earth. Have a nice day.
Immature, guilty as charged.

And when it comes to matters of politics, one can't afford to be impartial.

Though if I may: were I truly irresponsible, would I have put the "Don't watch Unless You Are 18 Years Old" warning?

Must be the stubborn part of the immature (IE. Humorous) aspect protesting.

Good Day.
Old 2008-05-16, 20:15   Link #1174
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Immature, guilty as charged.

And when it comes to matters of politics, one can't afford to be impartial.

Though if I may: were I truly irresponsible, would I have put the "Don't watch Unless You Are 18 Years Old" warning?

Good Day.
To be honest, I have trouble believing that the images were intended as humor. Even more so, when your focus on physical violence is exactly what Sunrise described as Suzaku's most deeply ingrain trait; everything Suzaku say, no matter how harmess, needed to give out a sense of murderous intent...
Old 2008-05-16, 20:19   Link #1175
Eliarine

Quote:

Good Day.
Nah, if you were responsible you would not have posted that at all, since I do believe it's against the rules. And to further prove my point that you do not represent the entirety of the human race, let it be known that we have a very different notion of what humour is.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but not everyone wants Suzaku to die a most painful death.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 20:25   Link #1176
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but not everyone wants Suzaku to die a most painful death.
Ok, I'm nothing big, but I'll be average sized enough to admit that I fall for the trap of using "everyone" quote "like minded individuals" out of convenience and prejudice (against what I dislike) more than anything else.

Begging your pardon.
Old 2008-05-16, 21:09   Link #1177
Aquaman OS

Look for the last time Suzaku isn't going to be randomly killed in a horrible act of violence. If he does die, and thats if, it will be an important scene and people in show will be sad, or at the least consider it a needless waste of life.

But yeah none of this Suzaku gets his head blown off and Lelouch laughs and spits on his corpse. Not gonna happen.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 21:24   Link #1178
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Guys, there are still more than 15 episodes to play the politics game out.

I personally don't see Suzaku as a power hungry maniac. Something is driving him to do what he did. Whether he regrets it is another thing.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 22:33   Link #1179
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Suzaku isn't a power hungry maniac by any means. Just someone who is willing to do whatever is needed to achieve his goals. He's actually not that different from Lelouch anymore.

And whether or not it is sad in the event he dies depends on the kind of person he ends up being in the end. I don't see him playing the loyal Knight to the Emperor for the rest of series, though it might not change till the end if it does at all. And I don't mean he joins Lelouch or something, since the chances of that are pretty low. I'm not entirely convinced he's going to die at all.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 22:37   Link #1180
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Suzaku isn't a power hungry maniac by any means. Just someone who is willing to do whatever is needed to achieve his goals. He's actually not that different from Lelouch anymore.
Agreed. Posted somewhere in the speculation thread on the same thing.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote