AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-10-08, 12:28   Link #3381
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
It's standard and habitual. Calling him oniisan would be something a stranger would do. Aniki is too casual. Onii-tan, too loli. Onii-chan is the best response and there is no deeper meaning to it.
This is enough for me. Thanks for the clarification here and in previous posts regarding this matter.

Well, as long as Arcadia isn't in love with him, and won't get in the way of Kazuya's relationship with Stella and the other girls.

By the way, Amtro, could you provide a translation for the dialogue in this chapter?
Old 2015-10-08, 13:25   Link #3382
amtro
Distro

I could, but that's against the rules since Freezing is licensed. We can post links to the official release of the manga since it's hosted online for free, but that's as far as it goes.
Old 2015-10-08, 16:18   Link #3383
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Alright, then could you just give us the gist of what they're saying? I'm curious as to whether or not everyone at West Genetics knows about Kazuya's power now, and especially if he's going to be Public/Campus Enemy #1 or not. I'm just worried about Kazuya's fate.
Old 2015-10-08, 16:28   Link #3384
amtro
Distro

It's the usual shocked reactions. I haven't gotten so far as to OCR and mine it for text yet, so I can't give specifics. You can more or less guess it from the pictures alone. They're not aware of Kazuya's powers because he shows up at the very end of the chapter and their reactions aren't shown, but they're most likely seeing all this.
Old 2015-10-09, 01:50   Link #3385
Alhazad2003

Just had a conversation about Super Imouto-chan on another forum, and when I went back to that silhouette of her in chapter 181, I realized something. Her ears, her claws, it reminded me of some of the Phantasy Star heroines (Nei, Rika). They're artificial lifeforms, have somewhat childlike mentalities, and fight with claws in battle. Maybe that's where LDY drew his inspiration for Kazuya's little sister, wouldn't surprise me right now, no sirree.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 02:45   Link #3386
Tachibana
タチバナ

I'm guessing her volt weapon are those gauntlets. She really does look like a super imouto-chan cat girl loli. Kazuya is lucky.
Old 2015-10-09, 05:36   Link #3387
ryuuya

or she use a katana but the same style as vergil
ryuuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 06:51   Link #3388
Alhazad2003

Ugh, after reading chapter 193, I am wondering what Gengo actually told Ryuuichi before all this. He still doesn't seem to know Maria is his real mother, nor did he seem to know anything about transcendence. Though after what Kazuha said here, it definitely supports what she'll say two chapters later, and why she saved Kazuya. But poor Orie, being deemed unnecessary in the grand scheme of things. And poor Kazuha, having to learn a harsh truth at such a young age. The whole Aoi family seems to be... most unfortunate. And it'll only get worse come the finale of the flashback next week. Until then...
Old 2015-10-09, 18:40   Link #3389
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Where are guys getting that bit about Kazuya's little sister's Volt Weapon? I don't think we saw it yet, and the RAWs for Chapter 199 aren't out yet, either.
Old 2015-10-09, 18:46   Link #3390
Alhazad2003

It's from the silhouette of her in chapter 181, when Gengo was describing soul energy. She uses a pair of large clawed gauntlets, and apparently has either horns or pointed ears, much like the Numans of the Phantasy Star series. That's why I was reminded of Rika and Nei over on another forum when people talked about her like that. So apparently, Gengo has created the first Numan on Earth, let's hope she doesn't encounter a certain dark force along the way.
Old 2015-10-09, 19:26   Link #3391
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I haven't read that series, so you may have to give me an explanation.

But yeah, thanks for telling me about the silhouette. I'll go check it out in Chapter 181, then.
Old 2015-10-09, 19:50   Link #3392
amtro
Distro

One thing you're all missing in chapter 193. Kazuha is seeing hallucinations. The side effects started showing themselves after just 6 miniature LP stigma.
Old 2015-10-09, 20:07   Link #3393
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Could you point out the page, please? I guess I really did completely miss it.
Old 2015-10-09, 20:35   Link #3394
amtro
Distro

Page 16, Kazuha sees a starry night sky when Gengo asks her how she feels. This was in the middle of the day.
Old 2015-10-09, 22:55   Link #3395
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I haven't read that series, so you may have to give me an explanation.

But yeah, thanks for telling me about the silhouette. I'll go check it out in Chapter 181, then.
Actually it's a video game series for the old Sega Genesis, set in the far future in the Algo solar system. There were four console games made (Phantasy Star I-IV), and two online games. It's a sci-fi RPG series, shows you how old I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Page 16, Kazuha sees a starry night sky when Gengo asks her how she feels. This was in the middle of the day.
But was it a starry night sky or a piece of the cosmos? Because I can imagine Kazuha saw herself as part of something grander than most humans can imagine, a being that transcended humanity, so of course she'd see things regular people could not. So I'm not sure to call it a hallucination, or something "mere humans" could never hope to comprehend.
Old 2015-10-09, 23:39   Link #3396
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
But was it a starry night sky or a piece of the cosmos? Because I can imagine Kazuha saw herself as part of something grander than most humans can imagine, a being that transcended humanity, so of course she'd see things regular people could not. So I'm not sure to call it a hallucination, or something "mere humans" could never hope to comprehend.
She was looking at a starry night sky beyond a transparent ceiling. Kazuha wasn't hallucinating, she was feeling her transcendence, this was after Gengo asked her what she was feeling. At least this is what I can gather.
Old 2015-10-09, 23:55   Link #3397
amtro
Distro

As I said, this was in the middle of the day. The implication is that she's seeing things due to the context, Gengo asked her how she was feeling and she said fine. It's known that transcendent Pandora and degenerated LPs can see and hear messages from the far reaches of space. It's not a hallucination in the strictest sense, but she's seeing something that isn't there.
Old 2015-10-10, 15:49   Link #3398
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ah. Yeah. It's not really a hallucination, then. So, does this mean Kazuha was already a Transcendent Pandora when she was that young?
Old 2015-10-11, 14:28   Link #3399
Alhazad2003

Possibly, perhaps it occurred when she made contact with her mother's spirit, or when she was granted those miniaturized Legendary Stigmata. Though now we know why they're so powerful, and Kazuha had twenty of them at the time of her death. So it makes me dubious over how she actually died, especially since she was shown having no problems against a Type S Nova at the start of her arc in Freezing Zero.

Anyway, back on topic, I hope this helps a little bit. Won't make the next two chapters any easier to digest though. Get your bullet-proof umbrellas ready, a major crapstorm is about to hit.
Old 2015-10-11, 14:36   Link #3400
DragonOsman
Dragon King

She might have died in a battle situation in which she was surrounded by multiple highly powerful Nova. Considering how strong she was, and that she was even said to have died in battle, what I just said seems to be the likeliest answer to me right now.

And yeah, touché on the shitstorm bit. A lot of stuff is going to happen, and shit will hit the fan - or will look like it's going to.

Tags
action, author loves incest, female fighters, futuristic setting, harem, seinen