AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-13, 11:17   Link #321
Atheuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
I thought that much was released. If they continue from Sighs, unless Kyoto pulls off a miracle, then Haruhi would be an absolute disaster, and Kyoto's fan base would completely collapse. It'd have to be disappearence.
Just saying, not out of the ordinary for them to do that ;P - Though you're right.
Old 2007-09-13, 19:47   Link #322
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheuz View Post
Just saying, not out of the ordinary for them to do that ;P - Though you're right.
Hopefully we'll be able to tell on Sunday. I really hope they put in a preview at the end of Lucky Star.
Old 2007-09-15, 01:32   Link #323
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
I thought that much was released. If they continue from Sighs, unless Kyoto pulls off a miracle, then Haruhi would be an absolute disaster, and Kyoto's fan base would completely collapse. It'd have to be disappearence.
Disappearance requires Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody to be adapted as well, and if they're going to adapt something from that far back in the time line (BLR takes place in between Boredom (the chapter, not the book) and Mystérique Sign), they might as well adapt other stuff they left out of the last season. I can see the 2nd season possibly being 24 eps, and if they do go with that amount then they will have plenty of space to adapt both Sighs and Disappearance and any surrounding stories.

And I certainly don't see them not following the "Kyon/Haruhi" anachronic/chronological order again.
Old 2007-09-15, 03:35   Link #324
niffum

Hum, but if they do a 24 episodes season (please, oh please let them do a 24 episodes season) they won't be able to be quite as all over the place with the episode order as in season 1. For exemple, showing ep.2 as ep.20 or mixing episodes from Sighs and Disappearance would take the anachronic order from 'fun' to 'confusing'. So yeah, I'd expect them to mix up the episode order, but not too much (if that makes sense).
Old 2007-09-15, 06:38   Link #325
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox View Post
Disappearance requires Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody to be adapted as well, and if they're going to adapt something from that far back in the time line (BLR takes place in between Boredom (the chapter, not the book) and Mystérique Sign), they might as well adapt other stuff they left out of the last season. I can see the 2nd season possibly being 24 eps, and if they do go with that amount then they will have plenty of space to adapt both Sighs and Disappearance and any surrounding stories.

And I certainly don't see them not following the "Kyon/Haruhi" anachronic/chronological order again.
Without a doubt they will need Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody. And I am sure that Sighs will be in the series as a 2 parter. However, I only see it as a 14 episode series again, as it is the only way to have enough material for a 3rd season. My thoughts are that this wil be anachronological again, but Bamboo leaf with be considered part of the Disappearence segment.
Old 2007-09-27, 06:37   Link #326
Raptor73
ブラック・ロック・シューター

Send a message via MSN to Raptor73
I think that, as tradition for many Anime series, a movie will be released for Suzumiya Haruhi. What I think the series will do is cover the novels 3-8 in the series then have 9-10 possibly covered in a movie. Only a wild theory though.
Old 2007-09-27, 13:22   Link #327
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor73 View Post
I think that, as tradition for many Anime series, a movie will be released for Suzumiya Haruhi. What I think the series will do is cover the novels 3-8 in the series then have 9-10 possibly covered in a movie. Only a wild theory though.
Don't think so, because anime movies that get made from anime series; either have a made-up story like something extra or have a recap of a couple of ep with some new material.
Old 2007-09-27, 19:49   Link #328
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I could see Snow Mountain Syndrome being made into a movie. It's pretty long and involved, and might do better on its own as a movie or OVA than mixed in with another series.
Old 2007-09-28, 07:53   Link #329
Raptor73
ブラック・ロック・シューター

Send a message via MSN to Raptor73
Whether a movie is made or not, I'm going to be very interested into how they manage to produce novels 9 and 10 into an Anime, as having 2 separate time-lines is going to be hard to implement. They could always just show time-line 1 then time-line 2 in separate episodes, but then where's the fun in that? plus I think that would take away some of the impact of the story.
Old 2007-09-28, 07:58   Link #330
Silasj
SOS団 Member

Send a message via AIM to Silasj Send a message via MSN to Silasj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor73 View Post
Whether a movie is made or not, I'm going to be very interested into how they manage to produce novels 9 and 10 into an Anime, as having 2 separate time-lines is going to be hard to implement. They could always just show time-line 1 then time-line 2 in separate episodes, but then where's the fun in that? plus I think that would take away some of the impact of the story.
Hopefully they'll come up with a cool solution, I mean after all, they got away with airing the series completely unchronological
Old 2007-10-01, 13:24   Link #331
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Season 2 will be hard pressed to talk about novel 5 as it talks about Disappearance, given the sheer amount of plot in it. Admittedly, KyoAni is taking on a task even more ambitious in that they're doing Clannad in 2x episodes (according to Moon Phase in 2 installments and letting Haruhi2 take the stage in winter). I would lean to let KyoAni focus itself on doing a marvelous job with Disappearance than covering more ground atm.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2007-10-04, 20:41   Link #332
~ Lawliet ~

I have been very much anticipating this.
Old 2007-10-09, 11:55   Link #333
therationalpi

After reading a lot of the light novels (translated, I can't read enough japanese to read them in their original language), I must say that there are a lot of stories left for them to adapt.

Personally, I really want to see the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya as the "anchor" story, like Melancholy was in season one. If they go for another 12-14 episodes, that should be fine. They can throw Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody somewhere in there, and a couple other stories. If they do that, I think they can do the two different orders again. Most likely, if they are going off the novels, then they have to bring in stories that fall between season one's episodes anyway.

However, if they go for 24 episodes, like we all seem to be hoping they'll need two big story arcs. In 24 episodes, they really could exhaust a lot of the source material. I'm excited to see what happens.

Last edited by therationalpi; 2007-10-09 at 11:57. Reason: Grammar, readability
Old 2007-10-09, 20:32   Link #334
Takuto19
Yarrrr

I can't wait for the next season (hopefully start airing after Clannad), i would prefere they took it kind of slow but it doesn't bother me too much.

A 24 episode of season 2 would be great, i like to rewatch the 1st season from time to time so rewatching a 24 episode season would be great for me.
Old 2007-10-15, 21:42   Link #335
gunyu1
newbie - desu

Send a message via Yahoo to gunyu1
2nd season?!?!? can't wait for it!!! heheheheh
Old 2007-10-22, 14:37   Link #336
oompa loompa

err.. i just watched the first season.. and i dont know where to begin about looking for info on the second.. so.. could someone please just summarize whats been going on, if theres gonna be another season ( i think its been announced ) and when its (some sort of vague estimation time for when ) gonna air?
Old 2007-10-22, 20:19   Link #337
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
err.. i just watched the first season.. and i dont know where to begin about looking for info on the second.. so.. could someone please just summarize whats been going on, if theres gonna be another season ( i think its been announced ) and when its (some sort of vague estimation time for when ) gonna air?
Summarization: Discussing what will be in the second season. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was based off of a series of light novels, so the second season will do the same. People are guessing as to what part of the novels there will be, how they'll do it, and how many episodes it will be.

Will there be another season: Yes, after Clannad finishes.

When: Around winter, after Clannad.

I hope that helped.
Old 2007-10-22, 23:07   Link #338
oompa loompa

very much lol thnx a lot
Old 2007-10-23, 16:08   Link #339
kengen
Temari ownjoo

Send a message via MSN to kengen Send a message via Yahoo to kengen
Oh, darn... I would totaly want to watch the second season <3
Old 2007-10-27, 17:52   Link #340
Zennifa