AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-22, 14:52   Link #1281
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

OMG it is so not fair! I didn't watch epi 10 coz I thought they were going to do their split epi thing and didn't want to be left on a cliff hanger and what happens? I get cliff hangered!!!

I really enjoyed both episodes, Hiro finally pulls his socks up and gives himself, Kei and Miyako a path out of the jumbled maze of their lives. I chortled when the show confirmed my ranting about Hiro drawing to impress the girls and that Miyako would take the look only at me thing too much to heart. I guess when it comes down to it for this side of the story only Hiro resolved anything, Kei and Miyako in my mind ended up as choices for him. It is a shame really I was quite disappointed in the confirmation of Miya's issues. I expected a little more impact then just her parents hating each other and divorcing. I guess to me it just seems that she swapped one crutch for another.

Now I was on the edge of my seat with Renji and Chihiro from the moment she started fafting around about the end of the story. I was thinking that it would be her final thing she was going to do and I also thought she was going to chuck herself off the roof. I bleeping well hope she doesn't next episode.... Also another muhahahah scene when the happy slapper all but confirms that he has certain feelings for her. I can only think that him slapping Chihiro was fuelled by jealousy now. I just hope that she doesn't throw herself off the roof as it would be ironic that he gave them the key!

I really hope that Renji takes this chance of seeing Chihiro's memories getting blown away to realise that actually they don't mean all that. Memories only really count if you don't get the chance to make new and better ones. Its like going on holiday and spending your time taking photos instead of just enjoying yourself. Hopefully he will realise that Chihiro will always forget what happens after her time limit is up, but what counts is that they are together to make more.

One thing that comes to mind is Chihiro might be left with one unforgettable memory of Renji if she ends up with a bun in the oven!
Old 2007-12-22, 16:33   Link #1282
relentlessflame

*Administrator

First off: we found the "d" ("dream"), and I was wrong. It was in episode 12, not in a 13th to come.
Spoiler for Episode 12:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 16:59   Link #1283
changeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
First off: we found the "d" ("dream"), and I was wrong. It was in episode 12, not in a 13th to come.
Spoiler for Episode 12:

Oooops, I just found everything I want to say you already said it...

This being said, I want to add a few points.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Have to say this is one of the best series finale I have seen for quite a while. Everything is wrapped up and the main points crossed. The paper plane scene is absolutely breathtaking. And Motoki Takagi has gained quite a few points back from me with his now more determinative voice play.

This is an instant classic. I will not settle for less than an A+ for the whole series.

Spoiler for about OP:

Last edited by changeup; 2007-12-22 at 17:31.
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 17:47   Link #1284
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 12:
Old 2007-12-22, 17:54   Link #1285
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
Oooops, I just found everything I want to say you already said it...

This being said, I want to add a few points.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Well as long as it is not officialy a couple at the end of the show I am ok with it, though it is probably a certain thing.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 18:33   Link #1286
Shana

Spoiler for maybe spoiler?:
Old 2007-12-22, 18:40   Link #1287
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 12 final...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 18:56   Link #1288
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep12:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 19:03   Link #1289
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep12:
Spoiler for Episode 12:

Two months until the OST, two months until the OST..
Old 2007-12-22, 19:08   Link #1290
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Spoiler for ep12:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-22, 19:18   Link #1291
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 19:19   Link #1292
ThoHell

OH...good ending. That's all!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 19:31   Link #1293
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
But what is wrong with the title? I found that "euphoric field" makes quite good sense meaning "field of happiness". The japanese version "Shiawase na Basho" is quite an accurate description and by using "place" as the word, makes even more sense (though saying "euphoric place" doesn't have the same graceful effect as using "field").
I don't know... maybe it's just me? I guess I just don't hear "euphoria" used all that often, and field has too many different meanings. Plus it implies that the field itself is euphoric, where the meaning seems to be more like "field of euphoria". It's like "Happy Field" -- makes me think of the late Bob Ross (painter) and his "happy trees" (if anyone knows what I mean). Anyway, I guess there's nothing wrong with it, but it wasn't until I saw the Japanese translation that I realized "oh, so that's what they meant by it..."
Old 2007-12-22, 19:40   Link #1294
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Spoiler for ep 12:
Old 2007-12-22, 19:41   Link #1295
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep12:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-12-22 at 20:03.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 19:43   Link #1296
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Wait, wait... hold the phone. You lost interest in the series during episodes 10 & 11? Seriously? Now that's unusual.
Well, rather than lose interest, it was more like I didn't go "wow! that's great!" or something like that. Just that it got really good, but after that, it became more average-ish (to me). At least, I stopped looking forward to the next episode and became more of "Oh, it's Saturday. Time to watch Kimikiss and Ef".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Too much drama for him to compute? XD
Nah, I'm fine.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 19:50   Link #1297
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Well, rather than lose interest, it was more like I didn't go "wow! that's great!" or something like that. Just that it got really good, but after that, it became more average-ish (to me). At least, I stopped looking forward to the next episode and became more of "Oh, it's Saturday. Time to watch Kimikiss and Ef".
I still have a hard time "computing" how those are the episodes when things became "more average-ish" for you, but hey -- that's how opinions work! Everyone's different.
Old 2007-12-22, 22:26   Link #1298
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Cool comparison of the eps. 11 and 12 OPs.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 00:13   Link #1299
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

I made this request before, but several weeks have passed and it has been ignored, so I'll have to ask it again. I trust I am not breaking any rules here.

Request for AS avvie-sized animated gifs of all the important characters, I'm not particularly concerned with which scene it came from, as long as their faces are shown prominently. The list of characters I need are: Miyako, Hiro, Kei, Chihiro, Renji, Kyousuke, Yuu, and Yuuko.

As for what I'm intending to do with them....take a look at my Final Critique for Sola, and you'll understand.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 00:27   Link #1300
monir
cho~ kakkoii

This is show among the shows! I've read posts that mention how there haven't been any stand out series in this fall season. Well, folks that have been enjoying this series sure will disagree. Absolutely awesome series!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, romance, seinen, shaft