AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-10-13, 12:53   Link #21
Alchemist007
*Author

Finished through season 2, can't wait for 3, dang summer 2010
Old 2009-11-03, 17:54   Link #22
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
The fact that this is the only post-90's TV series I've ever seen that wasn't ruined by season 2 says a lot about how good it is. It's actually one of the best Vampire stories ever made imho. The plot is brilliant and it gets much better and larger in terms of its scale. I liked season 1 and season 2 takes it to a whole new level of suspense. Out of all the characters, Eric is my favorite. He pulls a lot of crazy things. That scene where he walks into the dungeon with foils on his hair after one of his men takes one of the prisoners almost made me blow my liver from laughter. I was wondering what the hell he was doing to that guy with that getup. And then, much later on, he actually just ups and takes flight after saying bye to a pair of kids. Eric is awesome.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 05:09   Link #23
Irkalla
I asked for this

So anybody watching the awesome new season besides me :O?
Old 2010-07-06, 06:18   Link #24
Wattstax

I wait till the season is finished. I rather wait a year for a next season then one week for the next episode.
Wattstax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 01:02   Link #25
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
The fact that this is the only post-90's TV series I've ever seen that wasn't ruined by season 2 says a lot about how good it is. It's actually one of the best Vampire stories ever made imho. The plot is brilliant and it gets much better and larger in terms of its scale. I liked season 1 and season 2 takes it to a whole new level of suspense. Out of all the characters, Eric is my favorite. He pulls a lot of crazy things. That scene where he walks into the dungeon with foils on his hair after one of his men takes one of the prisoners almost made me blow my liver from laughter. I was wondering what the hell he was doing to that guy with that getup. And then, much later on, he actually just ups and takes flight after saying bye to a pair of kids. Eric is awesome.
Really? I find that hard to believe because there is quite a lot of exceptionally tv out there. and I mean a lot. Just to name a few, Mad men, Breaking bad, How I met your mother, Burn notice, Rules of engagement, there are more to list. Also I don't see how this show is really all that, other than the brother, the tranny cook and sookie's best friend most of the characters are dull, and their brooding to act cool is just boring.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 10:07   Link #26
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

If this pace and style is maintained the third season of True Blood will probably be the best so far . True Blood seasons always or somewhat followed Bad Start Good End formula . But this season has been entertaining and exciting from the get go . Never been excited so much by a show since a long time .

I never been a fan of Bill not cause I support EricXSookie but that character never grew on me . But Bill turns into a different persona around Lorena . As I had said sometime back Lorena always manages to bring out the animal in him . And I always liked the idea of BillXLorena simply for the reason . Lorena makes Bill look cool/desirable for a change, or as Lafayette would put it She brings out his inner Pizzaz .

So I like how things are going so far . BUT I was freaked out by the broken neck scene . More than true Blood that was a page from Raimi's Evil Dead or Jackson's Bad Taste . Freaky somewhat comical hardly erotic but freaky in a weird way IMO .
Old 2010-07-12, 06:09   Link #27
Irkalla
I asked for this

The broken neck scene was very Truebloodish, me thinks. I mean, obviously, vampires have a more wider range of how nasty they can get, since they can heal. I thought it was an absolutely brilliant idea from Ball to show us that Vampires really do mean serious business. They make all the quasi sm people look like they are squatting. Daaamn, why do Lorena and Bill always snag away the best scenes.

Then there was the Debbie initiating scene in ep 4. I honestly thought her dude would go "doggy" style on her But that is just trueblood, pushing the limits of safe television
Old 2010-07-12, 10:04   Link #28
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

W
henever Bill and Lorena get back together they paint the town RED literally and metaphorically . Lorena always manages to bring out the hidden in Bill . As they bring out worst in each other, Which is usually unhealthy but this case its all fireworks and sparks . Also it has to be noted BillXLorena is the only vampire pairing which gets focus in the show . Just imagine the possibilities if they focused on VampXVamp and less VampXHuman .

Not shipping but have to wonder . Who is the Real Bill ? the one with Lorena or the one with Sookie .Not questioning the love they share . Is Bill clinging to Sookie coz holding on to the last traces of his humanity .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
The broken neck scene was very Truebloodish, me thinks. I mean, obviously, vampires have a more wider range of how nasty they can get, since they can heal. I thought it was an absolutely brilliant idea from Ball to show us that Vampires really do mean serious business. They make all the quasi sm people look like they are squatting. Daaamn, why do Lorena and Bill always snag away the best scenes.
Gotta agree and disagree at the same time .

Oh yes broken neck scene was La Smex . Was an indicator of Raw Passion BillXLorena bring on the table in bed . BUT the Bill impacting Lorena was a turn off . If the neck was connected the impact/force would be absorbed by Lorena . But as the head was dangling by flesh alone, it wobbled in a weird way . That was a turn off for me

Confusing much ? =/ apologies being vague, speaking rhyme & riddle . Best explained 57.28 onwards ^^

Last but not least Bye Bye Eddie Hello Rodeo Gigolo

Old 2010-07-14, 01:37   Link #29
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

I'm a fan of the show, but I gotta say, this season has been a little bit less than expected. Jason is the only character I enjoy watching this season...
Mr.Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 17:15   Link #30
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

* Paris Hilton wants In on Vampire Action
Old 2010-08-17, 14:54   Link #31
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
Paris wants to be a Vampire? I think if she was in True Blood she'd end up being Vampire fodder in two seconds. At best, I can see her getting a short cameo as one of Russel's victims or something of that nature.
Old 2010-08-18, 11:10   Link #32
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

So much happened in this episode, and I have to say that the ending was brilliant!

Tara no longer has to worry about Franklin any more, thanks to her old crush Jason. Hopefully she can relax a little now.

Jason on the other hand has to be the biggest idiot, why would he want to be with Crystal when she told her boyfriend that Jason raped her. He's asking for trouble getting further involved with her.

Lafayette seems to have met his true love, but it seems like his new lover is bad news. Maybe I'm paranoid what do you think? Is it just me, or is it so obvious his panther tattoo means something other than his high school mascot.

Sookie has gone and given her light to Bill, unfortunately we have to wait to find out exactly what she is.

Hadley gets the "worst mom of the year award". She was scaring the crap out of her son, who happens to be telepathic just like Sookie. Lets hope his mother can protect him.

And finally, Russell... O man, next week will be great!
Old 2010-08-19, 10:37   Link #33
Langus
Optimus Prime

I have such a hard on for this show it isn't even funny. Best thing on television right now!
Old 2010-08-19, 15:46   Link #34
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
So much happened in this episode, and I have to say that the ending was brilliant!

Tara no longer has to worry about Franklin any more, thanks to her old crush Jason. Hopefully she can relax a little now.

Jason on the other hand has to be the biggest idiot, why would he want to be with Crystal when she told her boyfriend that Jason raped her. He's asking for trouble getting further involved with her.

Lafayette seems to have met his true love, but it seems like his new lover is bad news. Maybe I'm paranoid what do you think? Is it just me, or is it so obvious his panther tattoo means something other than his high school mascot.

Sookie has gone and given her light to Bill, unfortunately we have to wait to find out exactly what she is.

Hadley gets the "worst mom of the year award". She was scaring the crap out of her son, who happens to be telepathic just like Sookie. Lets hope his mother can protect him.

And finally, Russell... O man, next week will be great!
Jason made a huge mistake by going straight to Crystal's dad and telling him to keep away from her in the first place. All he did was shout out who Crystal was with and where she was. And I don't know what Jason sees in Crystal. She's been horribly evasive of his questions ever since they met. If it was me, I'd have called her out on taking advantage of me and toying with me just to get away from her problems.

Russel is EPIIIIIIIIIIIIIC. I have no words to describe how awesome and badass he was. Shows how self-concieted and arrogant the authority is to simply dismiss Russel as a threat and worry more about their pride and convictions, exerting power on those who will submit rather than those who're more risky. Picking on a 1000 year old vampire's a lot easier than a 3000 year old.
Old 2010-10-26, 00:43   Link #35
Alchemist007
*Author

Finished season 3. It just got really wtfish at the end.
Old 2011-05-15, 14:34   Link #36
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

New promo for season 4 Check it out

Looks cool

http://tv.yahoo.com/true-blood/show/...ideos/25197230
Old 2011-05-15, 18:52   Link #37
Irkalla
I asked for this

Can't wait for the 4th season to start!! The book it's based on is my absolute fav in the whole series. #waitingsucks
Old 2011-05-28, 22:47   Link #38
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

3 New 'True Blood' Promo Posters
Old 2011-06-04, 18:46   Link #39
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I was always wandering isn't warlock the male equivalent of witch in english?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 22:04   Link #40
Alchemist007
*Author

I don't know what to think. I didn't particularly like S3 as much as the others. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.