AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-11-18, 00:46   Link #1521
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
Well Crap!. And here I was hoping to meet an anime chick in Memphis (I was secretly hoping you would resemble the girl in your signature gif). OH well.
Well if it makes you feel any better, I lived in memphis ...3 years ago. Damn, we just missed eachother! And we could have hung out on Beale...ahh Beale *sniff* the memories!!
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 00:47   Link #1522
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
As for the misleading avy/sigs...well, a lot of guys like to use girls in their avy/sigs (such as myself) simply because we enjoy looking at them; it's the same reason a lot of guys have posters and wallpapers of girls.
yeah. that nosanninwa character is obviously a girl. I mean. he just reeks feminity. i mean even his Posts show a very feminine veiw of the world!

oh. wait... err.... AARGH.

3 things are certain.

death
taxes
Nosanninwa's gender remaining secret.

but I get excited about the 3rd.

No you freaks! not that kind of excited!

Quote:
BTW Shay, your avatar is absolutely, positively, side-splittingly heeeelarious. Very cute. ( cute seems like and inappropriate adjective now that I know you're not a chick)
Rate your Avatar thread
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 00:49   Link #1523
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Plus, Tzurial is a girl unlike Shay.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 04:48   Link #1524
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
I'm pretty sure xris patrols it secretly, too...I got banned by him in less than 5 seconds after I made my post last time.
I dunno, my only real foray into the Naruto forums got shutdown by NSW. Because it was 'pointless.' Ha! I got a kick out of that one. I managed to be more pointless than the Narutards! (Not to mention 16+ pages on thighs. Sheesh)

Anyway, welcome one and all to the newbs. Don't lurk, join in the fun. What's the worst that can happen?
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 05:42   Link #1525
7thMethuselah

Quote:
As for the misleading avy/sigs...well, a lot of guys like to use girls in their avy/sigs (such as myself) simply because we enjoy looking at them; it's the same reason a lot of guys have posters and wallpapers of girls.
you forgot the guys who have live-size pillows of their favorite anime cutie :heh

A warm welcome to you Seanny

PS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobobaggins
yeah. that nosanninwa character is obviously a girl. I mean. he just reeks feminity
LOL, make up your mind
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 07:07   Link #1526
Shay
Monarch Programmer

This isn’t the first time I've been mistaken for a sexy babe! I say sexy because if I was a girl I’d definitely be hot.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 09:38   Link #1527
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
Yeah, that NoSanninWa character is obviously a girl. I mean, he just reeks feminity. I mean even his posts show a very feminine view of the world!

What? Fuh? 0_o;;;;;;;;;;;

DAMMIT, MAKE UP YOUR MIND! Holy crap I feel as if I'm in one of the dub episodes of .Hack//Sign.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 13:16   Link #1528
TheLaughingMan
Nee-san is...

Send a message via AIM to TheLaughingMan
Whoa, a thread were people spam posts under the guise of greeting new people, neato! Well, to be on topic, greetings to all new members, hopefully you like debating about religion and politics.

On the Naruto forum, one of my first threads was there (and it was promptly closed), and someone left me bad rep saying "way to stupid"

The mods are pretty strict about keeping on topic..... Ooo, a paper bag, where are you going paper bag?! But (well at least NSW) mingles with us and attempts to act like a normal Joe (or is that Mary?!), when he/she/it isn't busting heads.

I abuse ( ) too much.

I can't also help but think this poorly constructive post will lead people to think English isn't my mother tongue...
TheLaughingMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 15:50   Link #1529
seanny
~~~dont' tell me~~~

Send a message via Yahoo to seanny
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
hello seanny, welcome to AA, sit down and we can hear about your troubles.

say "hello i am seanny and i have anime problems"

welcome to the boards! a motley collection of rapscallions and delinquents you will find nowhere else.

oh. and since you are new, the mods wont really be procrustean about the rules, but you should make the size of your font smaller, or decrease your image size. as you are bending the Signature size limits.
i will try to decrease my image size later ! thanks for reminding me ! (^_^)
seanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 05:18   Link #1530
ukanimemike
Love Animes !

Send a message via AIM to ukanimemike Send a message via MSN to ukanimemike Send a message via Yahoo to ukanimemike
Hello everyone ,

I am new into this forum so i will just introduce myself a bit here......

First, it's nice meeting you all here and i am really glad that I am able to be in this forum, it's the best anime forum I know of compare to all others. I am Mike from UK, I been watching anime since i am very small however, I started to like Anime again few months ago.

It's very few anime fan in UK so I decide to join forum to meet you guys from all over the world. I have been trying to find anime clubs in UK but very few available , we don't have Anime Con that as good as in US or other country.....

My favour anime atm are "chobits" and I also love Naruto as well. Thanks very much again.....

Mike
ukanimemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 05:58   Link #1531
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukanimemike
It's very few anime fan in UK so I decide to join forum to meet you guys from all over the world. I have been trying to find anime clubs in UK but very few available , we don't have Anime Con that as good as in US or other country.....
Welcome.

Universities are the best places to look for Anime Clubs. Have a look at Anime.org.uk for their list of clubs (my club is on the second page of the list).

BTW, you sig is over limit (see the forum rules and this post), you better fix it before a certain Mod comes along and removes it for you
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 20:59   Link #1532
ukanimemike
Love Animes !

Send a message via AIM to ukanimemike Send a message via MSN to ukanimemike Send a message via Yahoo to ukanimemike
Thank you so much for helping me out here, I have removed my signature and now making a new one with the right size. So which club it's your club, may be i can join your club.... but i wonder how far is my place to your place....

Also, is it still ok if i am not a University student to join a University club ?

Thanks soo much for your help again ......

Mike
ukanimemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 22:55   Link #1533
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Thank you so much for helping me out here, I have removed my signature and now making a new one with the right size. So which club it's your club, may be i can join your club.... but i wonder how far is my place to your place....

Also, is it still ok if i am not a University student to join a University club ?

Thanks soo much for your help again ......

Mike
Well if its not i would be damn right pissed put it that way.

Oh and welcome.

P.S feel privileged at the fact that Xris gave you a chance to amend your own mistake.

He's a cool guy but also a Terminator when it comes to sigs.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots

Last edited by Shay; 2004-11-21 at 10:40.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 11:26   Link #1534
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
Sup im elniro

I also live in London,UK. And the anime situation here is very crap.
Anyway my fav anime is full metal panic! and full metal panic?fumoffu
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 11:52   Link #1535
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:

Most Uni. clubs allow non-students to join, that's certainly the case with the Reading club (which is the one I help run). I wonder how many people wonder what this "reading club" is about Reading (pronounced "Redding") is a large town in Berkshire, England.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elniro
Sup im elniro

I also live in London,UK. And the anime situation here is very crap.
Anyway my fav anime is full metal panic! and full metal panic?fumoffu
Welcome to another U.K. forumite. Someone else who should take note of the sig limits (see my comments a few posts back)
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 14:41   Link #1536
elniro

Yea i read them before i put up the sig, my sig is 500 width by 150 height, and its 38.4kb, and i think thats under 30,000 bytes. If theres still sumthin wrong plz tell me what it is so i can fix it
Old 2004-11-21, 14:51   Link #1537
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Yea i read them before i put up the sig, my sig is 500 width by 150 height, and its 38.4kb, and i think thats under 30,000 bytes. If theres still sumthin wrong plz tell me what it is so i can fix it
actually 1024 byte = 1 kb if I'm not mistaken, so at 38.4 kb your sig has 39322 bytes
I'd say reduce the size or quality a bit and you'll be fine. Don't take the sig warning personal the mods just wanna keep the forum user friendly for those who have a 56k connection.

PS Welcome to the forums
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 15:00   Link #1538
elniro

thanks

the stupid google info page sed 1kb equals 124bytes.
I tried reducing quality further than it was but the colours really got rubbish, lol. So i just removed it, ill make a new sig which meets requirements
Old 2004-11-21, 15:05   Link #1539
DakeDesu
Generally Confused

jAppi's older sister coming to the board

Hi, I guess I am new here. JAppi suggested I come here sometime ago--I think it has been a year. The only problem was, I didn't have a computer that could handle showing anime (and not have its harddrive overfill without resorting to using a LiveCD)

Now, the main reason I am hear is because I have quite heavily gotten out of the Anime Loop. Last time I was in it, Gundam Seed wasn't licensed yet... now it is on Canadian Television. So, I figured the only way I can really get back into the Anime Loop is to check out these forums, which jAppi told me to join.

Also, yes, I checked out jAppi's profile, and well, am worried what some might think of me, being his older sister...
1) I am not as much of an arsehole as him. If anything, the label you can apply to me is "spammer." Though, I am getting help, and hope to one day, stop the spam. Remember, friends don't let friends spam. Spam is bad--and all that.

(Also there has been a troll going around with a stolen version of my name. If the person calling themselves 'DakeDesu' starts chanting "Blowtorch! Blowtorch! Blowtorch!" I mean on a more regular basis that this post alone, that person is the troll)

2) I will defend jAppi and say he is not a pedophile. In fact, jAppi is kind of jailbait himself (only being seventeen and all). So the fact that he finds other jailbait as hot, and not old bears seems to make more sense than the alternative.

-=-

Think of this like the sequal to a Disney movie where the sibling of the enemy was defeated, and the other sibling must now gain revenge. Actually, no... scrap that.

(Post might seem to have more about Jappi than me, but I am more using it to defend myself)

Anything more about me? Well, nothing you won't soon figure out, if I start posting here.

So, I am now off to lurch around the background and get a feel for these forums... also find out what passes for decent anime these days
DakeDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 15:07   Link #1540
DakeDesu
Generally Confused

Quote:
thanks

the stupid google info page sed 1kb equals 124bytes.
I tried reducing quality further than it was but the colours really got rubbish, lol. So i just removed it, ill make a new sig which meets requirements
Yep, 1024.... or 2 to the tenth power.
DakeDesu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introduction, new members