AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Old 2012-01-26, 17:29   Link #1
NeoSam

New manga/anime/light novel magazines, comic imprints, light novel labels, and more..

As I mentioned here, the new announced series of threads continues with this one

This thread is for the announcement of new upcoming Japanese manga magazines, manga anthologies, anime magazines, bishoujo gaming magazines, BL gaming magazines, Web & digital manga/light novel magazines, Web and digital manga/light novel sites, Mobile manga/light novel sites.

This is not a thread for mentioning/announcing upcoming Japanese manga and light novel volumes, there's already a thread for this: New Japanese Releases (manga and light novels).

Why start this kind of thread now and not years ago? well, its lots of hard work, even much much more harder that keeping up with new anime announcements..., just keep up with this thread, and you might go like this after a while

Thread rules:

==============================================

* Only mention new upcoming manga/anime/light novel magazines and anthologies (read second rule about anthologies), comic imprints, light novel labels, bishoujo gaming magazines, BL gaming magazines, Web & digital manga/light novel magazines, Web and digital manga/light novel sites, Mobile manga/light novel sites.

* For manga/light novel anthologies, please only mention those that are ongoing anthologies, since there are lots of anthologies that are 1 issue only anthologies (they aren't continued for a second issue), you can only mention anthologies that are ongoing (runs for at least 2 issues), if you are not sure if an anthology will continue for at least another issue, please wait till the second issue is announced to announce/mention it here.

* For web/digital manga magazine/sites, please announce upcoming new sites that will start publishing/issuing web/digital manga volumes and/or web/digital manga magazines. In other words don't come here to post something like "ahh ebookjapan sells digital manga", OMG I know that it sells e-books versions of already released manga volumes No this isn't the idea of new web & digital manga magazines, something along the lines of Age Premium and Web Comic Gekkin, applies here. The same principle applies with mobile manga sites (don't mention mobile manga sites that serve already released manga tankoubon for the mobile).

* Manga/light novel mooks are also acceptable

* Don't mention upcoming releases of manga and light novel volumes, there's already a thread for this: New Japanese Releases (manga and light novels)

* If the content of a magazine/anthology/imprint/label/webcomic/e-book (in other words of any of the above mentioned announcements) is an adult content, please mention so in the first line of your post in bold (something along the lines: "This post contains adult content/links").

==============================================

This mini-thread project, whcih I mentioned here, is more like a major kick-ass project

Being a ComiPedian myself, I have to keep up with such news, and I thought it could also be fun to inform the people in this forum about them.

Such a thread for trying to keep up with manga magazines has a long history for me, and it goes back to a thread in manganews, continues in ComiPress, and now also jumps to this forum.

Anyway, hopefully you'll like this thread as I am happy to finally start it in this forum
Old 2012-02-07, 16:24   Link #2
NeoSam

A new visual bishoujo character magazine that's titled "Otona no Moeoh" is scheduled to start on March 26th, 2012.

Target audience: seinen

I'll post about it when its cover and/or site opens...
Old 2012-02-08, 18:59   Link #3
NeoSam

This post contains adult content/links.

Akane Shinsha will start publishing a new adult shota manga magazine that's aimed at males, the magazine is titled Koushoku Shounen. First issue will be released on February 25th, 2012.

Cover of the first issue is available on its official site: (NSFW, be careful, not safe for work)

Old 2012-09-10, 12:02   Link #4
NeoSam

There seems to be an upcoming new light novel label, which will start at the end of September, and called "Hero Bunko".

One of the works will be illustrated by Ayakura Juu (the illustrator of the "Spice and Wolf" light novel series):
Popular Novels of "Shousetsuka ni Narou" to be Published in Paper Format
Old 2013-08-20, 06:38   Link #5
larethian

Strange, this is old news but I just realized that Overlap Bunko was never mentioned. Apparently, it was formed by the 'dissidents' of MF Bunko (talking about the brass here, and not Izuru).

http://over-lap.co.jp/
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 06:57   Link #6
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Strange, this is old news but I just realized that Overlap Bunko was never mentioned. Apparently, it was formed by the 'dissidents' of MF Bunko (talking about the brass here, and not Izuru).

http://over-lap.co.jp/
Dissidents of MF Bunko? If at all possible, could you provide further details to this entire issue?
Old 2013-08-20, 07:13   Link #7
larethian

Hmm, dissidents may be the wrong word and potentially misleading. Let's just say that 3 employees of MF left MF and created Overlap. The timing of that and the decision to have IS in its lineup just threw up some questions in my head, that's all. Nothing concrete. Please disregard the word i used unintentionally. This is not a rumor thread after all.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 07:35   Link #8
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

No problem there. At the least, I thought it was something along the likes of former MF Bunko employees who were exasperated at MF's excessive focus on fanservice.
Old 2013-08-20, 23:23   Link #9
n0m@n
C-Z

This is just hilarious.
https://twitter.com/yuukamiya68/stat...997120/photo/1
Old 2013-08-26, 16:59   Link #10
Zefyris
図書館狼

Lol, what a joke... I would be sad to see a series I like being interupted in my country for such nonsense ;/
Old 2013-08-26, 23:22   Link #11
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Quote:
ノーゲーム・ノーライフ中国語版、出版中止の理由が凄すぎて、笑いすぎでお腹が痛い。
exactly my opinion, i can't even believe it was possible for it to stop like that
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 03:52   Link #12
n0m@n
C-Z

There's a sub-branch for MF Bunko J now. Its called MF Books, aimed for older audiences. The first few books came out last month, though I haven't bought any yet. It also seems like Fujimi Fantasia Shobo will be making a similar branch for older readers in the future. Looks like the publishers also want to target older audience now.

Also here's some photo of LN authors. Its not rare to find actual photo of English novel writers, but not many LN author has their face revealed. Well, except Gatou.
Spoiler for Your Authors:

First Pic:
Left) Tachibana Koushi(Author of DAL)
Right) Kanzaka Hajime(Author of Slayers)

Second Pic:
Left) Kimura Shinichi (Author of Korezon)
Right) Gatou Shouji (Author of FMP)
Old 2013-09-03, 05:56   Link #13
dragon1412

Quote:
There's a sub-branch for MF Bunko J now. Its called MF Books, aimed for older audiences. The first few books came out last month, though I haven't bought any yet. It also seems like Fujimi Fantasia Shobo will be making a similar branch for older readers in the future. Looks like the publishers also want to target older audience now.

Also here's some photo of LN authors. Its not rare to find actual photo of English novel writers, but not many LN author has their face revealed. Well, except Gatou.
Spoiler for Your Authors:

First Pic:
Left) Tachibana Koushi(Author of DAL)
Right) Kanzaka Hajime(Author of Slayers)

Second Pic:
Left) Kimura Shinichi (Author of Korezon)
Right) Gatou Shouji (Author of FMP)
leave aside FMP and DAL, it's quite shocking to see the author of Slayers in person, he seem young compare to that series.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 06:21   Link #14
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
leave aside FMP and DAL, it's quite shocking to see the author of Slayers in person, he seem young compare to that series.
My reaction as well. Maybe he wrote it when he was still young?
Old 2013-09-10, 06:32   Link #15
n0m@n
C-Z

By the way, Fujimi Shobo usually releases one whole volume of a certain LN in their site where you could read it for free.
Here's this month one. It will be taken down after 7 days though.
http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/sp/201304burgund/limited/
Old 2013-09-14, 13:58   Link #16
All Fiction

Quote:
So, it's kinda like Media Works Bunko?
Old 2013-12-22, 16:33   Link #17
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
So, it's kinda like Media Works Bunko?
Don't think that's that much.. the PV for bunko creation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xazalbe5YRg
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 16:44   Link #18
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
Lol, what a joke... I would be sad to see a series I like being interupted in my country for such nonsense ;/
The actual situation there is a bit more complicated, like:

1. The novel is translated and available in Chinese language already, via Taiwan publisher. People could also buy that via book store or online shops (just that each book would cost them like 10-13USD instead of 2-3)
Free fans translation matching japanese release speed also available online
2. No words from government official on that, just the decision by Kadokawa's local branches, judging from the sociopolitical environment.

So the biggest impact in the event is that they would need to pay more to get books...
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 18:30   Link #19
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
1. The novel is translated and available in Chinese language already, via Taiwan publisher. People could also buy that via book store or online shops (just that each book would cost them like 10-13USD instead of 2-3)
Free fans translation matching japanese release speed also available online
2. No words from government official on that, just the decision by Kadokawa's local branches, judging from the sociopolitical environment.
??????????
Old 2013-12-22, 19:19   Link #20
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

If they are banning LaNobe's for such a stupid reason, than Mahouka would be joining that rank eventually....

I don't even know how they can run their country with such sensitivity.

No offence intended to Chinese people!

Tags
anthologies, imprints, labels, magazines