AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-09, 01:50   Link #10141
Pen3

My JgTiger is doing better than i though so far. Also getting close to my fake 55%!
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 01:54   Link #10142
Sumeragi
Banned

Pen3, you on? Want to do a Jagdtiger platoon with you.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 02:50   Link #10143
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Those are placeholders. In fact, from what I know the Tier VI TD is named Sturmpanzer IV.

you might be correct there I guess.

Got a good game today, havent met any afk noobs in all matches. I managed to kill 3 tanks today with my M8A1 and I`m back to TD mode A fellow Filipino player showed me his replay in the forum. He`s good in using his T110E3 and he managed to kill 6 tanks with it!

Any tip on how to use properly play the T40? I feel a bit downed when I used that compared to M8A1. I feel comfortable because of the turret.

The match I had in The Siegfried Line using Kv-1 is described as pawnage. Many players tried to shot me but none penentrated, I managed to kill 6 of them getting a Top Gun

Where can I find english translated XVM? Please send me a link[I need to replace my JOVES soon], I dont understand Russian language
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 09:28   Link #10144
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
So after the reformat, trying to get stuff up and running again, including World of Tanks. Had to do a full uninstall and reinstall, and it took almost 2 days to get to 100% on the client... Then said client suffers an error in installing the updates, and forces me to get the 8.7 to 8.8 client update manually. Ugh.
Old 2013-10-09, 09:56   Link #10145
Gravitas Free Zone

I had to wipe my user settings and database to get the new version of WoT Statistics working. Rebuilding all of my charts is going to annoy me.

Meanwhile... I got through the M5A1 Stuart in 24 hours, 22 games with a 68% win rate. And it's sold. No more Tier 4 scouting, ever again. Though they'll probably make me do it again for the Japanese tree. Lost the final game, but managed to get 150 points of damage on a TOG for the kill shot.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 11:36   Link #10146
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
Any tip on how to use properly play the T40? I feel a bit downed when I used that compared to M8A1. I feel comfortable because of the turret.
From what I remember from playing it way back was to use the 76mm M1A1 AT rather than the derp (as fun as it can be) as its more reliable with a good rof and pen, especially when fitted with a rammer.

The T40 can sometimes bounce shots from the front if you angle it well by making use of its decent gun travel but generally its a pretty thin skinned tank so your going to want to stay well back.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 11:54   Link #10147
Gravitas Free Zone

My T40 streak over the weekend was with the 76mm M1A1, rammer, binos (this plus 400-meter base view range is truly wonderful), camo net. The gun arc is wiiiiiiiide enough that while it's not a turret, the TD doesn't have to move very much (just remember not to get artied). It's not as flimsy as the M8A1, but since it is larger and slower, it is best to be hull-down in second line or rear. Most any bit of vertical cover can be used for protection—peek up in sniper mode so that the pipper is just able to see the target, shoot, drop back down.

Having now run the entire set of American TDs from tiers 4-6, the benefit of the slower ones (T40, Wolverine, Jackson) is that it is much harder for me to go dashing off into danger like I would with the M8A1, T49, or Hellcat. It's also harder to escape, of course, but with the slower ones I can trundle out to a position that either covers the lemming rush or covers THE SIDE THAT THE ENTIRE TEAM FORGOT ABOUT.

EDITED TO ADD:

Stats for things you'll be able to see tomorrow in Common Test. (8.9 German TDs)

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-10-09 at 15:43.
Old 2013-10-09, 15:49   Link #10148
Blaat

Well I already installed the 8.9 test server, so if anyone wants to try out a Chi Nu Kai platoon or 7 man company tomorrow I'm in.

Last edited by Blaat; 2013-10-09 at 16:01.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 19:00   Link #10149
Gravitas Free Zone

There's always time for a little Rossini.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-10-09, 22:14   Link #10150
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Well, I have not played great today but I did manage to kill one of those pros for a free 150 gold so it's not a total loss. Sadly his presence in the game turned the rest of my team into even bigger idiots and a huge group of them suicide rushed him so the match was still a loss.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 22:33   Link #10151
Gravitas Free Zone

That's how the Sheriff encounters would go when these things were still referred to as such (though in that case they were WGA employees). It was usually safer to have them on your team, even if you couldn't collect the bounty. And at least they make sure to discourage TKs now.
Old 2013-10-10, 06:35   Link #10152
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
From what I remember from playing it way back was to use the 76mm M1A1 AT rather than the derp (as fun as it can be) as its more reliable with a good rof and pen, especially when fitted with a rammer.

The T40 can sometimes bounce shots from the front if you angle it well by making use of its decent gun travel but generally its a pretty thin skinned tank so your going to want to stay well back.
Thank you for telling that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
My T40 streak over the weekend was with the 76mm M1A1, rammer, binos (this plus 400-meter base view range is truly wonderful), camo net. The gun arc is wiiiiiiiide enough that while it's not a turret, the TD doesn't have to move very much (just remember not to get artied). It's not as flimsy as the M8A1, but since it is larger and slower, it is best to be hull-down in second line or rear. Most any bit of vertical cover can be used for protection—peek up in sniper mode so that the pipper is just able to see the target, shoot, drop back down.

Having now run the entire set of American TDs from tiers 4-6, the benefit of the slower ones (T40, Wolverine, Jackson) is that it is much harder for me to go dashing off into danger like I would with the M8A1, T49, or Hellcat. It's also harder to escape, of course, but with the slower ones I can trundle out to a position that either covers the lemming rush or covers THE SIDE THAT THE ENTIRE TEAM FORGOT ABOUT.

EDITED TO ADD:

Stats for things you'll be able to see tomorrow in Common Test. (8.9 German TDs)
Wow a glass cannon? That`s definitely my style lol. I havent seen the test server for Asia though.

Today, I managed to kill 5 enemy tanks with my M8A1, getting a 1st class mastery badge and by luck, I managed to kill a IS with my KV-1

If only I`m on sem break, I could have gotten a tier 6 tank I think because of the bonus mission w/ 1 day Premium reward. I got like 514k credits from that premium(Maybe I`ll pour some gold once that daily mission expires.
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 08:51   Link #10153
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Well I already installed the 8.9 test server, so if anyone wants to try out a Chi Nu Kai platoon or 7 man company tomorrow I'm in.
Should be on today also, I want to test out the new soviet medium line.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 09:05   Link #10154
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Finally gotten into the game again, and reinstalled all the relevant mods I need (this time I went with Sela's modpack + GUP Crew and music). Problem is, the ping seems to be TERRIBLE tonight -- I was getting 250+ ping West, and East was pretty much unplayable. Add the usual playerbase quality West, then you can say the night has NOT been kind to me.

Oh, and WOTStatistics seems to be borked no matter how many re-installs I do. >_>
Old 2013-10-10, 09:36   Link #10155
Gravitas Free Zone

I got WoT Statistics working after deleting my profiles... I say "working" because it still took a number of tries for it to start working properly. The new automatic sessions feature seems to be buggy. (I also had to turn it on and manually start a new session before the front page would give me any running delta figures.)
Old 2013-10-10, 10:17   Link #10156
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I rebought the KV-2. The key to delivering obscene amounts of damage that I didn't take advantage of when I played it before is to aim at weak spots (<86mm armor) whenever possible. When I used to play the KV-2, I'd just point my gun at the enemy and fire, satisfied if I merely hit them anywhere. Now I sometimes wait for them to expose their sides. One amusing moment was in El Halluf when an enemy T-34-3 drove down the valley to take out one of our scouts. I waited for him to stay still for a second, then penned him in the side for 1050 damage.

Of course, the KV-2's not versatile, so it's not something I'd spam the TCs with, but it can fulfill a helpful niche role, maybe even for the upcoming 7/42 battles.

Last edited by Tempester; 2013-10-10 at 10:29.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 10:29   Link #10157
Gravitas Free Zone

I finally noticed (not having bothered with the KV-2 in a while) that the HEAT went away and was replaced with a premium AP round of unremarkable (136mm average) penetration. That would have some utility for weak spots, but considering the reload time, I'd probably end up sticking with HE.

I didn't even use HEAT when I had the KV-2 the first time, the HE was more reliable.

Meanwhile... had a game on El Halluf where five players on my team produced each produced an astounding zero damage. Our heavies were making their way up along the usual route, while our base was... ehhhhh. I ended up defending the base in my T49, the highlights of which included penetrating a VK3002M ten times while it tried to climb the east side of the A3 hill ramp, and surviving a ramming attack on an AT 2 before shooting it in the cupola for the kill. I didn't plan on ramming it, it's just... very wide. With that out of the way, I was able to go across the map to help cap.

Edited to add:

This weekend's event:

STILL NO CREW RETRAINING SALE.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-10-10 at 12:31.
Old 2013-10-10, 14:15   Link #10158
Sumeragi
Banned

We had crew retraining about two~three weeks ago.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 14:47   Link #10159
Gravitas Free Zone

Just over a month... it was Slow and Steady Weekend. A month before that, it was the 15th Anniversary Special. And before that, the Fourth of July Weekend. So it's about time...
Old 2013-10-10, 14:50   Link #10160
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

crew double huh. I guess is time for me to go back :/

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks