Notices

Old 2010-02-15, 22:35   Link #61
john_kun
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Hell is a lie there is no such thing
you said the same thing in heaves forum

if everything is lie you must be the only one knowing the truth. so tell me the truth than
john_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 23:00   Link #62
cheppa

well, isn't 'Hell' created by the Catholic/Christian bible? it's suposed to represent a land, in the after life, full of constant misery and pain. but, eye like to believe there is no such thing as such a depressing place, eye wish that everyone could be happy and not have to go somewhere such as there!
cheppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 23:03   Link #63
john_kun
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheppa View Post
well, isn't 'Hell' created by the Catholic/Christian bible? it's supposed to represent a land, in the after life, full of constant misery and pain. but, eye like to believe there is no such thing as such a depressing place, eye wish that everyone could be happy and not have to go somewhere such as there!
haha indeed would not that be a good thing. instead of getting wasted and go to hell we should just be happy at what we got.

that is smartest post this far. I'm gonna give you rep kid.

simple as that just like your post .

Ahh I wish I was that young and was thinking this simple. I mean that would not create any problems at all. You just live your life and do the best you can out of the situation.
Old 2010-02-15, 23:06   Link #64
cheppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_kun View Post
haha indeed would not that be a good thing. instead of getting wasted and go to hell we should just be happy at what we got.

that is smartest post this far. I'm gonna give you rep kid.

simple as that just like your post .

Ahh I wish I was that young and was thinking this simple. I mean that would not create any problems at all. You just live your life and do the best you can out of the situation.
!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, MISTER! *hugs* you're my first friend on this forum! eheehe!!
cheppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 23:34   Link #65
john_kun
Banned

Quote:
!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, MISTER! *hugs* you're my first friend on this forum! eheehe!!
haha yeah I know. well I guess I just have no problem making friends quick. it's just that sometimes I'm to lazy too or other people are to lazy but if we are both cool i can make friends really fast. That is my attitude now way days. have a lot of nice friends .

hehe no need to call me mister. Just call me John . oh and we should not chat here. that is why they invented pms so lets use them
Old 2010-02-15, 23:39   Link #66
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
well, isn't 'Hell' created by the Catholic/Christian bible? it's suposed to represent a land, in the after life, full of constant misery and pain. but, eye like to believe there is no such thing as such a depressing place, eye wish that everyone could be happy and not have to go somewhere such as there!
You should google "hell" and visit Wikipedia.... maybe a few religious dictionary sites. Many religions have some sort of "bad place" or "bleh" place to encourage nicer behavior. "Hell" is actually rarely mentioned in the bible... it is pretty much stapled on and didn't really gather steam until the Roman Empire co-opted the belief system to use in their imperial expansion. There's a lot of similarity to Greek, Norse, Germanic, and Kelt visions of an underworld.

As I said earlier in the thread, the name "hell" comes from Norse mythology. Even folk Buddhism in various lands incorporates a sort of 'hell' (which doesn't exist at all in the core philosophy) which one might visit in the reincarnation cycle.
Old 2010-02-16, 01:50   Link #67
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Quote:
Depends on how far back you want to go. The whole "If you don't do X you will receive punishment in the afterlife" concept is as old as the first charlatan. It can be found in the religion of ancient Egypt among many other ancient beliefs.

The threat of hell for not having faith in the Christian Bible is just the new Ad-Baculum v3.8. There were many similar threats before it.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 02:28   Link #68
Lio
Presence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I definitely believe there is an afterlife. I have a grandmother who passed away and she has reached out to the family and has done so to let us know she is still alive and that there is an afterlife. She has reached out in very explicit and clear ways that leave no doubt that she is interacting with us from the other side. I assure people that there is an afterlife.
Well now I'm curious. How did she reach out to you, and how did you know?
(Might be a bit off topic, and I'm taking a guess that she's not in hell)
Lio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 12:43   Link #69
john_kun
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio View Post
she is a ghost most likely.

One of those people who have unfinished business on earth.

if she was in hell or heaven I doubt you could contact her
Old 2010-02-16, 22:39   Link #70
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio View Post
Well, I suppose I'll share some things. I hope that what I'll share won't spark any debates. I hope that doesn't come about. I hope what I'll share will make a positive impact on some reading. I'm a bit hesitant to share some of these things, but I think that there are many mature people at this forum and that things will be fine. What I don't want, and I'm sure no one wants, is the kind of debates you see in religious threads on boards, so please, I hope things don't turn into some big, stupid debate.

I'll tell of two accounts. In one incident, my grandfather, aunt, and uncle were at the grave site of my Grandmother on Christmas day. They put some flowers down and took a picture of the tombstone, where it read her inscription. Two pictures came out totally normal, but the third one was seemingly glitched. Turns out that if you look at the picture in its high resolution on a PC monitor (it was taken on a digital camera), you can see religious images. There is a bunch of darkness and strange colors on the pic, but if you look at the pic on a PC monitor, you can see Christian religious images in it. I and many relatives of mine have seen the picture and these religious images in them. On top of that, there was another family there that day visiting the grave site of a lost loved one they had. For this account, I'll use the name Heather. That isn't the name of my Grandmother, but I feel like editing some details to these accounts on public forums. So I'll use the name Heather to refer to my Grandmother. So, this family approached my relatives and asked "Are you related to Heather" and they said yes and then they told them of an account of their own. It was an incredible turn of events. This was a mother and father and a daughter, and the daughter lost her sister.

The sister was physically disabled and suffered a lot in life. She died prematurely in life. This hurt the relatives. There was pain and confusion and the daughter had prayed "why, I wish I knew, why did this have to happen to her". At some point she started getting dreams where a very pleasant woman was telling her "Don't worry, your sister is doing real good right now, and Heather is taking care of her". She'd ask in the dreams "Who is Heather" and she was told "You'll find out about these things soon". She had this dream like two or three more times and she started telling relatives. It turns out that her sister was buried right next to Heather, my Grandmother (again, altered name), and my family met them on the day that that certain picture happened, the one with religious images. Oh yes, also, before my aunt took that picture (it was the last one of three), she said "Please 'Heather', give us a sign". And so we were given two signs that day instead of just one.

On top of this, there have been other things. For example, my Grandfather has woken up with momentos, which were important to him and my Grandmother, on his stomach or chest. Also, my uncle had a dream one night where my Grandmother came to him and said "Don't worry about your sister, she will be alright, she'll have good doctors". He didn't feel this is an ordinary dream, so he called his sister (my aunt) and asked what this dream might mean and she told him that she was just diagnosed with breast cancer, and no one but her spouse knew at this point. Soon the whole family knew of the cancer diagnosis, but also of the message in the dream. Things worried the family, but at the same time, the message in the dream was reassuring, for sure. My aunt is doing great today, and has benefitted well from treatment. There have been some other ways my grandmother reached out to the family. After knowing these things, I definitely would assure people there is an after life. I hope some of what I shared effected some people in a positive way. I want to assure people that when you die, it is indeed possible to reunite with lost loved ones.

I once shared these accounts with a Muslim person, and he shared with me accounts he had about his father. His devout Muslim father passed away and reached out to his family, and we both totally believed each others accounts because we both witnessed phenomenal things.
Old 2010-02-17, 06:23   Link #71
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

In the epic poem Dante wrote, any and all individuals have their own unique and personal hell.

What is hell? You fears, your sorrows, your hatred, gathering up and becoming tangible to the point it makes you insane, deluding you and contaminating your mind.

A personal hell doesn't have to be in the afterlife, it could be while you are alive.

I know what my personal hell is: Whenever I have to put up with my 'fathers' constant bitching and whining. I see no reason to not oblige the fights he is looking for, but I can't win, I never have, and never will. That is a personal hell.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 09:18   Link #72
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
There is nothing to fear but fear itself.
Hell is just what we make it to be in our minds.
The rest is history.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 14:37   Link #73
john_kun
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Cross View Post
In the epic poem Dante wrote, any and all individuals have their own unique and personal hell.

What is hell? You fears, your sorrows, your hatred, gathering up and becoming tangible to the point it makes you insane, deluding you and contaminating your mind.

A personal hell doesn't have to be in the afterlife, it could be while you are alive.

I know what my personal hell is: Whenever I have to put up with my 'fathers' constant bitching and whining. I see no reason to not oblige the fights he is looking for, but I can't win, I never have, and never will. That is a personal hell.
The thing is you instead of wanting to win a war should tell him that you are not on a battle field and you just know better than that. That is harder thing to do but if you do you will realize that fighting something like that never had any purpose in the first place.
Old 2010-04-14, 02:11   Link #74
chichi13

it's where sinners go .. after death .. after the judgement .. place that everybody hates .. a place full of fire .. filled with evils :S
chichi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 00:06   Link #75
Koga NX 1701

Hell is made up by radical Christian and Mormons they tell kids that if you don’t go to church you go to hell. If you steal you go to hell. If you have sex you go to hell. IF you have any kids and you are not marred you go to hell. I don’t know if there is a life after death but you find out when you die but I can tell you this there is no hell.
Koga NX 1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 02:11   Link #76
Max Stirner

I share the sentiments of others on this thread who view Hell as a social construct. This position does not necessarily imply a disbelief in the afterlife or spirtuality in general, but rather the dismissal of Hell as stated by the prevailing and hierarchical religious and political establishments. Hell (as it appears to me) is generally utilized as a conept for reinforcing the social submission of those not in the political elite. For example, a particular religion may use Hell as a vehicle of punishment for non-belief, while nation-states use Hell as a crutch for their legitimacy amongst the citizenry.

From a personal perspective, my definition of Hell is any construct or concept which seeks to infringe upon my ability to act as I choose for the benefit of myself. I am me and anything seperating me from myself is thus hell.
Max Stirner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 07:58   Link #77
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Hell, in my mind, is something humans put themselves through because of insecurity, fear, guilt, etc. It's exactly what you make of it to punish yourself for whatever you perceive as your wrong doing, and it thus becomes a lovely little catch-all threat for anyone who has a doctrine to force on you. All they need to say is 'You'll go to hell' and it will call up your own definition of that in your head.

I believe there is an afterlife, but if there is a 'hell' component to it, it's again something people put themselves through because somewhere inside, they do not love themselves enough to forgive themselves.
Old 2010-06-03, 11:22   Link #78
Lumio
Aiutante Ordinaire

Umm... Human's imagination? I have this believe that things of supernatural or formless origin are all made by human's vast imagination. I don't think such a place or whatever it was called, would exist if nobody believe it. Much like ghosts and other supernatural things, it's human's own imagination and believe that they exist that makes them exist in society.

So in short, hell exist for those that believe it exist. At least, that is so in my opinion.
Lumio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 12:48   Link #79
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Well, I don't really believe in a specific place called hell, but I usually use it to describe something so bad, that one can't even imagine it.
Old 2010-06-03, 23:01   Link #80
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
All I know is, my Corvette buddies are saving a seat for me for when my time comes(I'm one of the youngest in the group by 10-20 years). Since I don't think I'll make it into Heaven.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote