Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-10-16, 14:02   Link #4361
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanonRap View Post
No, it was a pretty literal "demon" (妖怪) though that translation isn't a good choice considering the actual demons are called differently (悪魔). "Phantom" or "spectre" would be closer.
Wonder why cnet didn't go with phantom or spectre? Either of those sounds more exact than demon.
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 18:50   Link #4362
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

I retract my earlier suspicion from Arika, this chapter essentially gave her a character. (I don't trust people when I don't know their goals/motivation.) She reminds me quite a bit of Setsuna before the Kyoto arc. I'm still waiting till we get to the part where they explain things, but at least we're getting there, right?

The only real information I got from this is that Arika knew that she was going to be hated, meaning she took action knowing full well the consequences of those actions. (As opposed to being framed, which was one of my theories.) Still, now that the world is saved, what does she do that earns her the nickname "Queen of Calamity"? I can understand her doing something unethical to save her country/world, but if it's already saved, couldn't she just sit back and live happily ever after? (Or at least have Nagi take her on a date?)
Old 2009-10-17, 03:42   Link #4363
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

She destroyed her country to save the world. In addition, she may have been framed for the whole mess afterwards.

In the latest chapter, she'd already caused the fall of the floating islands - they just haven't fallen yet.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 07:50   Link #4364
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurush View Post
May I point out that if he was a vampire, where would his fangs be? In all the close ups we have seen of him, there are no fangs on him, as is with Eva on the other hand when she is powered up.

That alone should kill off any idea of Zect being a vampire. Plus, he faded away much like Von Herrman did. So my own bets is that he's a demon.
Well we see Eva-chan fangs at those times because when she's all out she had to do some evil laughts, which make her open the mouth wide.

Anyway that is just something I think it would be interesting. The only thing that seems certain is that he isn't a human. And the point I want to raise is that, regardless of him being or not a demon, Rakan calling him an old demon (and by what others said here it may not even be the better translation) was only a way to say he is very old.
Old 2009-10-17, 09:24   Link #4365
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Well we see Eva-chan fangs at those times because when she's all out she had to do some evil laughts, which make her open the mouth wide.

Anyway that is just something I think it would be interesting. The only thing that seems certain is that he isn't a human. And the point I want to raise is that, regardless of him being or not a demon, Rakan calling him an old demon (and by what others said here it may not even be the better translation) was only a way to say he is very old.
Still, the fact that Zect and the Mage of the Beginning used the same creepy font when speaking (well, at least those of us who saw the RAWs and certain scans know) could be some kind of hint as well.

But like you said, the only certain thing is that we definitely know is that he is/wasn't? human.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 22:08   Link #4366
orangejuicetang

Well, could the mage of the beginning have possessed him as a last ditch move? Just a wild theory that could answer some of the questions.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 06:26   Link #4367
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
If i'm not mistaken it's the same senator that help Negi and Kotaro train to fight Rakan.
Thanks for telling me =)
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 18:10   Link #4368
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Still I wonder who will win Fate or Rakan? is it possible that Fate has grown stronger than Rakan?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 19:29   Link #4369
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Still I wonder who will win Fate or Rakan? is it possible that Fate has grown stronger than Rakan?
I'm going to go with HELL NO. Even if Jack lost, he would decide he didn't, and win. Or something.

Comon, the guy blows up mountains by accident.
Old 2009-10-22, 20:35   Link #4370
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Some are saying Fate will lose to Rakan.

But Rakan will lose to Asuna.
Old 2009-10-22, 22:02   Link #4371
orangejuicetang

But... Rakan doesn't really use magic... Negi using Asuna's magic cancel artifact didn't really help him much. Unless Asuna gets suddenly alot more powerful with her memories back or something.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 04:20   Link #4372
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I suspect Asuna is going too become alot more powerful than she was before, because its possible that Asuna was the major source of why the Mage of beginning was born. And one of the problems that made the islands in the skys fall too the ground.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 07:19   Link #4373
kwendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I suspect Asuna is going too become alot more powerful than she was before, because its possible that Asuna was the major source of why the Mage of beginning was born. And one of the problems that made the islands in the skys fall too the ground.
Asuna'll be called "mother of the beginning"?
Well, she has power of Vespertatia royality and the ability to cancel the existance of whole magic world. Pretty.
Old 2009-10-23, 07:29   Link #4374
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Well, regarding Asuna...

Anyone else think she's not really a part of the Vespertatia family... but that she's really some sort of constructed magical/anti-magical human weapon?

Makes sense right? She has all those abilities (physical and magical). And from what we've seen... she hasn't exactly been treated well (seriously, do you put a princess in a chained collar?)...

Oh, and it would be a prefect excuse for a Negi x Asuna ending by getting rid of any close blood relation.
Old 2009-10-23, 11:34   Link #4375
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

sorry to say but that theory sounds like clutching straws to keep a ship from sinking
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 13:40   Link #4376
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
But... Rakan doesn't really use magic... Negi using Asuna's magic cancel artifact didn't really help him much. Unless Asuna gets suddenly alot more powerful with her memories back or something.
That's the idea. It's very possible since Asuna's potential has been foreshadowed enough times already. Mahora Budokai, her Kankahou, her abnormal development. Setsuna's comment about Asuna to likely become the most powerful is something to think about. Ken is hinting big time.

Although Rakan don't normally rely on magic (he can use western magic, don't forget), qi and mana are essential the same energy/source, so even qi will be canceled. Asuna will have a major advantage with her canceling. Though, Rakan is matchless when it comes to close combat... Well, we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
Well, regarding Asuna...

Anyone else think she's not really a part of the Vespertatia family... but that she's really some sort of constructed magical/anti-magical human weapon?

Makes sense right? She has all those abilities (physical and magical). And from what we've seen... she hasn't exactly been treated well (seriously, do you put a princess in a chained collar?)...

Oh, and it would be a prefect excuse for a Negi x Asuna ending by getting rid of any close blood relation.
It's possible that she is a construct, and it's also possible she might not be. Even if she was one, she'll have Vespertatia blood either way. If magic canceling is an inherent ability that comes about every few generations in the royal bloodline, then she must have Vespertatia blood flowing through her veins.

Magic canceling isn't something that can be produced artificially. <-- Shiori proves this.
Old 2009-10-24, 03:02   Link #4377
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

There's pretty much no freaking way Asuna is ever going to remain permanently stronger than Negi is. Maybe for a time, but not forever. Not since Ken's established this series as mostly a shounen.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 08:12   Link #4378
AstroNerdBoy

Woo!hoo! Spoilers are back, y'all! ^_^

http://astronerdboy.blogspot.com/200...er-images.html

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 10:18   Link #4379
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Woo!hoo! Spoilers are back, y'all! ^_^

http://astronerdboy.blogspot.com/200...er-images.html
Wow that last page... damn you Akamatsu, another week? (well, she has to survive right? to give birth to Negi?)
Old 2009-10-24, 10:59   Link #4380
chaosprophet

Well about that spoiler pic:

Spoiler for ch 268 spoilers pic:

Tags
action, fantasy