AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-05-21, 14:12   Link #161
James Rye

Nobody survive the butt hit! Well, looks like Suiryu lost for the first time. Kinda wanna see him become a hero after all he seems to be already superstrong for an ordinary human. Probably even S class strong. Lower S class that is.
Goketsu looks really strong as well. Then again he still gonna get defeated with one punch if he were to run into Saitama. xD
Old 2019-05-21, 17:01   Link #162
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I don't get the focus of ideals between hero vs. martial artist. Then again, perhaps One put the monster fights in the same story as the tournament to deliver a message as shown in today's fight?
Old 2019-05-21, 18:14   Link #163
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

One butt man.

There were sequences that looked pretty good, and others that looked atrocious. Suiryu was off model pretty much the entire time. The overall result was mostly bad, but they did manage to convey how powerful Suiryu is so that's good.

It was the opposite for Flash. He looked good but you didn't really get the sense he was all that fast.

As for the story, there was too much going on in this episode. The scenes went by super fast.
Old 2019-05-21, 19:07   Link #164
grecefar

If you want to have fun, don't get more stronger - saitama.

wise words since saitama in this season looks more dead than before.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-21, 19:16   Link #165
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
I don't get the focus of ideals between hero vs. martial artist. Then again, perhaps One put the monster fights in the same story as the tournament to deliver a message as shown in today's fight?
It's not about heroes vs martial artists. It's about life and meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
One butt man.

There were sequences that looked pretty good, and others that looked atrocious. Suiryu was off model pretty much the entire time. The overall result was mostly bad, but they did manage to convey how powerful Suiryu is so that's good.

It was the opposite for Flash. He looked good but you didn't really get the sense he was all that fast.

As for the story, there was too much going on in this episode. The scenes went by super fast.
It wasn't even the visuals for me. The background music was just off or completely absent. This is just lazy. Saitama sounds like a completely different person. They haven't changed his voice actor so the incompetency of the director must be infectious.
Old 2019-05-21, 20:43   Link #166
Wandering Soul

Eh, I found the fight satisfying. It established Suiryu's strength while ending how we pretty much expected it to end with some comedy sprinkled in, which is pretty much what we should all expect from Saitama fights.

I get that Flashy Flash' thing is supposed to be speed, but he really doesn't come off as any faster than any other fast character in this series.
Old 2019-05-21, 21:15   Link #167
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. Like the post expresses dislike for the show, but your signature references it as if it's something you like.

Then there's the rather absurd claims such as there being no story. Or that people are apparently being put down for not liking the animation. Or that the animation was the only thing that made it watchable. Using words that imply an objective and absolute fact, rather than a subjective and personal opinion. Not to mention how dramatic you're being about it. With all this absurdity it's hard to tell if you're being serious or not.

========

I loved this episode. Seeing this encounter between Saitama and Garo was something I did not see coming. I loved that. Also the fact that Saitama is so strong that a big mean looking menacing guy just registers to him as a petty mugger is just funny.
Judging from your take on the story of that episode itself which could barely garner 3 measly sentence, I am in the assumption you wouldn't know a story if it fell on your head and knocked you unconscious.

Enjoyed your more-than-3-sentences counter analysis on my take, however. Entertaining stuff.

Anyway, came to say for shitty studio such as JC Staff, this was an unexpectedly fluent episode. Still cumbersome at times with so many different event taking place but at least the quality of the animated movement picked up a little bit. Liked the hip thrust. The obi drop that followed wasn't very glorified but I suppose that's what make our hage-man so cool.

Good episode, this.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-22, 04:06   Link #168
wuhugm
Confused Shark

So much skipping and wrong nuance
Like Amai Mask's concert
and the animation quality is dropping even further
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-22, 04:51   Link #169
MagusFyre

I didnt read the manga but something tells me that the Saitama vs Suiryu fight had a lot of parts missed out... How much was left out, anyone know?

It also makes me wonder if Suiryu > Garo lol
MagusFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-22, 10:56   Link #170
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Judging from your take on the story of that episode itself which could barely garner 3 measly sentence, I am in the assumption you wouldn't know a story if it fell on your head and knocked you unconscious.
Why the need to insult? Can't we just have a normal civilized conversation?

If you are truly honest about not seeing any story, but somebody else sees story... Then why not inquire what it is they see? Or leave it alone, that's also possible. It's this particular response that kinda puzzles me.

As for the episode... It was alright, I suppose. Not a whole lot happened. I did like the One Butt Man part and the jokes though.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-22, 21:42   Link #171
skaianDestiny

Just this panel depicts Flashy's speed way better than the anime.

Images
Flashy Speed
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
skaianDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-25, 10:51   Link #172
eisai_haramasukoi

Damn, I love Pig God. Can't beat them? Eat them.
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-25, 11:02   Link #173
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD3LF0N53 View Post
Damn, I love Pig God. Can't beat them? Eat them.
Not sure who's the real monster here.
Old 2019-05-27, 20:09   Link #174
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Just this panel depicts Flashy's speed way better than the anime.
Of course, Murata's OPM. I feel like someone is bound to say this every episode.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-27, 21:59   Link #175
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Why the need to insult? Can't we just have a normal civilized conversation?
Oh no, he dee-e-innt.

So you marginalize my post to dramatic and reduce my opinion to absurd, but then you're the one who is feeling insulted? Cute. I guess you know how to dish it out but shy away when it comes to receiving.

Quote:
If you are truly honest about not seeing any story, but somebody else sees story... Then why not inquire what it is they see? Or leave it alone, that's also possible. It's this particular response that kinda puzzles me.
Which part of my post did you not understand where I flatly said this show does not have a story. Okay. Let me repeat. This show does not have a story.

It's about a character who has reached the epitome of physical abilities. There is no one above him. So with that premise in mind, the author tries to create scenarios for a possible contender. They hype machine uses canon fodder to highlight a contender of the week before they face Saitama. This show is like watching an ecchi series. I don't watch an ecchi series for the story. Without good direction and animated movement the attractiveness of this show significantly diminishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagusFyre View Post

It also makes me wonder if Suiryu > Garo lol
I give the edge to Suriyu although not sure by how much.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-28, 17:02   Link #176
James Rye

Damn, poor Suiryu. He's easily the strongest normal human you can find on earth, he won against a monsterfied ex-superhuman and even beat a crow monster when already being heavily injured and yet he would have died there in despair if it were not for Saitama.
Watching Suiryu turning from the confident strong fighter into a beaten, bloody mess, nothing but a scared toy for the monsters bullying him was real tough. He went from a handsome and cocky champion into a toothless, broken human who could only crawl away, crying for help, even ripping his own hair out like damn!
That guy really felt true fear for his life right there.
I kinda hope we can see him again, with new teeth and all, but then that he chose to become a hero due Saitama saving him but also Snek and Max showing him what real heroes are all about. Not about strength (though it's better if you are strong) but a desire to help even if it means you are out-classed by a mile.
Old 2019-05-28, 17:03   Link #177
grecefar

the last minutes with suiryu in despair were good, saitama could've kill that monster before the chapter ending ;-;
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-28, 17:56   Link #178
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

When even I notice lazy animation techniques. Still, it kinda feels like this type of story makes more drama whenever Saitama is not around. Then again it kinda feels like what happened to Mumen Rider but different style. I thought Suiryu's story was done last episodes but I feel the writers wanted to feel a lot of despair. Felt quite long but I wonder what's ONE's purpose with the character now that he completely put him in chaos. Still hoping for Garo to return to the story though.
Old 2019-05-28, 18:13   Link #179
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Damn, poor Suiryu. He's easily the strongest normal human you can find on earth
He really isn't. All the human members of the S class except Tanktop Master and Puri Puri Prisoner would kick his ass. Which is like 3 people, but still.
Old 2019-05-28, 18:19   Link #180
James Rye

^That's why I added "normal" to it as I don't really consider S class Heroes "normal" anymore. Well, maybe expect Tanktop and I have a feeling his "tanktop powers" won't be a match against Suiryu's techniques. XD

Tags
action, super hero