Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-11-26, 19:48   Link #41
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper View Post
I don't know... While Setsuna has been fighting Ali for a many years, I don't think it is as a rival. I describing Ali as 'mid-boss' not because he is strong but because he, imo, represents Setsuna's past. It seems that in order to move forward Setsuna must destroy the primary link to his past, Ali. This isn't a rivalry, for Setsuna it is most likely vengence.
well, that's assuming Setsuna actually does move forward as a character. >_<
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 19:58   Link #42
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Dare to dream, dare to dream...
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 20:03   Link #43
Tangerine

Gundam OO Kouga Yun character illustrations:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/10...m00/Pilots.jpg
Judging by her desings---> Lockon is a Seimei (the villain in Loveless)---> Lockon is a Char...
Tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 03:06   Link #44
Ichimaru

I dont think Ali fits it

he reminds me of the desert tiger in SEED, his only there to test setsunas level of competency..is he strong enough to get over his pass......

The darkhorse is Graham, he may not be getting alot of screentime, but his sitting back analyzing every detail with his partner in crime about the Gundams battles...it seems they are workn on something, and i cant wait till he shows us his skills.
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 09:56   Link #45
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
I dont think Ali fits it

he reminds me of the desert tiger in SEED, his only there to test setsunas level of competency..is he strong enough to get over his pass......

The darkhorse is Graham, he may not be getting alot of screentime, but his sitting back analyzing every detail with his partner in crime about the Gundams battles...it seems they are workn on something, and i cant wait till he shows us his skills.
Pardon? During the first few episodes, Graham got more screentime than almost all the Gundam Meisters got out of mobile suits, combined. These last few episodes have seen less of him, but he's still gotten appearances that were completely unneeded (like the flight in the Custom Flag last episode).

Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but these last two, three episodes aside, Graham has gotten an amazing amount of screen time despite being so far removed from CB.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 10:02   Link #46
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I think Graham will just eventually be killed or something. The storyline is pretty much like Wing's.

Besides Marina is a real paedophile to fall in love with Setsuna.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 10:18   Link #47
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I think Graham will just eventually be killed or something. The storyline is pretty much like Wing's.
Ah, but did Zechs die?

I'm waiting to see who kills who, though. Graham's cannon fodder friends are marked to die, probably at Setsuna's hands after Graham has been hit.

Quote:
Besides Marina is a real pedophile to fall in love with Setsuna.
I... hadn't thought of it like that.

Marina, she is a CHAR.
Old 2007-12-03, 23:37   Link #48
Nerroth
NePoi!

"From now on, I shall call you 'Mid-Boss'!"

Hehehe...

I think that Graham is a very different kind of rival to Setsuna, for one very good reason.

Ali is a known (and despised by Setsuna) quantity - he's clearly the kind of person that Setsuna wishes to get rid of, what with the whole terrorism and mercenary war-is-profit thing.

But Graham is more of an ideological challenge.

Graham believes that CB are misguided - and right in the first ep he scoffs at their self-imposed wish to 'use war to end war'.

Maybe it's because he's seen the folly of the Union's own interventionism (which the President himself comments on - well, maybe not the folly part, more the 'We're the Union - being snooty go-gooder interventionists, with a dash of enlightened self-interest, of course, is our job!') or maybe he prefers to see the Union (which, for all its faults, is an association of democratic states, with an elected leader) handle issues like these rather than a self-declared private organisation, but he's as much in the right, if not more so, than CB.

Hell, the series could easily be written from his perspective - having him lead the charge against CB, and going after the terrorists - and it wouldn't look all that different to the way it does now.

So yeah - Graham is the true challenge, because he has the kind of case that CB may find hard to refute.
Old 2007-12-04, 03:41   Link #49
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I think:

Graham would be his main rival, I don't really see him turning over to CB, unless he's really so obsessed with the Gundams that he joins them. His obsession with the Gundams and disagreement with CB would make him a rival.

Sergei is too good to just rival a single person, I see him taking on major battles against CB throughout the series.

Ali would be killed off in sometime for character development.

Tieria would be just a pain in the butt and will be killed by someone else.

Patrick is a one man Team Rocket and will be shot down everytime he gets screen time.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 23:28   Link #50
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Too early to tell, depending on the mood the director is in, some of these characters might bit the dust early and some other guy/gal comes in to replace them, its suppose to be 50 eps so they'll introduce more characters.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 23:34   Link #51
lubczyk

Maybe Setsuna will be the main villain with Tiera as his partner in crime. Kind of how Shinn and Rey ended up as the antagonists in Destiny.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 23:38   Link #52
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
LMAO, so we've already killed and//or murdered Marina??^^ And that person who offs her will be Setsuna's rival?Let's stick to the basics and evaluate his rival based on what's already taken place....After seeing the Raw of last episode I doubt Setsuna would care much about the plight of Marina at this point...I'll watch the sub tonight for more clarification though...
I want to see Setsuna off Marina himself laughing all the while in a self-satisfied sort of way. Setuna is the Rival. All the major powers and CB will have to kill Setsuna!!!!
Old 2007-12-05, 23:40   Link #53
Honey_and_Cleaver

Ali is Setsuna's enemy. Rivalry in the sense where they are in the same strength and same boat. I really think its Tiera. Both have equal sense of duty and striving to be better than the other.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 00:09   Link #54
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Yeah right now it seems Setsuna and Tieria are in rival mode, especially during those ignore-sessions last ep...Graham has been shut-out for the last 3 eps, so he'll have to re-assert himself at some point, but I think he will...
Old 2007-12-06, 02:43   Link #55
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
I... hadn't thought of it like that.

Marina, she is a CHAR.
OMG I just saw a travesty like that of Marina being a CHAR!! My hopes of Marina becoming the strong Queen character that I hope she will be was destroyed by that stupid piece of fanart.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 18:00   Link #56
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
OMG I just saw a travesty like that of Marina being a CHAR!! My hopes of Marina becoming the strong Queen character that I hope she will be was destroyed by that stupid piece of fanart.
How dare you just build up our hopes! Post it! Post it!

Old 2007-12-07, 21:26   Link #57
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
It's too NSFW for this board. And I wasn't able to save it. anyway if it comes up again I'll save it this time....

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 12:59   Link #58
lubczyk

Or how about Marina be Setsuna final rival? Queen Bitch is what she'll be called in the second half of Gundam 00. She'll be the masked woman whom Setsuna will have to defeat after she sleeps with him. Setsuna will be traumatized of having to kill his mother/big sister again!!! BBBWWWWHHHAAAA!!!!