Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
That's basically how Blackbeard described it~
Really? I don't remember that.
Old 2010-12-21, 01:04   Link #222
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

If it was the Yami Yami no Mi then I don't see a reason why it was neccessary to put the black cloak over him. It was obviously done so Oda could keep the process a mystery.

Marco said it was something probably only Blackbeard could do himself. Not to mention Luffy back when he met Blackbeard in Jaya referred to BB in the plural sense. He said "they" instead of "him".

I think Luffy might've already figured out what this oddity with BB is.

I personally have a hypothesis that BB is a conjoined twin and that we can't see his "sibling". We've never seen his bare back, so I have a feeling if this is true there might be a face there.
Old 2010-12-21, 02:14   Link #223
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I personally have a hypothesis that BB is a conjoined twin and that we can't see his "sibling". We've never seen his bare back, so I have a feeling if this is true there might be a face there.
That hypothesis of yours is going to give me nightmares.
Old 2012-12-25, 16:30   Link #224
ellifeedn
Thinker

My this thread is old. So much has happened, but that's all discussed in other threads.

I was re-reading the series and was reading the part where Blackbeard and his crew talk about fate and how everything is run by it. What irked me was how Blackbeard killed his captain/division leader to get the devil fruit. If fate wanted him to get the fruit, he would have found it himself. Since someone else found it first, it means he wasn't fated to get the fruit. By doing what he did, he acted with free will, against his philosophy. Maybe I'm not understanding something here and someone can explain it better.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 21:28   Link #225
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ It's more like Blackbeard was destined to get the darkness fruit despite the fact that he didn't actually find it himself. Even though Thatch found it, it wasn't "meant" for him. So being the opportunist that Blackbeard is, he forcefully took matters into his own hands. Remember, a big part of fate that Blackbeard and his crew refer to is also luck. It was "fate" that Blackbeard and his crew survived Magellan's poison at Impel down, and that's all because Shiliew just happened to be there with the antidote. It's almost as though things are "rigged" for Blackbeard to succeed.
Old 2012-12-25, 21:59   Link #226
ellifeedn
Thinker

I guess that works. But there is something else that bothers me: how Blackbeard and his crew are so readily accepting of fate. One key thing Oda has said was how whenever Luffy defeats an opponent, that bad guy would see his plans crumble and dreams destroyed. If Luffy were to beat Blackbeard, Blackbeard would simply shrug and be "Oh well." If the villain were honorable it would work, but for the biggest villain in the series who has done horrible things it just wouldn't feel right.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 23:39   Link #227
Admiral Momonga

I personally think Blackbeard has the cerberus zoan fruit which is why he has 3 parts to his body and the scar on shanks looks like claws
Admiral Momonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 06:15   Link #228
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

3 parts? please explain? im very interested in your theory
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 13:46   Link #229
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
3 parts? please explain? im very interested in your theory
probably something like this:

BB ate (Mythical?) Zoan Devil Fruit Inu-Inu no mi type Cerberus, granting him 3 heads where each head has its own consciousness/personality, allowing him to eat 2 more devil fruits (in this case Yami Yami no mi and Gura Gura no mi)

this theory doesn't explain how he can extract Gura Gura no mi power from Whitebeard's dead body and why he hid his (cerberus power) though...

and correct me if I'm wrong, IIRC in the end of Merman Island arc, Jinbei said something about BB collecting Devil Fruits power (hence probably suggest that BB has more than 3 DF power atm)
Old 2013-01-11, 16:47   Link #230
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
and correct me if I'm wrong, IIRC in the end of Merman Island arc, Jinbei said something about BB collecting Devil Fruits power (hence probably suggest that BB has more than 3 DF power atm)
Not necessarily. It could be that he's giving those DFs to his crewmates.
Old 2013-01-11, 18:26   Link #231
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Not necessarily. It could be that he's giving those DFs to his crewmates.
That's possible if said crewmates are wanting those DFs. Blackbeard must have hunted down a certain number of Devil Fruit users which is possibly more than how many crewmembers he has currently.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 18:34   Link #232
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
That's possible if said crewmates are wanting those DFs. Blackbeard must have hunted down a certain number of Devil Fruit users which is possibly more than how many crewmembers he has currently.
Don't forget that Blackbeard is looking for exceptionally good DFs. That being said, there shouldn't be too many he's seeking. Quality over quantity is the approach.
Old 2013-01-11, 22:16   Link #233
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

My first thought was that BB's devil fruit power can absorb the "ability" of other fruits and keep them isolated within his own. It would be similar to a pocket dimension made by his darkness. If so he could then apply the fruits ability to whatever area of his body at will and then reabsorb it whenever he wants to stop using/switch the power.

The second was that he seems to have an unexplained ability or essence of his own that can be used in conjunction with the yami-yami. Might explain why he wanted that particular fruit.
Belise is offline   Reply With Quote