AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-10-25, 20:26   Link #1321
Lummie

Regarding the latest chapter nr.23/24, i can confirm the next fact:

Spoiler for Click here for Medaka's father:

*Turning on the serious mode* WTF is wrong with the author, it seems like Zen, Akune and Kikaijima will never appear again while those 3 are actually my favourite characters. It's like the story has become like History's strongest genius where Medaka takes on the Yomi party of 13. It totally turned into a battle genre and i can't manage to understand what the author is thinking. It was so good in the beginning but that author turned it into a reverse harem and changed genre schoollife into a action packed manga. It doesn't make any sense.

Last edited by Lummie; 2009-10-25 at 20:46.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 02:28   Link #1322
Westlo
Lets be reality

Medaka escaped the first cut, should escape the second as well.

Quote:
2009-49 Bottom 5:
Lilienthal
Kuroko
Medaka
Kagijin
Akaboshi (The End)

Jaguar on break

New series info:
2009-50: Neko Wappa
2009-51: By Asou Shuuichi (Author of Yuushagaku)

2009-50
Lead CP (Probably): Neko Wappa (New series)
CP: Kuroko, Gintama (not mentioned, but since it's Gintama month...)
Would be really surprised if Kagijin isn't replaced by whatever Asou Shuuichi ends up doing, Kagijin has been dead last the majority of its ranking period.

lol @ Kuroko getting another color page after hitting the bottom 5, way to reward failure.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 09:35   Link #1323
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Medaka escaped the first cut, should escape the second as well.

Would be really surprised if Kagijin isn't replaced by whatever Asou Shuuichi ends up doing, Kagijin has been dead last the majority of its ranking period.

lol @ Kuroko getting another color page after hitting the bottom 5, way to reward failure.
My question is, what happens when Kagijin and Akaboshi are gone? Will Medaka drop to dead last then? The shift into battle-manga territory didn't seem to help it any.
Old 2009-10-26, 10:13   Link #1324
Homura7

So it seems now it's Zen's turn. Wonder if we will get to wich class he belongs. Special maybe? Or could he be something unique in the schoolcenter? We will see.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 06:40   Link #1325
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Well at least the judo captain is gaining some points, what's "abnormal" about Medaka is not just her power but what's inside her head, and Nabeshima is setting her straight.

And I don't think you are the one to say you hate violence when you just own a little kid a couple of chapters ago, Medaka... we call those hypocrites.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 07:36   Link #1326
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
btw i dont know why ppl call this DBZ route and drawing parallels to that. This manga is an almost exact copy of Kongou Bancho......
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 08:39   Link #1327
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
btw i dont know why ppl call this DBZ route and drawing parallels to that. This manga is an almost exact copy of Kongou Bancho......
Never read Kongou Bancho, so I have to go with what I know. If it's like this, I'll probably never read it. You can keep your overpowered, boring protagonists, thank you very much.
Old 2009-10-27, 12:11   Link #1328
Nvis
Where are the good animes

"pull a Dragonball"?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 13:18   Link #1329
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Never read Kongou Bancho, so I have to go with what I know. If it's like this, I'll probably never read it. You can keep your overpowered, boring protagonists, thank you very much.
Spoiler for fire banchou, flaming dude from medaka:
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 17:10   Link #1330
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Well at least the judo captain is gaining some points, what's "abnormal" about Medaka is not just her power but what's inside her head, and Nabeshima is setting her straight.

And I don't think you are the one to say you hate violence when you just own a little kid a couple of chapters ago, Medaka... we call those hypocrites.
Not really. It's like Nabeshima said - even if you hate violence, when you've gotta, you've gotta. And that "kid" had really gone too far.

What Nabeshima said wasn't that Medaka was hypocritical for using violence in the end, but for using it too late. For hating violence so much she ended up putting off using it till she had to use a much greater quantity than if she'd gone for it at the start of a situation.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 23:01   Link #1331
mammothb

Spoiler for :
mammothb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 23:03   Link #1332
FateAnomaly

If you are looking for romance, i think this is the wrong manga for you.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 23:05   Link #1333
Lummie

^ What's wrong with a having a sparkle of hope for some romance, the manga's genre changed so much, everything is now possible with all the changes lately.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 00:22   Link #1334
Clarste
Human

I don't know why people are talking about Medaka being overpowered and therefore Zen etc being useless now of all times. We just saw an abnormal get owned by a mere special, so clearly they're not all that great. That gives the other characters a chance to keep up and show off the power of hard work etc. Obviously they're not going to beat the final boss, but this chapter conclusively shows that they aren't completely useless.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 00:31   Link #1335
FateAnomaly

Thats because Medeka is a girl. If she is a guy, they will have no problems with it.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 01:23   Link #1336
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Thats because Medeka is a girl. If she is a guy, they will have no problems with it.
Well let me remind you it is a shounen so what else do you expect?

Other shounens that do not have a male hero usually go for fanservice and the males are almost no-existent thus no one is pointing - he should be a hero instead of her.

In medaka you have him being present and he even was main character in the beginning, so no wonder the readers want him being back to center again.

Do not forget that the main character girl is also a god mary-sue, and such characters for your info are not very popular.

So it is not just the question of the genre but general character characteristics as well, and Medaka is certainly less interesting and more boring because she is god among gods.

Even Ryoma from PoT had troubles in his matches to keep the tension, Medaka is just waltzing through most of the conflicts...
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 06:41   Link #1337
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
My question is, what happens when Kagijin and Akaboshi are gone? Will Medaka drop to dead last then? The shift into battle-manga territory didn't seem to help it any.
Who knows it might, Kuroko is going to be in the bottom 5 a lot.. but it's kinda safe... in the mix is the two newest manga titles in Hokenshitsu no Shinigami (7th last in its second ranking) and Kashikoi Ken Lilienthal (4th last in its first ranking) which have gone south a lot quicker than Medaka did in the rankings. As well as the two new series that are coming you also have Wajimania and Ane Doki that could be in the mix for bottom 5 and Pysren (the only real weak link of the established series) will probably dip a few times.

I don't think you guys realize how hard it is for a new series to push up in the rankings atm. Kuroko no Basket which has decent tank sales and has one of the highest color page counts in WSJ this year (11 compared to Bleach's 9 for example..) is in the bottom 5 a lot. 2008 was really good for WSJ.. Bakuman, Toriko, Mago and to a lesser extent Pysren have all established themselves.. the first 3 will definitely get animated. Beelzebub's the only 09 manga to make a splash in rankings, Kuroko is doing good in sales and colors and is a constant bottom 5 title.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 06:53   Link #1338
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I just started reading Medaka box today after a comment on another manga thread about people bitching when it comes down to the fights in MB, but I still get the feeling that it has more of a GTO feel to it, rather than school brawl tournament.
Although I have to say that the very first fight (Unzen's) was unnecessarily violent, I think the rest won't be as much...this is still a school after all~
Quote:
Medaka is just waltzing through most of the conflicts...
I can't see where you got this from, she lost against Unzen since her friends stopped her, and she lost to his sister, having her senpai deal with it instead. She has yet to win a fight on her own, so it has a good level of interesting plot for now...how will she fare in her next solo encounter?
The only part of the manga I hate with a passion is the possibility of Shiranui taking up the role of the main villain, evil lolis get on my nerves amazingly fast. I'd much rather have the attention reset on Medaka box and take up different requests from various people having all sorts of problems, than have it sink into the underground school scheme for world domination.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2009-10-28 at 07:20. Reason: added a bit more
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 08:10   Link #1339
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I can't see where you got this from, she lost against Unzen since her friends stopped her, and she lost to his sister, having her senpai deal with it instead. She has yet to win a fight on her own, so it has a good level of interesting plot for now...how will she fare in her next solo encounter?
Lol, are you serious? She would have beaten to death Unzen if she was not stopped and you call that loosing? She lost to her human side but not the battle itself.

So you win when you get beaten the crap out of you according to you? Following your logic, getting killed would be a ultimate win...

And Unzen sister attacked her suddenly. There was no battle. It's like I would throw a rock at you from behind and run away and then say to everyone that I have beaten you in a duel.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 08:37   Link #1340
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
And Unzen sister attacked her suddenly. There was no battle. It's like I would throw a rock at you from behind and run away and then say to everyone that I have beaten you in a duel.
I don't think that sudden attack would have made any difference to Medaka. She lost only because she naively thought that 'no reason to attack' equals 'no attack'

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council