AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-18, 00:41   Link #41
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

It's sad I might watch this just because of this.

http://www.dragonaut.com/cast.html

カミシナ・ジン:小野大輔     (!)
 トア:茅原実里           (!)
 ギオ:諏訪部順一
 ハウリングスター:杉田智和   (!)
 ジークリンデ・バウムガルド:水樹奈々
 ソウヤ・アキラ:沢城みゆき
 マキナ:後藤邑子       (!)  
 タチバナ・カズキ:柿原徹也
 ウィドー:千葉紗子
 ペイゼル・サカキ:中田譲治
 ガーネット:平野綾     (!)

What the hell?
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 10:20   Link #42
Monkey D. Luffy

I don't know if it's gonzo or not, I might have to check this out.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 10:45   Link #43
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

the preview in the site looked cool, there were also hawt women featured in the pv(and two lolis XD)
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 14:00   Link #44
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casting Confirmed On ANN:

Daisuke (Itsuki Koizumi) Ono as Jin Kamishina

Minori (Yuki Nagato) Chihara as Toa

Eiji Maruyama as Amadeus

Junichi Suwabe as Gio

Miyuki Sawashiro as Akira Souya

Nana (Fate Testarossa) Mizuki as Jacqueline (Gothic Lolita)Baumgold

Saeko Chiba as Widow

Takuma Takewaka as Raina Cromwell

Tetsuya Kakihara as Kazuki Tachibana

Tomokazu [Bland Kyon] Sugita as Howlingstar

Yuko [Mikuru] Goto as Makina

Aya Hirano as Garnet

Chise Nakamura as Megumi Jingūji

Chou as Cyril Georgief

Hozumi Gôda as Kazuga Nozaki

Jouji Nakata as Sakaki Peizel

Mayumi Asano as Yūri Kitajima

Taiten Kusunoki as Kō Yonamine

Yu Kobayashi as Ryōko Kakei

Yukari Fukui as Saki Kurata
Phew Done!

The funny thing is it's by Gonzo, and people hate Gonzo, but it features the Haruhi cast, and people love the Haruhi cast, but if people hate Gonzo and the show, does that mean the Haruhi cast goes down with them, or does the Haruhi cast make people not hate Gonzo, can it work both ways, or does the space-time continium split right at this very second.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-08-20 at 14:17.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 14:21   Link #45
NeoSam

This hasn't been mentioned here yet

Though this is not news :P oh well, DRAGONAUT -THE RESONANCE- will also be getting a shounen manga. The manga will start serialization in the first issue of Shueisha's new shounen manga magazine Jump Square. The first issue of this new magazine will be out in November 2, 2007. Meaning the first chapter of DRAGONAUT -THE RESONANCE- manga will be out on November 2nd.

There's already a page for the manga:
http://jumpsq.shueisha.co.jp/content...aut/index.html

The mangaka is Kinoshita Satoshi.
Old 2007-08-26, 22:43   Link #46
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

GUYS GUYS GUYS it's Gonzo so let's debate whether or not it's going to be a trainwreck for three pages when we have ABSOLUTELY NO INFORMATION ABOUT THE SHOW!

Although by watching the trailer one can determine it has gigantic CG-animated mecha dragons (which incidentally look like shit and reminds me of that horrible horrible scene in Fate/stay night), shounen magic fighting with people flying around and bashing each other with swords (and a Berserker clone!), semi-loli comedic relief characters, really really really inconsistent character design, people running around on skyscraper roofs Ghost in the Shell style and is seemingly set in some kind of pseudo-cyberpunk future earth!

GEE I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS BUT PERSONALLY I CAN'T SEE HOW THIS COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read

Last edited by TheFluff; 2007-08-26 at 22:53.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 21:58   Link #47
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

So for anyone interested in the show, a blurb and title for the first episode has appeared on the website. Spoilering it just in case anyone doesn't want to see it until the show is out.

Spoiler for Dragonaut: The Resonance Ep 1 Blurb and Title:

I can't wait to get to work on this.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 20:08   Link #48
mdauben

I was just checking out the trailer, and it looks interesting enought to add to my "check this out" list, so I'll be watching at least an episode or two.

One thing that is already turning me off, however, is the 3D CGI. Well done CGI can add a lot to a show, but when it's as jarringly different than the rest of the show (as it appears to be in the trailer) it just looks bad and detracts from the rest of the show, IMO.

Oh, well. I'll have to see how the finished product looks when the actual series comes out.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 23:29   Link #49
retardation
phantom loser

i don't really notice the "bad animation" in gonzo shows so it means nothing to me. they've put out a few series that i'd deem great or at least very good though so i'll give them a pass.
retardation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 09:10   Link #50
UPR

I don't know what's with all the bad mouthing of Gonzo. I'll give three examples of anime that Gonzo has made recently and hace turned great: RomeoxJuliet, Kaze no Stigma, and Seto no Hanayome. If Gonzo puts the effort they did like these 3 then I expect this to be good as well.
Old 2007-09-18, 06:49   Link #51
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I'm with MrProphet on this one.
While there's many ups and downs to their quality control, overall, I think Gonzo is a very respected animation studio, and stands above the average level in the industry. The recent Gonzo outsourced Gurren Lagann episodes, for example, were astonishingly well done.

HOWEVER.

That being said, I will never forgive them for f*cking up my Hellsing.
Old 2007-09-20, 14:18   Link #52
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Hmm, Gonzo is certainly original in their approach, and they're not your regular studio. I loved a couple of their series (Gankutsuou and NHK pop in my mind right now), while there were others that suffered from key animation inconsistency. NHK did, at least during episodes 4 (which is arguably the episode with the poorest key animation in history) to 10 and a couple more in the middle; Last Exile, despite having great CG and background, suffered TREMENDOUS key animation flaws from episode 7 till 18 or so, with a particular downhill in the racing episode (was it 9?); I distinctly remember Kiddy Grade suffering from this, though not very noticeably (that series' main flaw was its screwed up director); Bokurano can't be said to have great key animation either, with light inconsistencies popping up here and there and overall design being rather simple; Solty Rei had excellent CG but overall 2D quality didn't baffle me. The only thing that impressed me a lot in terms of (2D) visual quality was Gankutsuou, which oozed originality from each and every frame of it.

Aaanyways... I'm certainly looking forwards to the series. Lots of CG and the characters look interesting enough. There's not much to look forward for October, either, other than perhaps Ghost Hound, Clannad and Kodomo no Jikan, so I think this'll be a welcome addition. As I said before, I don't dislike Gonzo's stuff (in fact, I've enjoyed quite a bit most of those shows I've counted there), but I don't buy into the idea that they make flawless TV animation either.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.

Last edited by WanderingKnight; 2007-09-20 at 14:43.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 10:03   Link #53
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I don't think Gonzo's the best nor the worst animation studio ever . . . .but it's okay. ^^;

I watched the trailer . . . .and all those dragons and action and bloodshed and interesting characters were enough to get my interest to this series xD I'm definitely adding this to my check-out list
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 11:55   Link #54
zalem

This show has been on my "to watch" list since a saw the trailer a while ago. Don't really care about it being a Gonzo show. *shrugs*
Old 2007-09-23, 12:10   Link #55
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Who gives a damn that its by Gonzo? I mean, sure Kaze no Stigma annoyed me to no end because the main female lead is almost always in her school uniform, but at least RXJ was very well done IMO. And Bokurano... just wow. I judge a series by its own merits, and not by the animation studio that does them. They might eff it up, who knows, but we won't know for sure till it has aired.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 12:16   Link #56
Isako
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Isako
I'm not really sold on this anime, but I tend to watch every gonzo anime just to watch it initially. Gonzo has been kinda average this year, and I don't see this as being their mega title either.

I also don't belive GONZO makes flawsless animation, but when GONZO does make good animation they are awesome like Gankutsuou and Last Exile. For me they don't have any middle ground, they are either really great or really average. People knock GONZO all the time, but I've seen worse *cough* madhouse *cough* After watching Death Note(which is slightly better than the other two), Claymore, and Kaibutsu ouju, I wish never to see another madhouse anime for awhile.

Edit: I agree about RxJ being well done, but it still believe they could've made i tmore awesome. That is another topic though.

Last edited by Isako; 2007-09-23 at 12:28.
Isako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 12:21   Link #57
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

There are people who express outrage upon watching partially or completely Gonzo anime titles, which were adapted from mangas.

For those fans glaring titles include:
Chrno Crusade, Hellsing, Full Metal Panic, Gantz, and among few others.

However, there were other manga/novel-adapted anime which Gonzo made right:
Saikano, Trinity Blood, and among few others more.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 12:54   Link #58
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

To be fair to Gonzo, they have improved over the last couple of years. They don't seem to have any massively conspicuous disasters anymore. Glass Fleet was their last embarrassment I suppose.

On the flipside neither do they seem to have any major successes, though RomeoXJuliet is probably their most worthy effort this year. Though I personally think Getsumen to Heiki Mina was a gem.

I hope Dragonaut does well though, cause it looks really promising and I'd be very dissapointed if it flops.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 16:37   Link #59
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'll at least give it one episode, being a Gonzo title it should at least look nice for the first ep.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 18:17   Link #60
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
People knock GONZO all the time, but I've seen worse *cough* madhouse *cough*
Consider Studio DEEN as a really really extremist version of GONZO. Brilliantly original ideas, but very, very lacking in terms of general animation.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, sci-fi