AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 55 41.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 31.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 19.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-10-26, 13:40   Link #161
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't think there's anything wrong with how this anime has started out since it's similar to how the first season of Fullmetal Alchemist started out. I didn't mind it then, and I don't mind it now (well except for epsiode 3...).
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 14:59   Link #162
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

meh.. no one cares about Touma. the reason why railgun is so good is the lack of Index and Touma, and the focus is on a much better character. needs more Saten-san, Biribiri and Misaka.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 16:03   Link #163
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Well true, but they would only need maybe 8 episodes to wrap up the first arc, so they'd have to put in a ton of anime-original episodes to fill the other 12 of the remaining 20. They could, sure, and there's nothing really wrong with that, but it doesn't sound much like JC Staff to spend well over half the series on one-shot episodes, unless they're going to put in their own anime original arc.
Spoiler for Reply to joe's spoiler:
Quote:
Beyond that, it really doesn't matter if the Railgun manga hasn't finished that part when (and if) the anime gets to it. The manga writer can tell JC Satff if the Railgun manga is going to handle it the same as Index, and if the writer says it won't be the same, then JC Staff can handle the exact details however they want really; if the manga isn't going to follow exactly how Index did it, then the anime doesn't have to be exactly with the manga either. (the Railgun anime doesn't have to handle it like the manga either way, actually)

Yes if they only do 8 episodes with only the things in the manga they could do it like that. But from what we've seen until now they've never gone with a whole episode of only manga based things which kind of shows theire willing to take their time with this.
Spoiler for Reilgun Manga plot and answering Shinji's spoiler:

Oh and one more thing - it seem that with Railgun they're going for comedy + plot + kind of more fanservice than usual but who know they migh do all that^^
On another note I'm not sure even if it will be 24 episodes but they'll have to wrap it up really fast if it's 13 so I doubt that it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Spoiler:
Well the way I see it things are that differen form both points of view.
Spoiler for Spoiler for Railgun plot and response to Nayrael:

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
meh.. no one cares about Touma. the reason why railgun is so good is the lack of Index and Touma, and the focus is on a much better character. needs more Saten-san, Biribiri and Misaka.
Wait Misaka is Biribiri. But I get your point. Just don't foget Uiharu since she's up there too. Though after this episode I have to say seeing Touma here provides a lot of laughs

Aside form that what do you guys think of the preview so we stay on topic

Last edited by Joe_fh; 2009-10-26 at 16:15.
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 17:19   Link #164
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I love this episode as it was very funny(Thanks to Kiyama) & action was great(Chainsword Whip Animated!!!) and Touma appeared again and more screen-time for him too!
I'm so happy about this episode, here's a gift for all of you as a celebration:
Spoiler for Gift:
OMG! Where is the real Mikoto? Where!!!

Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 17:25   Link #165
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

oh, i thought Biribiri was the midget Misaka. i didn't watch the preview. :d but i think accelerator will be introduced soon, seeing as the scientist is already here.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2009-10-26, 18:03   Link #166
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Wha? Touma made this episode so much better. I myself like him, but even if you don't, the reactions we get from Mikoto are priceless.

Quote:
oh, i thought Biribiri was the midget Misaka. i didn't watch the preview. :d but i think accelerator will be introduced soon, seeing as the scientist is already here.
So that's who that scientist was? lol.
Old 2009-10-26, 18:33   Link #167
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
If I were Touma, I'd have chosen to poke her on the forehead
Or give her a hug and refuse to let go until she surrenders. Biri Biri is love.

This was a good episode.
Old 2009-10-26, 19:51   Link #168
ReddyRedWolf

On Touma becoming an urban legend. It makes you wonder how much trouble he gets into before he met Index. As evidenced by Biribiri's first encounter he's a meddling busy body.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 20:03   Link #169
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
On Touma becoming an urban legend. It makes you wonder how much trouble he gets into before he met Index. As evidenced by Biribiri's first encounter he's a meddling busy body.
Since when does helping people makes you a meddling busy body?
Old 2009-10-26, 20:05   Link #170
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Or give her a hug and refuse to let go until she surrenders. Biri Biri is hot shocking love.
Fixed.
Old 2009-10-26, 20:35   Link #171
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Since when does helping people makes you a meddling busy body?
When people like Biribiri are involved.

Spoiler for Clue:

Helping people will lead to Touma using his hand. Using his hand increases his misfortune.
Old 2009-10-26, 20:47   Link #172
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Helping people will lead to Touma using his hand. Using his hand increases his misfortune.
Lending a hand indeed.
Old 2009-10-26, 21:01   Link #173
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Yes if they only do 8 episodes with only the things in the manga they could do it like that. But from what we've seen until now they've never gone with a whole episode of only manga based things which kind of shows theire willing to take their time with this.
Spoiler for Reilgun Manga plot and answering Shinji's spoiler:
Actually I meant they would only need about 8 episodes to finish the first arc even without doing straight manga stuff. They could put a few fillers in there (it only took 1 1/2 anime-original episodes for them to show more manga material since episode 1) and still finish this off around episode 12/13. Then some more anime-original episodes, and they could do the second arc during that.
Spoiler for Not really spoilers, just in case:

But again, there's no way we'll know either way until at earliest when the first arc is done here in the anime, so we might as well just wait. I just don't think they'll spend the whole 24-episode (confirmed by relentlessflame from the DVD release schedule) anime on just one arc that could normally be wrapped up in ~8 more episodes even with anime-original material; JC Staff likes their anime-original material, sure, but that doesn't sound too much like them, especially since the second arc is so important to Mikoto's character and would be an excellent place to end the story. (or at least season 1, depending on JC Staff) We'll just have to wait and see. I don't have any problem with it going either way (as long as it's good of course ), although I personally would prefer seeing the second arc animated for the aforementioned Mikoto and story reasons.
Old 2009-10-26, 21:52   Link #174
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

that's something i never understood. why not just shoot him somewhere else aside from his hand? or chop it off. like, you know....

also, Misaka's reaction to getting punched was pretty funny and cute.

Old 2009-10-26, 22:20   Link #175
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
that's something i never understood. why not just shoot him somewhere else aside from his hand? or chop it off. like, you know....
Because she doesn't know about the hand. Biribiri doesn't believe Touma is a Level 0. Biribiri is one of the seven Level 5s how come she never heard of this guy before she's thinking.

Styil had the same reaction to Touma. How come he never heard of this guy before too. Speculating that this guy and his ability is kept secret by the powers that be of the Science and Magic sides.

And he's right Aleister Crowley and Doc Frog Face already knew of Touma. When Touma became notorious for medling in the Magic side people outside Academy City viewed him as a threat. Fearing also he's forming a Magician-Esper army of a sort. (His harem) Upseting the status quo of neither side interfering with each other.

Also Touma has WTF reaction reflexes.
Old 2009-10-27, 01:14   Link #176
Clarste
Human

As you can see in the episode, the people of Academy City treat the ability to nullify things as an urban legend, ie: kind of silly and implausible. No one takes it seriously. Even the trained AIM researcher who Misaka asks about it assumes it's about using a power in a way that happens to nullify electricity.

So that's basically what she's thinking he's doing. Because the idea of him actually nullifying power in general is so weird, she sort of thinks he's using some other more general power in a defensive way. She's always asking him to get serious and use his power on her, without fully realizing that he doesn't have an active power.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 01:46   Link #177
ReddyRedWolf

I wonder why Komoe sensei wasn't included in the urban legends. She is afterall one of the seven great mysteries of Academy City.
Old 2009-10-27, 05:13   Link #178
Joe_fh

Quote:
Actually I meant they would only need about 8 episodes to finish the first arc even without doing straight manga stuff. They could put a few fillers in there (it only took 1 1/2 anime-original episodes for them to show more manga material since episode 1) and still finish this off around episode 12/13. Then some more anime-original episodes, and they could do the second arc during that.
Spoiler for Not really spoilers, just in case:

But again, there's no way we'll know either way until at earliest when the first arc is done here in the anime, so we might as well just wait. I just don't think they'll spend the whole 24-episode (confirmed by relentlessflame from the DVD release schedule) anime on just one arc that could normally be wrapped up in ~8 more episodes even with anime-original material; JC Staff likes their anime-original material, sure, but that doesn't sound too much like them, especially since the second arc is so important to Mikoto's character and would be an excellent place to end the story. (or at least season 1, depending on JC Staff) We'll just have to wait and see. I don't have any problem with it going either way (as long as it's good of course ), although I personally would prefer seeing the second arc animated for the aforementioned Mikoto and story reasons.
Well I see your point. Still I think there's no way they'll finish it with just 8 episodes.

Spoiler for Not really a spoiler -says how many chapters of the manga arc have been animated so far:

Yes there's really nothing to do except wait for now. So it's been confirmed eh? That's good to hear. DOn't get me wrong I wanted them to finish it ff with that ever since I heard it might be 24 episodes. I just don't want them to go all original and ruin a great character deveoplment that is present and building with each new chapter. I'm sure they can do it right if they stop and think about how to do it best without going in coflict with all the other stuff from the To Aru "universe" and if they consult the author. I don't mind either. If it's good that is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
As you can see in the episode, the people of Academy City treat the ability to nullify things as an urban legend, ie: kind of silly and implausible. No one takes it seriously. Even the trained AIM researcher who Misaka asks about it assumes it's about using a power in a way that happens to nullify electricity.

So that's basically what she's thinking he's doing. Because the idea of him actually nullifying power in general is so weird, she sort of thinks he's using some other more general power in a defensive way. She's always asking him to get serious and use his power on her, without fully realizing that he doesn't have an active power.
Indeed that's just the case. Simply put no one could even imagine such a power could exist.
As someone else mentioned before epsers use their whole body with their power. There's no precedent to that Touma isn't doing the same. From Misaka's point of view even if she noticed he uses only his right arm that would only mean he likes using his right arm just because it's easy for him not because he can only use that. Even if he says he doesn't have a power the fact that he's able to stop all her atacks seems to state the oposite.
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 06:10   Link #179
LaoED

Quote:
I'm pretty annoyed by the fact that without Mikoto(don't get me wrong, I love her), this series would probably fail, I'm interested in the concept of Espers and Magicians....science vs religion FTW!!

Touma's actually definitely more likable when he's around Mikoto.
LaoED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 06:29   Link #180
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Well I see your point. Still I think there's no way they'll finish it with just 8 episodes.
Hahaha, then you do not know JC Staff - if they manage to cover two novel (and that is much more material than manga) in a single episode, sure they rush a lot or like in ZnT's case they just skip one volume completely, but they surely can pull that off in fact they can do it in two episodes and make others annoying yuri fillers. Sure it would not be pretty but they most certainly can.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote