AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-07, 09:07   Link #101
Shadow5YA

So I just stumbled upon the DR1 demo on youtube where...
Spoiler for DR1 demo:

It made me feel even worse for her knowing things could have been different. Even if she wasn't purely innocent, I still enjoyed her characterization in the short time she had.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 23:27   Link #102
marvelB

^Yeah, I always thought that was a cool twist on Spike's part. Though to be honest:

Spoiler for DR1:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 01:54   Link #103
Shadow5YA

I don't mind the change, since I felt like Maizono was a better character and therefore had more of an impact that Hagakure.

Honestly, Hagakure was one of the main problems I had with DR1's story.

Spoiler for Hagakure's involvement:
Old 2013-02-10, 16:30   Link #104
ellifeedn
Thinker

I started reading the LP yesterday and finished today. Needless to say, I will start reading the sequel after I finish cooling down from my binge.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 20:29   Link #105
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Spoiler for Hagakure's involvement:

Spoiler for DR1:
Old 2013-02-10, 22:26   Link #106
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Spoiler for DR1:
Spoiler for DR1:
Old 2013-02-13, 23:53   Link #107
ellifeedn
Thinker

After recovering, I started and finished reading not only the sequel thread but also that IF story. I love this series, but gently caress everyone on the threads that post needless speculation and possible spoilers.

With that out of the way, I have a question: how much does the story in the demo differ from the actual game?
Old 2013-02-14, 01:25   Link #108
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
With that out of the way, I have a question: how much does the story in the demo differ from the actual game?

Well, Shadow5YA already touched upon it above, but:

Spoiler for DR1 demo:

Anyway, it might be a little early to bring this up, but does anyone have a favorite character or two so far from the sequel's cast? I already gave my opinions on who I liked best (mainly through spoilers though), but I'm interested in other people's views.....
Old 2013-02-14, 01:28   Link #109
ellifeedn
Thinker

I know that much, but does the story in the demo proceed the same way as the actual game? Did the victim ask to switch rooms?
Old 2013-02-14, 02:00   Link #110
marvelB

^Ah, I see! In that case, I'm afraid I can't be much help here since it's been quite a while since I played the demo. I would download that translated one, but my PSP's memory card doesn't have enough space (nor do I intend to free up any space for the time being..... sorry). Lastly, I'm too wary to check out youtube since that's basically a spoiler's paradise. Someone else will have to field this one, I'm afraid (maybe Shadow5YA could answer that since he recently watched a video of the demo).....
Old 2013-02-18, 17:51   Link #111
marvelB

Uh oh, bad news guys..... looks like SA is blocking out us lurkers AGAIN. And now it's once again time to play the waiting game of despair.....
Old 2013-02-18, 20:19   Link #112
ellifeedn
Thinker

Why does SA block out lurkers?
Old 2013-02-19, 13:02   Link #113
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Well, I already expected that hence I didn't visit the site since the prologue was finished. I plan to read through all of it once it's finished in one-go.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 17:42   Link #114
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Why does SA block out lurkers?

The answer here is "money". Thankfully the paywalls are temporary in the first place (give it about 2-3 weeks, I think)....

But on a lighter note, here is something interesting. Looks like there may be a new DR project in the works for the Vita. Whether it's DR3 or a spinoff is anyone's guess at this point, though.....
Old 2013-03-11, 18:28   Link #115
ellifeedn
Thinker

Paywall is down.
Old 2013-06-17, 06:34   Link #116
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Finally finished reading the translation for danganronpa 1 (though I did watched a youtube video for the ending long ago >.>.. I want to ask something about Danganronpa 2, do they actually explain what's the most-despair incident that take place in that place?

..also, is the story really finished or it's a sequel hook for DR3?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 15:50   Link #117
marvelB

^As far as your first question goes..... well, I'd rather not say anything myself until the DR2 translation reaches the point where said incident becomes relevant (though I guess someone else will probably answer you long before then, lol).

To answer your second question.... well, again without spoiling anything, I suppose I can say that the ending COULD wrap up the series as a whole, but considering how popular the franchise has become, I think it's safe to say that we'll be guaranteed future games, be they sequels or spinoffs.

And with that being said, it looks like we've got a rumor about the next DR game already.
Old 2013-06-18, 22:29   Link #118
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

It's a remake for vita. Hopefully Xseed or another publisher translate it since it's coming to vita ;_;

Also
Quote:
We’re still waiting on more details, but as for now we know that the Island Mode that was in Super Danganronpa 2 is now called School Mode
I wonder if they're going to add this function to DR1 too..

Old 2013-06-18, 23:21   Link #119
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I wonder if they're going to add this function to DR1 too..
That's what they mean. They're adding that mode into DR1 and calling it School Mode. This is awesome!!!
Spoiler for DR1 and SDR2(IF storyline) and DR0:

If they are available for School Mode then it's kinda tempting for character fans (not to mention improve graphics and additional dating lines for the characters). Just going by game sale date it's probably still too early for 3 to come out (since the overarching story is not done yet, though I have no idea who would, or should I say can, be the boss of 3rd game). The Q/A also mentioned that since they're moving the game to a different hardware and what does it mean for the development of the game; the answer's something like nothing's for certain yet, but please wait as they don't want to betray people's expectation. I still think that's a flag for the 3rd game in development.

Here's hoping the anime does well ... though the ED's seriously stirring up a crapstorm (sigh).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 01:59   Link #120
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Is it really that bad? I agree that it's kinda 'out there' considering the theme for Danganronpa..

Quote:
That's what they mean. They're adding that mode into DR1 and calling it School Mode. This is awesome!!!
Spoiler: