AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-04, 19:28   Link #1021
KingAho1
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post
Can any of you compare the slow pace to say, Monster, Shigurui or Texhnolyze?
I think its hard to say on all of them because this is in a way a "slice of life" series and the others aren't. I think that i agree with the above that Texhnolyze was tougher to get into for me. I was so excited marathoning Monster though that I didnt notice that it was slow. I also felt shigurui had enough going on and didnt feel slow.

The series is definitely by far one of the slowest I've seen. I feel like every time Kasuga talks he can only say a few words at a time in between his whining. Still, although it did annoy me at times, I think the pace complemented the nature of the story. I do however hope that if a 2nd season is made there's a little more going on...
Old 2013-07-04, 21:23   Link #1022
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
WOAH what the hell was that XD I enjoyed it but found some parts much too drawn out. I didn't mind the rotoscoping, at first it was odd but i read the directors reasons and it suits it. Something different. I heard this follows the novel quite well, it is just a slow pace. I have seen far worse adaptations.

Was all that stuff near the end a summary for season two? 0_0 holy shit that was insane stuff! I was about to freak out if there wasn't a second season after showing all that stuff. But 2014? That is a bit crazy.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 10:49   Link #1023
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

Great series. Truly something unique and different for a change.
JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 18:13   Link #1024
KingAho1
n00b

^^I do agree with that. Say whatever you do about the series but you have to give it points for originality. Don't get me wrong, we're all here because we love anime so I'm not gonna pretend that I don't like more "conventional" stuff too, but in recent years the medium has become increasingly formulaic and generic. Its really nice to see something thats off the beaten path.

It takes properties like this to push the boundaries of the medium (both visually and plot-wise) so that horizons can broaden and widespread innovation can occur.

^thats not to say I wanna see rotoscoping become the new fad though haha.
Old 2013-07-05, 20:28   Link #1025
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

It's definitely different...which is what I liked about it. Plus, as much as Kasuda is an emo twat, it does keep you wandering what will happen next.

And Nakamura = Queen of the Trolls.
Old 2013-07-05, 22:54   Link #1026
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

At least he was honest about it. Nothing worse than a person in denial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingAho1 View Post
^^I do agree with that. Say whatever you do about the series but you have to give it points for originality. Don't get me wrong, we're all here because we love anime so I'm not gonna pretend that I don't like more "conventional" stuff too, but in recent years the medium has become increasingly formulaic and generic. Its really nice to see something thats off the beaten path.

It takes properties like this to push the boundaries of the medium (both visually and plot-wise) so that horizons can broaden and widespread innovation can occur.

^thats not to say I wanna see rotoscoping become the new fad though haha.
Nothing wrong with conventional so long as it is executed well and the staff inject some flair of their own. That's how things move forward - by taking the work of your forebears and adding to it.
JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 22:44   Link #1027
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Is there a second season or is this speculation? Anyone know anything yet?
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 11:06   Link #1028
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Anime watchers! Should I watch the anime (maybe season 2, if one) or continue with my manga?

chapter 22 atm.
Old 2013-07-30, 02:10   Link #1029
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Anime watchers! Should I watch the anime (maybe season 2, if one) or continue with my manga?

chapter 22 atm.
I say go for it. It's a great show, it just suffers from the fact that a lot of people can't see beyond the animation style.

Tags
avantgarde, romance