AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 9 8.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 26.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 27.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 24.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 11.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-15, 12:30   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

[Mai Otome] Episode 19 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to this week's Episode of Mai-Otome.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep Manga spoilers out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Be aware that due to the very nature of these threads, current episode content will be discussed without the use of Spoiler tags. Also, since these threads go up early, unrestrained speculation about the upcoming episode will be knee-deep. If you haven't seen the Episode, I would advise you not to click into the thread prior to the Fan-sub release, or don't complain if you're spoiled.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=My Otome]These are not the droids you're looking for.[/spoiler]

....will get you this...
Spoiler for My Otome:

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-02-15 at 13:04.
Old 2006-02-15, 12:44   Link #2
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

For a quite good changes is a wishful thinking if the ending gets replaced.

Back to the story.....

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-15, 13:01   Link #3
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2006-02-15, 13:23   Link #4
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Assuming if that IS Rena which Schwarz used to disable the Otome system, I wonder if she's the reason why Schwarz and Aswald split 14 years ago when they both attacked the castle. Perhaps something went wrong during the operation in which Schwarz backstabbed Aswald or something and ran off with Rena.
Old 2006-02-15, 13:55   Link #5
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Interesting concept SoldierOfDarkness.

I'm not really expecting big things this episode, just plot advancement...
It's always nice to be pleasantly surpised.

I wonder if this episode will mark Tomoe's defection to Artai/Schwarz.
Old 2006-02-15, 14:16   Link #6
cry
Berry Bunny

so it can be "arrikaaaaaa, i am your FATHER" o_0 wow =)
Old 2006-02-15, 14:18   Link #7
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Assuming if that IS Rena which Schwarz used to disable the Otome system, I wonder if she's the reason why Schwarz and Aswald split 14 years ago when they both attacked the castle. Perhaps something went wrong during the operation in which Schwarz backstabbed Aswald or something and ran off with Rena.
If Aswald knew schwartz ran off with Rena and if there was something between Rena and Rado. i would think he would have made a try at rescuing her by now.

I think Aswald thinks Rena is A) Dead and B) didn't know what happen to her after the fight.
Old 2006-02-15, 15:36   Link #8
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnnn, Rad defeats a depowered Rena in single combat and leaves her alive...but Schwartz decides that the only good Otome is a dead Otome and proceed to...*makes slicing guesture* That would piss Rad off royally if he knew. ^^; But instead of Arika, what if Rad is Mashiro's father, hnnn? We are talking a transition from the Manga to Anime here and everyone who's seen both knows just how different the individual plots can be from one source to the next.

Anyway, back to spec on the upcoming eppy...
Arika's is with Aswald now and Midori tells her more about Rena Sayers. What could Midori know about Rena that would be so important? Is Rena from Aswald originally or is her lover? ^^
Old 2006-02-15, 15:52   Link #9
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
Hnnn, Rad defeats a depowered Rena in single combat
You mean deflower
Old 2006-02-15, 20:50   Link #10
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry
so it can be "arrikaaaaaa, i am your FATHER" o_0 wow =)
*Severed Arm* NOOOOO NOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOO!!
Old 2006-02-15, 21:57   Link #11
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
You mean deflowered
Sadly appropriate
Old 2006-02-16, 01:48   Link #12
Hyosuke575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
Sadly appropriate
Yeah cause we all know how an otome loses her power.
Anyway from what I've seen it looks like next episode we learn more about Midori which if that isn't obvious from already seeing the preview. Frankly I'm a little lost on what you're all saying because I haven't read the manga. Maybe I should go do that.
Old 2006-02-16, 04:18   Link #13
Lost

Quote:
You mean deflower
That just spoiled my day... I hope not. I hope not...
Old 2006-02-16, 07:13   Link #14
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
You mean deflower
Both are appropriate for the situation..... It sucks really.... but it's correct all the same....
Old 2006-02-16, 08:32   Link #15
ging-inc

tbh haven't seen the manga beyond the 1st 6 translated chapters but from what I have seen so far think the tv series is running its own version of mai otome different from the manga just like they did for mai hime. So therefore drawing comparsions between the two are rather pointless.

For those who have seen eps 17, do you remeber smith saying that arika's robe wasn't fully powered up, I thought he just meant that she hadn't used her crystal staff/weapon, but recently I got thinking, if you compare all the other full active robe's like ultimate black diamond/amythest/silver ice/topaz ones they all look like a set of robes in design, but arika's just looks like a different coloured version of the coral/pearls ones, which makes me think her robe will either change into an new unseen version or like the one the previous user was using (the one you see the new opening)

As for todays eps, have to comment to all those people who said on last poll that arika went back to her grandmothers are likely to be very wrong after all the reason she left was because she was dead therefore the lady you saw in eps 18 can't be her grandmother.

As for my predictions
Spoiler for My Otome:

On a final note have to wonder if we are ever going to see some serious fighting in this series or not? with only 8eps left including this one isn't much time left to get some action on screen. Most of the fight scenes we have seen are very short or we only get to see parts of the fights.
Old 2006-02-16, 09:40   Link #16
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Since in the preview on the official site they placed a picture of Rena in her robe were probably going to see her in her master robe either in a flashback (probability - 99%) or in the actual ep (0.5%) or we won't get to see her (0.5% ... - 100% ) ... whatever happens, this ep will obviosly have some Rena development, well at least we can hope ....

Ep prediction :
- Mashiro ends up in the black valley (strange that people there don't have a problem with Arika ... I mean she's an otome and the black valley is suppose to be guarderobes enemy)
- some more caracter development from Arika
- hopefully we'll get some mikoto development

This image of Mikoto will probably make a good avatar ... he he
Anyone whana guess what Mikoto is so scared about ... maybe Mashiro said something out of caracter .... like :
>>"let's help poor people" <<
OR
>>"let's save the world from pain and sufforing" <<
OR
>>*Mashiro looks at an old lady* "Are you OK ... do you need some help ... here ... let me help you ..." <<
OR
>> "Arika, you don't have to associate with me anymore ... if you stick with me you will only end up unhappy, .... sorr ... *Mashiro cryes* .... I couldn't keep our promise ..."<<
Old 2006-02-16, 10:27   Link #17
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ging-inc
For those who have seen eps 17, do you remeber smith saying that arika's robe wasn't fully powered up, I thought he just meant that she hadn't used her crystal staff/weapon, but recently I got thinking, if you compare all the other full active robe's like ultimate black diamond/amythest/silver ice/topaz ones they all look like a set of robes in design, but arika's just looks like a different coloured version of the coral/pearls ones, which makes me think her robe will either change into an new unseen version or like the one the previous user was using (the one you see the new opening)
Heh ... well we can only hope she gets a new robe ... and her robe doesn't look like a coral/pearl robe, all the other robes aren't meant for 15 year old girls ... as for Nina's robe ... well it doesn't mater what robe she wears it will look cool, just because she wears it ...

Unless Sunrise is trying to trick us with the new op (I'll give it a 3/5 chance that they are) her robe won't get any better.

Quote:
As for todays eps, have to comment to all those people who said on last poll that arika went back to her grandmothers are likely to be very wrong after all the reason she left was because she was dead therefore the lady you saw in eps 18 can't be her grandmother.
And how do we know her grany didn't live near the black vally

Quote:
On a final note have to wonder if we are ever going to see some serious fighting in this series or not? with only 8eps left including this one isn't much time left to get some action on screen. Most of the fight scenes we have seen are very short or we only get to see parts of the fights.
I actualy like the way the fighting is so far .... the way I see it the writers and animetors aren't all that creative when it comes to fighting scenes .... that's usualy the way stuff work's in anime ... writer's can either write plot or fighting scenes or neither (it's a miracle if they manage both, actualy they bring someone else to do the dirty work) ... I'm guesing that's why the otome have these mass destruction atacks (so they can resolv thing's quicly ... and a big bad boom is easy to make) ....
Spoiler for MaiHiME:

... the writers seem to have taken some lessons from MH ... maybe the cut in fight time is one of them (damn bastards ) ...

IMO the writes of MO are 97.9% plot (I didn't give them 100% because they made that cool NinaVsArika fight scene in ep 3 ... or was it 4 )
Old 2006-02-16, 11:24   Link #18
Efreeta
Secret gardener

One of the links for today's episode:
http://dat.2chan.net/18/res/2294469.htm
Old 2006-02-16, 11:30   Link #19
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
One of these image are Fake or Real?
a Game Mai Otome from PS2 O_O
Confirm me it is a Fake >_<
Old 2006-02-16, 11:30   Link #20
EnseiSong
Clous Dolch

And another one.....

http://nov.2chan.net/24/res/267367.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo
One of these image are Fake or Real?
a Game Mai Otome from PS2 O_O