AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-12, 21:51   Link #1761
gaguri

@Reno
You need to read my whole paragraph before taking what I've said out of context. Notice that ultimate cloud asked if Kouta really was oblivious of the past events or he was pretending to be all along. By common sense, he is interested in not at the end, but throughout the series. In which case, we can clearly see he had forgotten them (which is same as suppressed memory, since everything we 'forget' is something that we can't recall from our memory with ease unless with a help of hypnosis etc), from brief flashbacks Kouta has before he returns to the oblivious state. And like I've said before, he does remember everything and stay that way at the very end.

@Vento
I am not entirely sure if you were thinking on the same line with Reno, or talking about how Kouta is not oblivious of the past events throughout the series. If it's latter, I don't think it's a plausible notion without a clear explanation. It is given that he was unaware of the events until the last revelation.

*Edit: V haha...my apologies Reno, I've read what you've written completely wrong. And from the looks of it I think I misunderstood Vento as well.

Last edited by gaguri; 2007-06-13 at 09:31.
gaguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 05:24   Link #1762
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
I did read what you said. You said he is BRIEFLY reminded of what happened then returns to not knowing what really happened. Then you went on to say it was ONLY on the second from last episode he got his memory back. Yeah... and I am clear on why he did forget in case you're wondering.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 19:43   Link #1763
EusebioKun
OMG I go to college!

Send a message via AIM to EusebioKun
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I don't think it was so much he just forgot, as that the memory was so traumatic he was suppressing it for years, until events of the anime forced it back to the surface.
The event was so traumatic he forgot. If he was suppressing the memory would have rekindled when he saw Nyuu/Lucy for the first time.

based on the other boarders we all have different interpretations, : )

nonetheless gaguri sounds very convincing.
Old 2007-06-15, 05:50   Link #1764
Reno

Quote:
Originally Posted by EusebioKun View Post
If he was suppressing the memory would have rekindled when he saw Nyuu/Lucy for the first time.
Hmm.... but something DID come back to him when he saw Lucys horns for the first time.
Old 2007-06-15, 09:12   Link #1765
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Hmm.... but something DID come back to him when he saw Lucys horns for the first time.
He just slowly little by little gained his memory back from that point on.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 22:22   Link #1766
khajiit

That's correct, or at very least the full image is presented to him straight away, but it's too much for his mind to handle, so therefore its gone in a split second.

By the way I just bought the boxset after watching the first 5 eps, and I watched it all in a 5 hour splurge last night It was so beautiful, but I was so sad when it ended I just got too attached to those characters

Hmm oh an hi everyone, I'm new ^_^
khajiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 12:31   Link #1767
Reno

Hello and welcome.

Quote:
It was so beautiful, but I was so sad when it ended I just got too attached to those characters
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 2007-06-18, 05:41   Link #1768
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Heh, this series stand at #4 right now on my favorite anime list and it's one of the first ones I've watched too. Usually old anime gets knocked down from my list due to better plot and better animation, but animation and plot is superb for 2004, and is on par with animation in 2007. Too bad I hate Mayu's voice dubbed. They don't have to fake squeakiness to copy Japanese girls....

People might make fun of me watching "childish" things like anime but Elfen Lied is a nice reference for me to prove them wrong.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 07:57   Link #1769
khajiit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Heh, this series stand at #4 right now on my favorite anime list and it's one of the first ones I've watched too. Usually old anime gets knocked down from my list due to better plot and better animation, but animation and plot is superb for 2004, and is on par with animation in 2007. Too bad I hate Mayu's voice dubbed. They don't have to fake squeakiness to copy Japanese girls....

People might make fun of me watching "childish" things like anime but Elfen Lied is a nice reference for me to prove them wrong.

Its gotta be my fave right now (knocked out Evangelion :O ) and it's the first box set I bought. As for people making fun of you watching "childish" things, grr thats so annoying, what right do they have to say that, their ignorance astounds me! They have no idea what they are talking about and yet they are so assured in their beliefs that they are right. I grow very tired of them, and quite frankly, i wouldn't even give them the time of day if i didnt need to -.-
Old 2007-06-18, 11:42   Link #1770
Reno

Quote:
Too bad I hate Mayu's voice dubbed. They don't have to fake squeakiness to copy Japanese girls....

I hate ALL their voices in the dubbed version >_<. Just doesn't suit it at all.

Heh luckily I don't have to deal with people saying anime is for children. I've NEVER thought of it like that and it surprises me that there are people who do...
Old 2007-06-18, 12:26   Link #1771
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
I hate ALL their voices in the dubbed version >_<. Just doesn't suit it at all.

Heh luckily I don't have to deal with people saying anime is for children. I've NEVER thought of it like that and it surprises me that there are people who do...
I think there are two groups. One thinks that all anime is for children and the other thinks that all anime is hentai.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 12:44   Link #1772
TigerII
Pilot in Training

There are shows I would never want my kids to watch. This, hellsing, gantz, etc.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 07:23   Link #1773
khajiit

Eh, I don't understand them either... it's not like they even watched an anime in their life besides an episode of Pokemon LOL

Last edited by khajiit; 2007-06-19 at 07:24. Reason: My grammar was atrocious :P
Old 2007-06-19, 13:21   Link #1774
Reno

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
I think there are two groups. One thinks that all anime is for children and the other thinks that all anime is hentai.
There's a third group - us!
Old 2007-06-19, 16:45   Link #1775
magebro

Watched all of this anime today. It totally rocked and i think their is potential
for a second series but doubt it would go further than that.
magebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 04:33   Link #1776
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I don't really think they'll have a second season. No matter what happened, in the manga, the last episode was a perfect ending, from the symbolism of the horns being shot off to the grandfather clock. It has always been one of my favorite endings even though people hate it for its vagueness. I never thought that an anime that is plot-heavy can also be action-heavy, but this is one of the few exceptions.

If there is indeed a second season, then I'd watch it, but no doubt that the first will probably be better.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 11:05   Link #1777
Reno

Another spoiler...
Old 2007-06-20, 11:46   Link #1778
koolaje

I'll stop visiting this thread

Waiting till the translation of manga is finished ..

Kimagure Orang Road Movie - I Want To Return To That Day
koolaje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 20:18   Link #1779
Jamezterr
Deep in thought.

Send a message via MSN to Jamezterr
Quote:
I don't really think they'll have a second season. No matter what happened, in the manga, the last episode was a perfect ending, from the symbolism of the horns being shot off to the grandfather clock. It has always been one of my favorite endings even though people hate it for its vagueness. I never thought that an anime that is plot-heavy can also be action-heavy, but this is one of the few exceptions.

If there is indeed a second season, then I'd watch it, but no doubt that the first will probably be better.
Yeah I agree, except I didn't like it being so vague so much, still a great ending, and a great Anime.

I will for sure watch a 2nd season if one ever comes out.
Jamezterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 20:37   Link #1780
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

I wasn't terribly pleased with the ending of the anime since there were loose ends that weren't tied up. But the note it did end on was quite good all the same.
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen