AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2023-07-21, 08:38   Link #11121
Xuanwu

Didn't Serafall one-shot a Bandersnatch when Tannin and his peerage had to work together to subdue one? Or Verrine defeating Asuras?

Who's Nimura going to date, btw? Balberith? Just throwing something random.
Xuanwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-21, 08:46   Link #11122
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Balberith X Nimura would be such plot twist Nice idea Xuanwu.

Now that I think about it Nakiri would have 3 wife while it seem that most of the older male characters aren't even interested in girls
Hyodou True DXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-30, 16:06   Link #11123
Xuanwu

Anyway, I was wondering about something. How come Valerie suffers mental damage from using the Holy Grail, but Rizevim and Marius did not? Apophis didn't suffer mental damage as well.

As a side note, could it be possible that Valerie's three Holy Grails have specific abilities?

- For example, Marius extracted one from Valerie and he claimed he would not be able to resurrect Valerie but that he could make a clone of her. Keep in mind Marius attained regeneration comparable to a Phenex with this Grail. So he can regenerate, but not resurrect others.

- On the other hand, Apophis could summon/resurrect Evil Dragons with the Grail he stole from Rizevim but he could not regenerate. So he could resurrect others, but not regenerate from his wounds.
Old 2023-07-30, 16:55   Link #11124
cyberdemon

Overusage mainly.
Old 2023-07-30, 18:20   Link #11125
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
Anyway, I was wondering about something. How come Valerie suffers mental damage from using the Holy Grail, but Rizevim and Marius did not? Apophis didn't suffer mental damage as well.

As a side note, could it be possible that Valerie's three Holy Grails have specific abilities?

- For example, Marius extracted one from Valerie and he claimed he would not be able to resurrect Valerie but that he could make a clone of her. Keep in mind Marius attained regeneration comparable to a Phenex with this Grail. So he can regenerate, but not resurrect others.

- On the other hand, Apophis could summon/resurrect Evil Dragons with the Grail he stole from Rizevim but he could not regenerate. So he could resurrect others, but not regenerate from his wounds.
Because Sephiroth Graal was just a plot device for the fourth arc and Ishibumi needed a justification why Valerie really couldn't use it afterwards because he understands that it would break the series if Valerie could just use it whenever she liked. The same reason we don't see Annihilation Maker anymore.

If Ishibumi really cared about certain limitations he wouldn't have Sairaorg using Breakdown the Beast all the time considering it consumes his life force.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-31, 12:34   Link #11126
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Keep in mind Marius attained regeneration comparable to a Phenex with this Grail. So he can regenerate, but not resurrect others.
According with DXD 0's spoiler the Belzeebub guy who has used the Malebranche even have a regeneration power.

We also have Thrihexa and Jabberwocky who also show regenerative power.

Marius with the Grail, Belzeebub guy with Malebranche, Thriheza and Jabberwocky have make Phenex's trait so few special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
If Ishibumi really cared about certain limitations he wouldn't have Sairaorg using Breakdown the Beast all the time considering it consumes his life force.
Just like the case of Kiba that with all times he has used Gram he could be slowly die without that Ishibumi, the other characters and he himself even realize that
Old 2023-07-31, 13:00   Link #11127
Xuanwu

Many other characters have the regeneration ability. Azi Dahaka, Tartarus, Yamata-no-Orochi, etc. Ruval had a team of immortals. Gasper also regenerated his arm when Fenrir bit it off.

Something more confusing is that the Phenex were supposed to have wind powers, IIRC. But they really only use fire for some reason.
Old 2023-07-31, 14:35   Link #11128
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Devils have almost unlimited lifeforce so losing a dozen or even a hundred years every other day isn't a big deal.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-02, 02:25   Link #11129
B214

Has Regulus ever use promotion? I feel like Regulus has never used promotion out of consideration to Sairaorg.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-02, 05:35   Link #11130
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Has Regulus ever use promotion? I feel like Regulus has never used promotion out of consideration to Sairaorg.
I think he hasn't ever used the promotion long the whole story

You think something in future could happened for Sairoarg and Regulus related to promotion?
Old 2023-08-02, 05:55   Link #11131
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyodou True DXD View Post
I think he hasn't ever used the promotion long the whole story

You think something in future could happened for Sairoarg and Regulus related to promotion?
Ise has the trianna & CxC. I can see Regulus and Sairaorg having their own version.
Old 2023-08-02, 06:25   Link #11132
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Ise has the trianna & CxC. I can see Regulus and Sairaorg having their own version.

The problem here in that case Issei have the pawns pieces in his body and ILM and CXC were the result of various stuff: the modification of pawns pieces from Ajuka for make them more adapt to Ddraig's power, Issei's feeling for Rias and breast and the help he has get from the former possessor in overcome the JD's curse and unlock Ddraig's original aura.

Sadly in the Ishi's blog unlike the case of the Longinus of Issei, Vali, Gasper, Tobio and Cao Cao the Regulus Nemea didn't have the ???

But you know I agree that Sairoarg must find a alternative to Breakdown The Beast. Maybe it could be possible for him get something new with Regulus thanks maybe if in some way he improved his Lion Taming's ability and the Touki.

Something like the ILM and the CXC could have been possible for Saji if Ishi wouldn't have turn him into a sideline character

It would have been enough that Ajuka would have modified his pawns pieces as well and development his relantionship with Sona but I know that is too late for this
Old 2023-08-03, 07:18   Link #11133
B214

Quote:
The problem here in that case Issei have the pawns pieces in his body and ILM and CXC were the result of various stuff: the modification of pawns pieces from Ajuka for make them more adapt to Ddraig's power, Issei's feeling for Rias and breast and the help he has get from the former possessor in overcome the JD's curse and unlock Ddraig's original aura.

Sadly in the Ishi's blog unlike the case of the Longinus of Issei, Vali, Gasper, Tobio and Cao Cao the Regulus Nemea didn't have the ???

But you know I agree that Sairoarg must find a alternative to Breakdown The Beast. Maybe it could be possible for him get something new with Regulus thanks maybe if in some way he improved his Lion Taming's ability and the Touki.

Something like the ILM and the CXC could have been possible for Saji if Ishi wouldn't have turn him into a sideline character

It would have been enough that Ajuka would have modified his pawns pieces as well and development his relantionship with Sona but I know that is too late for this
Regulus has the pawn pieces though. Instead of Sairaorg power up alone. I'm thinking both of them power up.
Old 2023-08-03, 08:12   Link #11134
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Regulus has the pawn pieces though. Instead of Sairaorg power up alone. I'm thinking both of them power up.
Yeah Regulus has pieces as well but from what we know they haven't get any modification by Ajuka yet. Maybe Ajuka would modified them cause Brekdown The Beast's power have influenced them like the JD did with Issei's pieces.

I think that if Sairoarg could get something it wouldn't be just cause Regulus's pieces, maybe it would be something about his Lion Taming's ability and the Touki.

Maybe it can be that the first generation Vapula is still alive and like Runeas is doing with Rias he or she could try to make Sairoarg stronger by teaching something about the Lion Taming's ability that could help in using better the Regulus's power.

For what concern the Touki maybe Indra could be satisfied enough by his fight with Sairoarg that could choice to reward him by giving him special training on the Touki under the guidance of Sun Wukong and Nehza.

I find more logical for his character that his safe alternative of Sairoarg to Breakdown The Beast should be something achieved through hard training and trying to better himself with what he already has instead of imitating Issei using pawns pieces.
Old 2023-08-06, 23:48   Link #11135
Lucidrago

Quote:
Yeah Regulus has pieces as well but from what we know they haven't get any modification by Ajuka yet. Maybe Ajuka would modified them cause Brekdown The Beast's power have influenced them like the JD did with Issei's pieces.

I think that if Sairoarg could get something it wouldn't be just cause Regulus's pieces, maybe it would be something about his Lion Taming's ability and the Touki.

Maybe it can be that the first generation Vapula is still alive and like Runeas is doing with Rias he or she could try to make Sairoarg stronger by teaching something about the Lion Taming's ability that could help in using better the Regulus's power.

For what concern the Touki maybe Indra could be satisfied enough by his fight with Sairoarg that could choice to reward him by giving him special training on the Touki under the guidance of Sun Wukong and Nehza.

I find more logical for his character that his safe alternative of Sairoarg to Breakdown The Beast should be something achieved through hard training and trying to better himself with what he already has instead of imitating Issei using pawns pieces.
Well Illegal Move: Triana and Cardinal Crimson Promotion were specifically unique to Issei because of factors like his pawn pieces being adjusted and the nature of his Boosted Gear. Sairaorg doesn't have evil pieces but rather Regulus does and there are most likely things Sairaorg can't do with Regulus because he's not an actual Longinus possessor like the rest of them. His relationship with Regulus is more akin to a contract with a familiar.

Sairaorg or Regulus have no long-range offensive capabilities as far as I've seen. And even if you had him promote to queen it would just be a massive power boost that is already typical to the Longinus and won't result in any unique changes like with Issei's Boosted Gear.

Besides Issei being the MC means certain power-ups are unique to him and him alone.

Sairaorg's last major fight is likely going to be against Insta because after that who's more powerful than him that he could take on. That's why Ishibumi threw him a bone and had him defeat Balberith by nerfing him. Sairaorg isn't winning against Indra and he's likely is at the end of the road as far as power-ups are concerned.

What point would there be in any potential power-uo if Sairaorg had no one to use it against? Ishibumi could just simply tweak the power of Sairaorg's Breakdown the Beast to have him fight Indra on somewhat even footing. Maybe by condensing the power of it and maintaining it longer.
Old 2023-08-07, 00:40   Link #11136
Dareal_truth

It's a really sad conclusion ise and Vali stopped feeling special
Dareal_truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-07, 05:10   Link #11137
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Sairaorg's last major fight is likely going to be against Insta because after that who's more powerful than him that he could take on.
Quote:
What point would there be in any potential power-uo if Sairaorg had no one to use it against?

I don't think that is fight with Indra would be his last one, also perhaps his fight again Indra could be even not so much longer that the one he has again Shooting Star.

The Malebranche that are 12 and Eevie that were said to be God Class and God Chief's level and Issei, Vali, Cao Cao and Tobio can't be anywhere in every time so Sairoarg could still have some important opponent.

Quote:
Ishibumi could just simply tweak the power of Sairaorg's Breakdown the Beast to have him fight Indra on somewhat even footing. Maybe by condensing the power of it and maintaining it longer.
I'm agree that he could do that.
Old 2023-08-07, 08:51   Link #11138
Xuanwu

Condensing the power, how? Are there other examples of similar power-ups in the novel? Genuinely confused.

I wouldn't mind one last powerup for Sairaorg against Indra, so he can reach Transcendental-class. But I don't know how he could reasonably reach that level cause Breakdown the Beast is the natural limit of Regulus.

So he indeed needs some other avenue to get stronger. Although I wouldn't like Sairaorg using a Malebranche.
Old 2023-08-07, 09:32   Link #11139
Lucidrago

Quote:
Condensing the power, how? Are there other examples of similar power-ups in the novel? Genuinely confused.

I wouldn't mind one last powerup for Sairaorg against Indra, so he can reach Transcendental-class. But I don't know how he could reasonably reach that level cause Breakdown the Beast is the natural limit of Regulus.

So he indeed needs some other avenue to get stronger. Although I wouldn't like Sairaorg using a Malebranche.
There was the training Sun Wukong did with Issei and Vali in Volume 17.

Ishibumi already bended the rules regarding Sacred Gears where Regulus is concerned just so Sairaorg could have a Longinus. Sairaorg and Regulus would have certain limits simply because Sairaorg isn't in reality a Longinus possessor in the typical sense and Regulus is a Longinus without a possessor. Breakdown the Beast is likely the cap of what they are capable of.
Old 2023-08-07, 10:14   Link #11140
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Although I wouldn't like Sairaorg using a Malebranche.
Using them would be again his character but in part he already have put his pride and his rule of using just his body aside when he accept to use Regulus's power.

The only possible case in which he could accept to use them could be when the life of his mother, half-brother and peerage's members would be in danger and The Breakdown The Beast's form is already show to don't be enough again his possible opponent.

Quote:
There was the training Sun Wukong did with Issei and Vali in Volume 17.
It can be, also considering that Sairoarg is a Touki user maybe Wukong could teach him something.