Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-25, 16:36   Link #21
DrFuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogSqdLdr View Post
Yeah nothing wrong with hoping he'll be a permanent member.

Before anyone became an "official" member, we learned about their dreams and any attachment/virtue that they struggled to leave behind.

But anyways, each character had something they were reluctant to give up/leave behind before they joined the Strawhats. In the end the appeal of how their dreams may be accomplished by joining the Strawhats won through and was enough motivation to look past any emotional baggage and attachment.

And each time the new characters watch the Strawhats battle, they think to themselves "With these guys, my dream will be able to come true. They have the strength to make it happen"

So, my conclusion is, before I'll get fairly close to accepting a new character as a crewmember of the Strawhats, their dreams and background will need to be revealed. I'll need to see how their dreams would fit in with joining the Strawhats too.
To be frank, that is not really a rule. The only TRUE rule to ONE PIECE is that nobody dies. Ever. Not when you get your chest opened up with a large hook. Not when you are severely frozen. Not when you get zapped multiple times with 2million volts of electricity. Not when you get hit in the face with a monster baseball bat. Not when you are not breathing for like 15 minutes.

Not even sitting on top of a nuke do you die.

Sure, everyone on straw hat's crew has gone through hell before joining, but this doesn't necesarily mean that every now and then someone will join without such a complex entry. Hell, maybe he does have a reason, but it will take a zillion episodes to figure out why (kinda like robin). For the time being, I am just terribly happy that an afro-wearing, perberted, gentleman skeleton that can poop is joining the crew!!!
Old 2007-01-25, 17:57   Link #22
Blackage

Anyone else thing Oda is messing with our heads?

Mus tbe because it took such a long time between recruiting Robin <----> Frankie.
Old 2007-01-25, 17:58   Link #23
Blackage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuko View Post
To be frank, that is not really a rule. The only TRUE rule to ONE PIECE is that nobody dies. Ever. Not when you get your chest opened up with a large hook. Not when you are severely frozen. Not when you get zapped multiple times with 2million volts of electricity. Not when you get hit in the face with a monster baseball bat. Not when you are not breathing for like 15 minutes.

Sure, everyone on straw hat's crew has gone through hell before joining, but this doesn't necesarily mean that every now and then someone will join without such a complex entry. Hell, maybe he does have a reason, but it will take a zillion episodes to figure out why (kinda like robin). For the time being, I am just terribly happy that an afro-wearing, perberted, gentleman skeleton that can poop is joining the crew!!!
I'm willing to bet because he's an Undead Skeleton he HAS indeed gone through some type of hell. =o
Old 2007-01-25, 18:12   Link #24
yuchan

This chapter is crazy. First we get Luffy throwing a shark into the aquarium then we get a skeleton with a afro. Only in Japanese comics.
Old 2007-01-25, 18:49   Link #25
gekko

only in one piece
Old 2007-01-25, 19:21   Link #26
tehapoc

he's a a perverted skeleton with an afro, why wouldn't he join the crew?
Old 2007-01-25, 21:28   Link #27
benjo

its the afro
Old 2007-01-26, 00:35   Link #28
S_C_L-1

wow, im confused!

Would any 1 know what the name "Brock" means in japanese? it might provide some insight into his character.
Old 2007-01-26, 04:10   Link #29
ShikaShika
無罪

His name is Brooke, and it's not a Japanese name.
Old 2007-01-26, 10:17   Link #30
RogSqdLdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuko View Post

Unless Oda explicitly states that "I won't kill anyone ( aside from what's shown in the flashbacks ) in One Piece", the no death rule is as unofficial as no crew member joining permanently before their background is shown with information like their motivations, dreams, fears, emotional attachments, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Oda mentioned the last name of a character may be placed at the beginning, middle or end of the full name. It's only something like that, that I'll consider it a rule.

But anyways, for all practical purposes, assuming that no one will die or no crew member can join permanently before their background is revealed should be fairly safe because Oda hasn't deviated from this as far as I can remember.
Old 2007-01-26, 16:17   Link #31
AtARUpt

his problably a character like vivi and the straw hats are going to help him... well dunno... can't wait to see what happens next!!!
Old 2007-01-26, 19:10   Link #32
puzzlestheonepieces
Banned

maybe he has a bone fruit or something

Last edited by puzzlestheonepieces; 2007-01-27 at 20:24.
Old 2007-01-26, 21:20   Link #33
Hikari no Clover

haha
i like this chapter~~~

first luffy throw a shark into aquarium

i also like that skeleton, i really hope he can join~~
Old 2007-01-27, 00:21   Link #34
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

I've never seen anything in OP as awesome as Brooke.

So. Manly.
Old 2007-01-27, 02:27   Link #35
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogSqdLdr View Post
Unless Oda explicitly states that "I won't kill anyone ( aside from what's shown in the flashbacks ) in One Piece", the no death rule is as unofficial as no crew member joining permanently before their background is shown with information like their motivations, dreams, fears, emotional attachments, etc.
It doesn't always happen in that particular order though... As was the case with Nami and Robin. Though I suppose they never "officially" joined at first.
Old 2007-01-27, 04:29   Link #36
shikamaru_kun
Thunder King

Wow... I just noticed that Brooke is really tall... Further enforcing the rule that no one dies - you have an undead guy right here

I wonder what he has on that ship of his...
Old 2007-01-27, 20:24   Link #37
puzzlestheonepieces
Banned

i wonder if he had a crew or something
Old 2007-01-27, 20:29   Link #38
puzzlestheonepieces
Banned

Bone Powers Like Marrow Maybe Thats What He Has
Old 2007-01-27, 22:29   Link #39
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

How about simply not dying?
Old 2007-01-28, 00:33   Link #40
ShikaShika
無罪

I don't see Brooke doing a lot of fighting honestly, I think he's mostly there for comical relief.
Closed Thread