GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Fine, sensory altering drug
It's just as gross

we those things in real life too
and it was still done without her consent

Look, slipping chemicals or whatever into someone's food/drink even if you intend something good is just wrong.
Especially if it's something that alters your perception in a way like that

//
Well he does apologize and feels bad about it afterwords and she is aware of what's going on, so yeah still think it's being blown out of proportion. People make misguided decisions with good intentions all the time in real life, god forbid if one does so in a game (if anything it shows a flawed character). It's not like the game is sending the message, "hey guys go out and just help everyone with their problems in whatever way you feel is best without telling them!"

Seriously this really shouldn't be that big a deal. Like if this was done in the context of a prank on the person and while unexpected both had a good laugh afterwords and didn't give a crud, then who cares in the long run. As long as both parties are unharmed and completely fine with the current situation (which happens in the game) whats the big flipping deal then. Also whats so gross about suddenly seeing men as women or vice versa? It's certainly no where near as gross as an actual bad drugging scenario.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 05:52   Link #482
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Actually, that wasn't the start of the complaints about this game, lol. The real reason why people were freaking out is the new "pet" feature and the fact that you can sort of undress characters down to underwear when doing their equip mode.

Not only that, but after you get S-rank with some of the characters... they talk back when you pet them.... and in some cases... it is quite... inappropriate...

I expect it all to get censored for the translated version, so I don't really get the problem, but I can see why such things inspired a ton of controversy because they took that marriage mechanic and pushed it really far. It was just that after that after people were criticizing this game for being over-sexualized, then they wanted to rag on the support conversations and them being not okay.

The support conversation from what I've read of a partial translation of it, is completely fine. It isn't gross or weird in any way, shape, or form. It was actually sort of cute.

But anyway, those are the real reasons why people were complaining about this game so much since it does have the highest age rating of any of the FE games so far... though it's only 15+ in Japan.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 07:14   Link #483
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Stupid problem being dragged on in the thread too long, but I'll just chime in and say to play the game yourself before complaining about grossness and whatever. I'd rather complain about the story right now, but hopefully the last couple of chapters will recover ever... nah.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 12:54   Link #484
shadow1296

the only thing they really need to censor is that (and lets be honest here) stupid support conversation the rest of the stuff would be okay if they let this game get the M on the rating of it and besides a lot of people already know that most that stuff exist do to the directs(not the dialogue in the amie thing but the rest) so taking the stuff out now would be a bad move on nintendo's part

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Stupid problem being dragged on in the thread too long, but I'll just chime in and say to play the game yourself before complaining about grossness and whatever. I'd rather complain about the story right now, but hopefully the last couple of chapters will recover ever... nah.
so what the problem with the story serenade

Last edited by shadow1296; 2015-07-06 at 13:13.
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 16:39   Link #485
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
so what the problem with the story serenade
Perhaps Hoshido's will be better (I'm kinda doing both at once, because depending on the skills of the Dark Falcon, I might want to wait for the release of the 3rd route and change Nyuks into the Dark Falcon temporarily to get its skills to create the ultimate Nyuks[?]), but as far as Nor goes, the story is...

Spoiler for spoiler:

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2015-07-07, 12:29   Link #486
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Someone finally wrote an article calling out the bullshit other "journalists" have been trying to stir up with Fates

http://www.destructoid.com/the-fire-...k-295232.phtml
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 15:34   Link #487
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
About that controversy, someone on tumblr take a 4chan tanslation of one support and blown it up big. Completely mistaken the meaning of the support for something very bad and destructoid and some other idiot click bait sites pick up the news from that tumblr user...
It sounds to me like the sites in question failed to exercise even basic journalistic principles. Did they check the accuracy of this translation? Did they cite source, or by omission imply its origin to be someplace authoritative? Next, having been called out on it, have they had the intestinal fortitude (as a Mr. Foley would put it) to eat crow and own up to their mistake?
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 17:01   Link #488
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

If there is one thing we can learn of this debacle, it's this: Never trust anything from Tumblr unless it comes from a official source.

And this video explains why.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-07-08, 00:50   Link #489
Key Board
Carbon

You see, this is the problem as I've said

you go gamergate and turn this into a conflict against tumblr and their idealogy

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 01:28   Link #490
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I'm not interested with the whole gamergate thing. I wouldn't touch that subject even with a 20 foot pole.

Plus what i said wasn't about Tumblr. It was about inaccurate and unconfirmed news that some users post without bothering to check if the information is real and accurate.
Old 2015-07-08, 01:31   Link #491
com_gwp

It's so incredibly weird to see the most objective and well researched article by far was the one to come out of Kotaku.

Then again, irrc, Brian and many of the staffers there loved awakening. It's terrible to see the new game mired in controversy like this.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 01:34   Link #492
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I'm not interested with the whole gamergate thing. I wouldn't touch that subject even with a 20 foot pole.

Plus what i said wasn't about Tumblr. It was about inaccurate and unconfirmed news that some users post without bothering to check if the information is real and accurate.
I'll put it in the nicest way. Your video was unnecessary.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 12:14   Link #493
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

So (for EXP), I unlocked Soleil's map and got her, but I really don't see the problem. (Not really that cute, but okay) Girl flirting on other girls? Magic powder? Where is the problem? Yuri and food for doujins, but that is a good thing, right? Taking it too serious. God may have forbidden romance between two people of the same gender, but he never said digital data could not.
"Enjoy" it instead (*´Д`)ハァハァ

Old 2015-07-08, 20:33   Link #494
shadow1296

third route trailer

Old 2015-07-08, 20:46   Link #495
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

^ ^ ^

Isn't there going to be two versions for sale, one route for each? How do you get the third route? By beating the two routes?
Old 2015-07-08, 21:05   Link #496
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
^ ^ ^

Isn't there going to be two versions for sale, one route for each? How do you get the third route? By beating the two routes?
3rd route is DLC only. You can also get the route from the version you didn't buy as DLC.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 21:17   Link #497
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
3rd route is DLC only. You can also get the route from the version you didn't buy as DLC.
So if I buy the 'for peace' route/version, I can get the 'for glory' route as DLC, you say? At a reduced price, right?

If so, sounds good. Nintendo making it friendlier on our wallets.

I plan on buying the white version, the 'for peace' one...and intend to play the second and third route.
Old 2015-07-08, 21:37   Link #498
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
So if I buy the 'for peace' route/version, I can get the 'for glory' route as DLC, you say? At a reduced price, right?

If so, sounds good. Nintendo making it friendlier on our wallets.

I plan on buying the white version, the 'for peace' one...and intend to play the second and third route.
The DLCs paths are all priced at 17-20 when you had a base version. So a total of 80 dollar combined. The dollar are converted from their yen price.
Old 2015-07-08, 22:14   Link #499
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Nintendo making it friendlier on our wallets..
If splitting a game into 3 pieces and charging (in total with 1 package + 2 DLC route) around 25 more dollars than a usual FE game can be considered so...

Old 2015-07-08, 22:22   Link #500
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
If splitting a game into 3 pieces and charging (in total with 1 package + 2 DLC route) around 25 more dollars than a usual FE game can be considered so...
Urzu 7 means friendlier than having to buy all 3 versions separately each at the full price.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, fire emblem