Confused Shark

^They did, I guess?
Not at that moment though
By the end of 2nd Arc
Skipped though so not know for sure

wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 11:11   Link #43
Rasty

^^^ That lower image is cool. And yeah, Kazuha is great, the way how she manages to look innocent and a bit clumsy while having everything prepared to the smallest detail is great. Also, she has no mercy when she gets angry.

Spoiler for small spoiler about Kazuha:

Spoiler for to first arc ending:

Last edited by Rasty; 2017-08-25 at 16:09.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 11:45   Link #44
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^In the 2nd arc it's revealed that the manipulating one has greater ambitions than simply money so maybe he just have to do that...

Author's netori heroines are great man~
Kazuha here and Sara-chan in Kokugensou

I wish Yaritsukai has characterization as good as this though...
Lots of characters and everyone has personalities

Last edited by wuhugm; 2017-08-24 at 12:40.
Old 2017-08-24, 12:07   Link #45
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Erotora, you said MC's best friend (trap) revived as girl? Is that true?
Old 2017-08-24, 12:40   Link #46
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Aye, this one :

Actually great "heroine"
Old 2017-08-24, 12:49   Link #47
sasuke706

Just wanted to say I'm disappointed with the Tiger for clarifying what the trap actually is.
Even if the author also added it to the novel tags, for whatever reason. Spoiler tags are the worst (which is why I hate the "Happy Ending" tag).
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 12:51   Link #48
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Happy ending tag?
Old 2017-08-24, 13:11   Link #49
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
Just wanted to say I'm disappointed with the Tiger for clarifying what the trap actually is.
Even if the author also added it to the novel tags, for whatever reason. Spoiler tags are the worst (which is why I hate the "Happy Ending" tag).
Nnn, aren't we all know it by now?
I mean all the raw readers here (whom read this and commented) already passed the 1st arc, so it's not spoiling anyone...

As for Happy Ending Tag... It's more like redundant? I hardly found any works that doesn't end with a Happy Ending...
Old 2017-08-24, 13:16   Link #50
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Erm... NTR story always end with bad ending
Old 2017-08-24, 13:16   Link #51
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^^You're spoiling me. >.<
Like, seriously, I should stop coming on this topic until I read it. (so, for a long time)
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-24, 13:22   Link #52
Rasty

^ Actually me too, but I was expecting it from the tag. And there are quite many bad novels that do not end with a happy ending, like half the heroines dying in the middle of the work. I actually do not think that the "happy ending" tag is a spoiler, it doesn't say too much and the tag in this has a "?" mark so it can be taken as a pure joke.
Old 2017-08-24, 13:49   Link #53
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^
^
What!? I'M SO SORRYYYY!!!
But you know, it's the process that matters imho in this case, I think that's why author put the tag too.
You should see how MC treats his friend

Also Rinvelt, you should read this
This is like a combination of Nagaikoto and RCO if the MC actually does kill people

Btw, in the LN version, the "town" has NPCs

Old 2017-08-24, 14:06   Link #54
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
And there are quite many bad novels that do not end with a happy ending, like half the heroines dying in the middle of the work. I actually do not think that the "happy ending" tag is a spoiler, it doesn't say too much and the tag in this has a "?" mark so it can be taken as a pure joke.
Having a happy ending tag is like saying all the drama, bullshit or whatever throughout the novel—if there is any at all—doesn't matter.
You might say, but most novels have happy endings anyway, because authors have no balls. Well, you're right. But that 1-2% doubt that it just might not be a happy ending is important because the unknown is what messes with people the most. By making that unknown possibility of a non-happy ending into a known guarantee of a happy ending, everything becomes trivial because the power of friendship or whatever other bullshit will just power through it, and you know that gets to happen beforehand so you may as well just skip the stupid drama. It's not the destination that's important, it's the goddamn journey. They're writing because they want the readers to read the story as a whole, not read the story because it has the ending that won't piss them off. The tagging system is supposed to lure people in to read the work and highlight the main focuses throughout it, not tell them everything about it before they start.
It's failing as a writer before even writing.

Besides, "happy endings" vary from person to person anyway.
One author will consider the protagonist not dying horribly a "happy ending" and another will consider the protagonist ascending to godhood to be that.
Like I'm sure a lot of us wouldn't consider a "harem's" happy ending being the group of morons moving on to their second year of school after a year of chaos, then bam, that's all folks.
Old 2017-08-24, 14:22   Link #55
Rasty

^ But exactly this uncertainty makes the "happy ending" tag nonspoilerish. Like most people would consider TnYnN (Tate...) to have a happy ending, yet the best heroine goes and dies in the middle (I have actually stopped reading it a dozen chapters before the ending, so I don't know how it ends, but whatever). And you can guess the way the series will go just from the writing style.
I think the author of this one added the 女の娘(親友TS化) tag because people might get repulsed too soon by the strong BL/trap vibes, and that seriously can be considered a joke (I thought it is when I started reading)
Old 2017-08-24, 15:02   Link #56
sasuke706

But Tate Yuusha doesn't use the happy ending tag, even if it is a happy ending.
Yes having the tag can end up being misleading, but it's overall just better to not have it — there's no reason for it.
Hell, precisely because someone important dies and stays dead (lol) you could argue that it's a bittersweet ending, or not a complete happy ending.

The thing with the best friend is the author kept Seki's gender in question throughout the fist arc.
Hell, the author even said that after the first arc, he hadn't actually decided what to do with the whole gender thing there in the first place.
So Seki's gender was literally Schrodinger's Cat for a long time.

I get some elements in novels can trigger people or whatever, and identifying those is important (probably). But he shouldn't have decided to ruin that element for new readers.
Hell, didn't the Kino no Tabi author drop the English publication over that issue or something? Revealing Kino's gender way earlier than intended, I mean (understandably so since working around that stuff in English is extremely awkward).
Besides, the protagonist isn't gay, just Seki-sexual. It's like being attracted to Hideyoshi in Baka Test; perfectly normal.
Old 2017-08-24, 16:15   Link #57
Rasty

^ There was little to question about his original gender. Firstly he was a male student in the school (and the school should know his gender) and secondly the MC bathed with him, looked under his towel and even directly noted that as much as it is surprising he HAS it so... nothing to doubt there. And at one moment there is even a mention that there is no gender changing item.

But you know, if you look at the MC's behavior through the first arc he acts exactly as a gay in denial. He is surrounded by girls that are clearly trying to get into his pants, yet he doesn't think much more than that they are annoying, yet when it comes to Seki he clearly gets drawn to him (much more than all the girls in Seki's party combined) even going on about him having lovely body scent and such... it would be only logical to consider this Fujoshi Shousetsu without the tag.
Old 2017-08-24, 23:01   Link #58
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
The thing with the best friend is the author kept Seki's gender in question throughout the fist arc.
Hell, the author even said that after the first arc, he hadn't actually decided what to do with the whole gender thing there in the first place.
So Seki's gender was literally Schrodinger's Cat for a long time.
Both the TS and Harem Tags were only recently added.
The first time I found this those tags and like half of the existing tags didn't exist

But like Rasty said, Seki's original gender was made certain quite early in the 1st Arc

I guess author thought that the tags would attract more readers compared to if it made remained mysteries.

Also with Happy Ending Tag
This actually means there will be some bad stuffs in the story, maybe really really bad
So authors assure the readers that this will not be completely Do-M experience and at the very least the MC and choosen heroine will have happy ending
Old 2017-08-24, 23:18   Link #59
sasuke706

^
^^I could've sworn it was a he tried to peak under the towel, but was left vague enough to not actually be confirmed. You know, how water and steam generally fucks with visibility.
Although it's also been 2 years so I could just be misremembering, and there was the thing with Lyle-sensei being a hermaphrodite.

The happy ending tag doesn't guarantee that there will be drama. All it means is it'll have a happy ending.
Meaning it goes hand-in-hand with your beloved "stress-free" tag, Tiger.
You might think that the most reasonable situation to have such a tag would be if there were a lot of rough events in the novel, but that assumes the average Narou user knows how to properly tag their work (they don't).
Hell, a lot of people are struggling with just the genre categorization. Plus I see a decent bit of novels where their idea of drama is the MC -almost- losing some fight one time or other equally mundane concepts that instantly solve themselves.

As a side note, Narou appears to be shitting itself.
Old 2017-08-24, 23:28   Link #60
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^I just read in the last few days so yes I clearly remember that Wataru saw Seki's dick

Well, works with "Happy Ending" tags mostly mediocre or worse so haven't read many of them
But yea, it might or might not have dramas, or even maybe author thinks it's drama when it's not lol~
As for narou authors not knowing how to properly tag their work, I completely agree
One reason be, we have many MC TS to be a girl, and then having a harem of GIRLS, yet no yuri tag!
Motherfuc... that is without a doubt yuri, why treats it as normal harem!?

As a side note, I hate stress-free!

Tags
action, harem, job system, no stats, not dead when killed, proficiency level, romance