AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-05-18, 05:50   Link #81
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Decode Talker is a Link-3 monster with a requirement of "2 or more Effect Monsters". Two conditions must be met:
1) The requirement must be met
2) The Link value met by adding together the Link values of the materials, for non-Link Monters, this is always 1, for Link monsters it’s either 1 or its own Link value

So Decode Talker can be summoned using either 3 Effect Monsters, or 1 Effect Monster and 1 Link-2 Effect Monster.

Also, there's an important distinction: Link Materials aren't Tributes, they merely get Sent to the graveyard. This is the same for the other Summon methods except for Ritual (and Tribute, obviously).
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-18, 06:43   Link #82
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
So Speed Duel is basically... It's just Duel Link but in VR space with surfboard? Feel like this anime is what Konami aims to turn Duel Link into in the future lol

The Link Effect with bridge links is quite interesting and so does Link Summon. I don't get why in the anime and the video said minimum of 2 effect monster to summon Decode Talker if they r gonna tribute 3???
Link Monster can be used as material for summon other link monster. If the Link number is 1 its value equal to 1 monster, 2 = 2 monsters, 3 = 3 monsters and so on.....

Decode Talker is Link -3 so, it normally uses three effect monsters to summon. However, you can use one Link-2 monster and one other effect monster to fullfil its summon condition (2+1= 3)

but......wait, does this mean you can summon Decode Talker by using only one Link-3 monsters since its value equal to 3 monsters??

Answer = No Why? because it summon condition says "minimum of 2 effect monsters" so you must use at least 2 monster to summon it.
Old 2017-05-18, 07:04   Link #83
ImperialFlameGod8190

I must confess as i watched the episode it was flashy it was fun but i feel like i need way more. Maybe it's because i've seen so many great duels over the years but i found it lacking. Especially his "Skill"meh it'll grow on me i guess

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-18, 11:02   Link #84
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The "Skill" system is something they came up with to justify the hero obtaining powerful new cards mid-battle.
Old 2017-05-18, 11:12   Link #85
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Yeah, I think an access to a Skill once per duel is a good restriction because in Arc V Action cards were initial a good idea but eventual became counters to every other move between the 2 duelists in my opinion.
Old 2017-05-18, 12:13   Link #86
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
The "Skill" system is something they came up with to justify the hero obtaining powerful new cards mid-battle.
basically it's heart of the cards. Sure i'm used to it but it's one of those... come on guys be serious

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-18, 12:20   Link #87
Marina2

From OP

Yusaku = green
Revolver = Red
Go = Yellow
Aoi = Blue
Emma is probably purple
Who is orange?

Old 2017-05-18, 12:32   Link #88
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Remember in 5Ds all the signers weren't introduced in the 1st couple of episodes so I would expect that all the kids will be the same. I say that Yusaku, Revolver, Go and Aoi are 4 of 6 because of the transforming into the coloured lights in the op and the final 2 will introduced later down the line.
Old 2017-05-18, 13:09   Link #89
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I liken the Skill system less to Action Cards and more to that whole thing where Yuya was able to pull entirely new cards out of his ass whenever he went psycho.
Old 2017-05-18, 17:00   Link #90
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I liken the Skill system less to Action Cards and more to that whole thing where Yuya was able to pull entirely new cards out of his ass whenever he went psycho.
i also dsiliked that new "skill" rule, basically a way of "cheat and create a sort of personnal rule for game like i can draw 2 cards instead of 1, or i can pull overpowered monsters from others places, this is even more unbalanced that was the action cards on arc-v.

the new mechanics seen pretty op and the new link summon is really pretty dirt, as the mc he looks fine, this serie look more like the 5d which i honestly disliked, for me was the "worst yu-gi-oh" serie on overal, because feel really weird which all the bike duel them they bring it again in a "surf way", the others 2 main casters, like the guy with a weird cone head and the main girl looked pretty weak and bad on the beginner hope they improve.

so far i gonna follow it around a while before decide if it is really bad or no.
Old 2017-05-18, 18:33   Link #91
Marina2

Skill is way more balance than action cards

Action cards - Writer can make any character get any card that can do anything at anytime. when Yuya pick up the card that card that increase attack, make him dodge attack etc.

Skill - We know which character has which skill. When Yusaku uses his skill we always know what he will do and he can only use it when his LP is lower than 1000. He can't just used his skill and it turns out to be "I can dodge attack" like how it was with action card. There is also a limit of how many time can it can be used per duel.

...And Yugioh MCs has been pulling out new card out of nowhere since Duel Monster. It is nothing new. At least this time there is the rule when he can do it.
Old 2017-05-19, 02:06   Link #92
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
i also dsiliked that new "skill" rule, basically a way of "cheat and create a sort of personnal rule for game like i can draw 2 cards instead of 1, or i can pull overpowered monsters from others places, this is even more unbalanced that was the action cards on arc-v.

the new mechanics seen pretty op and the new link summon is really pretty dirt, as the mc he looks fine, this serie look more like the 5d which i honestly disliked, for me was the "worst yu-gi-oh" serie on overal, because feel really weird which all the bike duel them they bring it again in a "surf way", the others 2 main casters, like the guy with a weird cone head and the main girl looked pretty weak and bad on the beginner hope they improve.

so far i gonna follow it around a while before decide if it is really bad or no.
Once again, it's not as OP as you think. It's just the hero's plot armor being turned into a game mechanic.
Old 2017-05-19, 04:13   Link #93
Fairy Water

Seriously guys, play the goddam game and get familiar with the 'skill' thing. It's quite advantageous for both sides so it comes out as balance anyway.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 07:18   Link #94
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
Seriously guys, play the goddam game and get familiar with the 'skill' thing. It's quite advantageous for both sides so it comes out as balance anyway.
I don't think the OCG/TCG has a skill feature. Skill is anime only.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 07:55   Link #95
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It most definitely is. But both sides get one so idk why it'd be 'op'.
Old 2017-05-19, 08:35   Link #96
Stro

Speed Duel is the same duel format you have in Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links, so Konami use VRAINS to promote the mobile game making Speed Duels important. In Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links skills also exist.
Stro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 09:36   Link #97
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

While what you say is most likely true, it also seems that the Speed Duel format actually predates Duel Links.

I wonder if Duel Links will eventually start using the upgraded rules.

Too bad that the Speed Duel format doesn't really allow for Pendulum. I mean, I'm not much of a Pendulum user, but I always kinda feel bad when a feature goes unused.
Old 2017-05-19, 09:39   Link #98
Blueknight78

the action card types is limited, like for the whole serie if i counted like more than 10 (20 at best) was much, while the skill basically can be "anything", each player can create your own skill, while the action card where limited and not could "save every, sometimes they picked action card which could not be used or they also could be negated" since they where "magic cards" then you could counter them, while so far skill looks like something which can't be counted since is not a card and a "cheat rule" which you can pull out of nowhere.

imagine how insane OP skill can be if not limited, could easy be the most broken mechanic in a "game card ever" you create your own rule, imagine the guy create a rule "like i can put down all my monsters on this turn without pay any cost or some other crazy rules, so far the only real limit of a skill is just the wirter imagination,, so far we don't have any rule saying what the skill can't do, which is what disturb me.
Old 2017-05-19, 10:46   Link #99
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't see the problem. Both players get a Skill. I don't see how this is "OP".
Old 2017-05-19, 11:10   Link #100
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
the action card types is limited, like for the whole serie if i counted like more than 10 (20 at best) was much, while the skill basically can be "anything", each player can create your own skill, while the action card where limited and not could "save every, sometimes they picked action card which could not be used or they also could be negated" since they where "magic cards" then you could counter them, while so far skill looks like something which can't be counted since is not a card and a "cheat rule" which you can pull out of nowhere.

imagine how insane OP skill can be if not limited, could easy be the most broken mechanic in a "game card ever" you create your own rule, imagine the guy create a rule "like i can put down all my monsters on this turn without pay any cost or some other crazy rules, so far the only real limit of a skill is just the wirter imagination,, so far we don't have any rule saying what the skill can't do, which is what disturb me.
What you said about skill was also true for action card you know? but Skill is action card done right and a well- thought idea. Let me explain..

During ARC-V there are many time that Yuya would lose but if you are the writer you can just "Oh, let make him pick up a card that say "dodge damage" - Next, Yuuya monster is about to get destroy by card effect? let make him pick up a card that says "monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effect" Now let make Yuya attack his opponent to win...but won't that too easy? Ok, I will make His opponent notices that there is a card next to him on the floor and pick it up which turn out to be "dodge" but I will make Yuya run to pick up another card that say "Cancel other action card effect" and Yuya win!

>>> That's what is bad about action card, Writer can make up anything, anytime, many times in each duel. Viewer can't even predict what will happen next. Only true limit is the length of episode or else thing will go endless.

In skill case, We will know which characters have what skill(s) and when can it can be used. For example: Yusaku can only use his skill when his LP is less than 1000, If his LP is about to go down from 2000 > 0 , we will know for sure that he can't use his skill to save himself. Of course, the show can introduce new skill for him to save himself at that point but next time we will also know about his new skill and can predict how he will use his skills in duel and what are their limitation, etc.

>> Skill have rule and it is predictable by viewer, unlike action card that can be endless spamming by writer. That is the most improvement over action card. IMO.

Last edited by Marina2; 2017-05-19 at 11:21.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
card game, yu-gi-oh! series