AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-11-01, 01:28   Link #5201
Aquaman OS

If you're just going to argue semantics about how you aren't going to touch points you apparently don't have an answer for, then you're wasting everyone's time, and showing your own poor sportsmanship.

Or to be blunt you're basically putting your fingers in your ears and saying "La la, can't hear you." Which does not in fact, make you right. In fact that means you lose by default.

So stop wasting our time.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 01:34   Link #5202
Destined_Fate

Oh, I already have a post set up for every point from that post just like I have addressed every other post so far in great detail. I just see no reason to post it or to continue the conversation with him/her until I'm assured that future post made by him/her isn't as offensive as that one after my request that the offensiveness be toned down(There's no excuse for his/her post being in that way especially when he/she could have cleaned it up and posted what you posted from the get go which I would have addressed if it was in that state).

Quite simply I have no obligation to continue conversing with someone that has ignored my requests to tone the offensive/sarcastic undertones down which(as you literally just proved) weren't needed at all and were only meant to be offensive and poke jabs at me. Perhaps you could take a page from my book concerning situations like since you clearly don't like me? After all, nothing says you have to address anything I say and you could just put me on ignore considering our history.

So really, you don't have anything to go by with that assumption since I've already proven that I can back all of my points and have already done so numerous times in the past few pages alone on this subject.

And no, I'm not doing that. I already said what was required before I would acknowledge any of that posters points in their latest post. As I've already asked them to tone it down and they ignored my request so I will ignore them until they show me the same respect I showed them.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 01:45   Link #5203
Aquaman OS

I don't "hate" you. I disagree with your views in every single way, but its entirely possible for two sides of a fanbase not to hate people with differing views. This might be a shock to you.

I am however, getting irritated at you becoming a poor sport about things when the debate wasn't going your way.

But seeing as you want me to just put you on ignore (which I won't) I guess this debate is over.

Seeing as how you are making no further attempt to defend your views beyond stating you aren't going to defend yourself because you don't like peoples mild sarcasm and telling everyone disagreeing with you to go away, then you have effectively lost this debate.

End of story.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 01:46   Link #5204
Admiral Larsen

This reminds me of the bad old days when SEED first showed on television and then followed by SEED Destiny. For those that had been on other forums during those days will understand what I mean.
Admiral Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 01:53   Link #5205
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
I don't "hate" you. I disagree with your views in every single way, but its entirely possible for two sides of a fanbase not to hate people with differing views. This might be a shock to you.

I am however, getting irritated at you becoming a poor sport about things when the debate wasn't going your way.

But seeing as you want me to just put you on ignore (which I won't) I guess this debate is over.

Seeing as how you are making no further attempt to defend your views beyond stating you aren't going to defend yourself because you don't like peoples mild sarcasm and telling everyone disagreeing with you to go away, then you have effectively lost this debate.

End of story.
Good, it's about time you accepted things even if you have this all wrong. Clearly you missed the point where I already said I have all his points addressed and I'm waiting for him/her to man/woman up and show me the same respect I've shown him/her if I'm to continue addressing their points.

Thus far they have made no such gesture or good will and I wont address their point(s) yet just because you cleaned it up for them(Without them asking) since that means nothing since I'm more than positive their next post will be exactly the same as the unedited version of their latest post and nothing will have change. Quite frankly I don't wish to converse with such a person(Whom I find offensive) nor am I obligated to since I've already adequately defended all my points multiple times already. However if they tone down the offensiveness I will acknowledge their points and address them, until than I will not nor am I obligated to.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 07:12   Link #5206
james0246

Things are getting a little heated in here again. Please calm down before a I/we have to make you .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 17:06   Link #5207
Kurohane

After watching episode 45, I am reminded of how Rau was the greatest Gundam Seed villain. Very few could get the Earth Forces and Plants to destroy each other as effective and innovative as he did.
Old 2012-11-01, 17:48   Link #5208
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
After watching episode 45, I am reminded of how Rau was the greatest Gundam Seed villain. Very few could get the Earth Forces and Plants to destroy each other as effective and innovative as he did.
I agree. The much younger me didn't really understand the character back in 2003, but now I do. His dialogue is well written and I really understand where he is coming from, his envy and hatred of humanity makes sense. However, I still think his character could have been more fleshed out if the writers revealed his true intentions a little sooner in the show.. sure he would have been less of a mysterious character but they would have had more time to explore his point of few.
Old 2012-11-01, 19:18   Link #5209
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I always thought that Rau’s goal is developed from the Frost Brothers from Gundam X. The similarity is that they’re not being normal humans and they hate humanity as is. Their final goals are similarly to wipe out most or all of the humans by making them fight each other and then they will take out the rest.
Old 2012-11-01, 19:21   Link #5210
Auron Requies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Hear Hear. Though it would have been nice to know the details of how he knew this much knowledge (Eg. Was he told by Al Da Flaga? Did he find documents then went bats**t crazy? etc.).

I'm still having fingers crossed for Perfect Strike appearance one more time, but since Mu's launched in the Aile, doesn't look promising. But one can hope.
Auron Requies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 19:35   Link #5211
tetsuo69

i somehow wanted rau to come back in destiny.
Old 2012-11-01, 19:41   Link #5212
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

In SEED's original run, the Strike Dagger appeared in epksode 37. But in the remaster, it was changed tovepisode 35. Why?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 19:49   Link #5213
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
In SEED's original run, the Strike Dagger appeared in epksode 37. But in the remaster, it was changed tovepisode 35. Why?
Lack of recap episodes.
Old 2012-11-01, 20:00   Link #5214
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Yup, SEED Remaster removed two recap episodes (God bless the soul of whoever came up with this idea ).
Old 2012-11-01, 20:02   Link #5215
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69 View Post
i somehow wanted rau to come back in destiny.
He did, didn't he? Just like Mu.

Of course he nearly wasn't as cool. Ahh Rey, you don't live up to your predecessor.

Rau is pretty much my favorite Char clone.Having more than enough skill to fool ZAFT into believing he was a Coordinator. Playing both the Earth Alliance and ZAFT to destroy each other. Manipulating the leaders of both into doing his bidding. Playing them like puppets.

And yet his rage about how the sins of mankind that resulted in his creation and how he was merely an experiment to help form in his eyes, the culmination of man's evil, the Ultimate Coordinator Kira Yamato provides understanding into his logic.

His suffering seems to almost legitimize his cause. The scene where he desperately tries to swallow his pills while Flay is watching humanizes him. And the fact that he is able to bark out orders and direct Flay right after exhibits his dedication to his goal.

It's kind of sad that such a great man uses his talents for destruction, reminiscent of Char.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 20:39   Link #5216
ingram1106

According to Fukuda, CE's Char clone is Athrun.
Although his hair is not blond and the not wearing mask.everyone gets the mistake wrong.Therefore, Rau is not Char clone.

Last edited by ingram1106; 2012-11-01 at 20:55.
ingram1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 20:44   Link #5217
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingram1106 View Post
Although his hair is not blond and the not wearing mask.everyone gets the mistake wrong.Therefore, Rau is not Char clone.
There can be more than one Char clone in a show.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 20:45   Link #5218
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingram1106 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
There can be more than one Char clone in a show.
And Fukuda's backpedaled and not known what the hell he was talking about anyway.
Old 2012-11-01, 21:09   Link #5219
Zeydra
A random passerby

I am laughing so much at that video of Rey. Rey was actually a kind of cool character until he started spouting that sort of thing too.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 22:42   Link #5220
quagmire

No awesome Providence vs Perfect Strike. Latest episode is out and Mwu launched using the Aile Strike. Plot destroyed again....

Also for the people hoping for the Rouge IWSP to get animated, it does not. Launches using Aile.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep