5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 5.71%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-07-29, 00:18   Link #121
cyberdemon

I have a guess on how the whole nuke thing played out. Windermere independence forces weren't supposed to have a nuke which makes me think that the one who gave it to them was probably Epsilon as a medium for UN people while the independence group was also working with them (guessing Roid was one of them). Epsilon then tipped off Hayate's father to it's existence and he went to try to quietly keep it from being used because if he told others he was afraid that might attack in full force and the independence group would use it.

However it was a ploy by the 3 sides and Hayate's father likely became the first victim of the VAR as a test subject by the group that he was trying to negotiate with. My guess is that they intended for him to use the bomb on the ruins to bring them about like those UN guys later did on Ragna. However their control was weak due to lack of knowledge on how to fully harness the VAR so he resisted to an extent and tried to drop the bomb as far as he could manage from civilian groups. While it still killed many, it saved many more who would have gotten caught if he dropped it on the ruin.

They failed to use it on the ruin but the anger it caused the Windermereans gave them an excuse to keep testing the ruins and developing the use of the VAR which developed into the situation that we see today.
Old 2016-07-29, 03:31   Link #122
Thess

The nuke was brought there by the NUNS. That's why they covered up with a lie because they did something illegal and against their own legislation. And based on what the Windermere manga is telling us...
Spoiler for not sure if this is a spoiler because most likely will be revealed next episode:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2016-07-29 at 03:42.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-29, 12:29   Link #123
darkplatform

So Hayate's father was the first infected with Var? I feel it would make a better revelation trying to prove him innocent just to find out he did it of his own volition at the end.

How does the Var mind control even works in detail, has the manga explain it yet?
darkplatform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-29, 12:53   Link #124
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkplatform View Post
So Hayate's father was the first infected with Var? I feel it would make a better revelation trying to prove him innocent just to find out he did it of his own volition at the end.

How does the Var mind control even works in detail, has the manga explain it yet?
Interviews and post Voldor episode elaborates Fold Bacteria growth due to Seidznole being the reason for Var. Only recently that Kaos noticed Biological Fold Waves used by Windermere cause Var victims to go berserk or be under mind control.

Note Vajra use V-Type Fold Bacteria for their hivemind. Macross Galaxy's hivemind implant plan isn't really a group mentality but one or several persons controlling the entire network.

Grace sad something along the lines they are accomplishing what the Protoculture could not.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-29, 18:31   Link #125
Father Hentai

Spoiler for Just speculation:
Old 2016-07-29, 20:21   Link #126
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Spoiler for Just speculation:
Spoiler for Macross Extra:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2016-07-29 at 20:31.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote