Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-26, 23:42   Link #1261
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Higurashi had one overarching plot element, solving the mystery and stopping the tragedy, with smaller themes like trust and friendship within, but you've apparently enjoyed that story.

Now nearly all eroges that let you "get a girl" consist of one-shot arcs, one for each character. How much is packed into that one-shot arc depends from game to game, but they're all still one-shot arcs regardless, and Kono Aozora is one of them. So is Kanon, but you apparently enjoy that story.

If you want games with a really solid central story that all the individual character paths orbit around, Prism Ark is the most current example I can think of. Kanon's is about Yuiichi recovering his lost childhood memories, but that's more of a setting rather than an actual plot.

So "Multi-layered is more than one overarching plot element or theme to the story." doesn't really tell me a lot either.

And your high school experience was a "blast?" Then relinquish all hope ye strange one, for if high school was fun enough for you to actually enjoy it and call it a "blast" then there's no hope of any high school-based anime or game meeting your expectations.

Now to address everyone else:

Rinna is the one you want (reddish short-haired in the front of right pic), although it's hard to call her tsundere since she's really tsun in the beginning, then is neutral, then gets dere later on, but only in her character arc. For everyone else's she's just cool after her tsun phase ends.

Spoiler for My description, inferior to ayyo's:

EDIT: I direct you all to ayyo's Kono Aozora thread, as obviously his skill in description is superior to mines.

Is the story deep? It's deeper than To Heart 2, for sure. Definetly deeper than the Tsuyokiss anime. The anime of Da Capo is a little better than it. Prism Ark is deeper than both Kono Aozora and Da Capo. Kanon is just as deep as Prism Ark but in a different way (Kanon is a small-scale human drama, Prism Ark is a fantasy epic).
You answered the question for yourself. The multi-layer thing is only a qualifier for me in a series where the main theme is High School drama. I like a sub theme with my High School Drama or Moe series to make it more interesting (They tend to get really boring very quickly like monster of the week shows. UNLESS they break the each girl gets on arc they disappear and then reappears for the finale formula. Then it can be really interesting if meladramatic. It's the same deal too often with girl of the month [4 episodes or less]).

If I'm going to watch a dating show or high school drama than the characters damn well better be present at the same time more than once in the series to develop there relationships with each other and the hero. With To Heart 2 and Shuffle! you could go episodes without seeing one of the heroines and suddenly they would reappear when its their. It felt sometimes like the character was slipping through alternate universes where only one girl existed at a time.

Maybe it wasn't quite that bad, but I've blocked a lot of it out. They have been getting better at the whole making the Moe/Dating thing interesting to my tastes lately though.

What is this Setanohanoyome show though. I seem to have lost my colour spectrum when I view the website, but it comes back whenever I leave the page. Odd.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 11:13   Link #1262
Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Mikuru Moe Overload

Send a message via MSN to Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Hmm, thanks a lot for the info Shinova. Sounds like a relaxing watch, depending on how it will turn out, hopefully not like Tsuyokiss. I was so anticipating it after ayyo's posts on his blog, but then the first episode came out and I went... well, slient. Gave up after the second episode orz.

As for Seto no Hanayome, I just read the manga and I'll say one thing... BEST EVER COMEDY MANGA in a while. every page, yes almost every page, had me laughing my ass off, not to mention San-chan is kawaii desu~~. I'll be hoping the anime turns out well.
Old 2007-01-27, 12:13   Link #1263
NeoSam

Broadcast date of some anime:

Kaze no Stigma
Broadcast: April 2007

Over Drive

Nanatsuiro★Drops
http://www.nanatsuiro.com/
Broadcast: July 2007
Old 2007-01-27, 16:29   Link #1264
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
Broadcast date of some anime:

Kaze no Stigma

Over Drive

Nanatsuiro★Drops
http://www.nanatsuiro.com/
Broadcast: July 2007
Man I love how you give the link for Nanatsuiro (hmm cute girls ) and then the other series.... Action series... , NO LINK FOR YOU!

Well Kaze no Stigma that's all I could find of the series. The main heroine seems to be all like "I've got a sword aha aha ahahahahah!" Scaaaaaaaaaaary.....
Old 2007-01-27, 17:05   Link #1265
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Man I love how you give the link for Nanatsuiro (hmm cute girls ) and then the other series.... Action series... , NO LINK FOR YOU!
LOL, no official anime sites have opened for those (yet).

I mentioned those three anime because their broadcast date have been recently mentioned on MoonPhase.
Old 2007-01-27, 18:42   Link #1266
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Hmmm, Kaze no Stigma looks pretty interesting. The pic reminds me of Shakugan no Shana.

And did you see the thread for the upcoming JEEG 2000 series, Kai?
Old 2007-01-28, 00:28   Link #1267
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Hmmm, Kaze no Stigma looks pretty interesting. The pic reminds me of Shakugan no Shana.

And did you see the thread for the upcoming JEEG 2000 series, Kai?
Ban bababa ban Ba banbanban ba ban

Ban bababa ban Ba banban

Ore ga yame tara (ban ba ban)

Dare ga yaru no ka (ban ba ban)

Ima ni miteru HANIWA genjin zenmetsu da

The thing about Cactus Jeeg (I swear it looks like one) is it is really best as a support unit in Alpha and Alpha 3. I've always wanted to see it though as the idea of a Cyborg turning into the head of a unit is kind of cool. Something was mentioned a while back about a possible Megazone 23 Part IV as well.
Old 2007-01-28, 01:18   Link #1268
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Something was mentioned a while back about a possible Megazone 23 Part IV as well.
Bring on Layzner, Yamato, and Dragonar 2000!
Old 2007-01-28, 05:11   Link #1269
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Bring on Layzner, Yamato, and Dragonar 2000!
Okay I actually own dragonar so I don't need a remake. Though if its a sequel I'm good.
Old 2007-01-28, 05:14   Link #1270
NeoSam

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
New Slayers Movie To Become DVD BOX Exclusive
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to the March issue of Dragon Magazine, buyers of all 3 Japanese R2 Slayers TV series DVD-BOX sets will get a disc containing a completely new Slayers feature with theatrical quality animation. The story will focus on a love romance in the southern islands between Lina and Gourry. Megumi Hayashibaru's song 'MEET AGAIN' will be the theme.
Quote:
Anime / Manga Misc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More from the March issue of Dengeki G's Magazine: Unison Shift announced Nanatsuiro Drops will see a July TV broadcast debut. Bandai Visual revealed their assocation to the Sola TV Anime project. Star Child says they are working on a completely original science fiction concept work. Media Factory will begin developing PC games based on popular manga after the summer, 2007. GN Software will adapt their Castle Phantasy games series to various other media including manga. Avex Entertainment's Sister of Wellber will get a manga adaptation starting in the April edition of Comic Blade, Original story by BOYAKASHA and illustration by: Kouken Naruse, story cooperation by Atsushi Maekawa. Princess software is going to adapt a number of its works to manga this year. Pony Canyon is working on remaking an undisclosed "former robot animation masterpiece".
Quote:
New Trailers
New video previews have gone up for Sgt. Frog Movie 2, the AyuMayu Theater OVA and Sunrise's Idolmaster Xenoglossia TV series.
Old 2007-01-28, 18:53   Link #1271
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Okay I actually own dragonar so I don't need a remake. Though if its a sequel I'm good.
I own it too, but I still want a remake. Don't tell me you weren't happy about the release of the Zeta movies. (even if they aren't really as good as the TV series)

A sequel is good too, of course.
Old 2007-01-28, 19:17   Link #1272
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
I own it too, but I still want a remake. Don't tell me you weren't happy about the release of the Zeta movies. (even if they aren't really as good as the TV series)

A sequel is good too, of course.
I'm going to be honest I haven't seen them yet. I have the series and I don't like the Gackt music at all (It's could not have fit worse with Zeta). I really have no interest in compilation movies (except for Tobe Gundam, Soldiers of Sorrow and Encounters in Space, which are the actual canon now as far as I can tell), especially when they are non-canon. I mean is anyone going to accept this as canon and that ZZ Gundam never happened and hence Char's Counterattack, F91 and Victory.
Old 2007-01-28, 23:11   Link #1273
solomon

What's this I Hear about Layzner and Yamato?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 23:49   Link #1274
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
What's this I Hear about Layzner and Yamato?
Nothing. Just us repressed mecha fans who's getting estatic at the recent SLEW of new mecha animes from remakes to sequels to reimaginations to new series altogether, especially more so on the old mecha stuff being revived back in one form or another like VOTOMs, Dancougar, GR and now JEEG. And since the industry keep one-upping us, (( if someone told me Dancougar, JEEG, GR and VOTOMs were getting their franchise reignited all together in 2007 3 years ago, I would've laughed at their faces )), we're just being greedy for wanting MOAR.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 04:12   Link #1275
NeoSam

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
Toriyama Working On New Dr. Slump Anime Movie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Toei Animation has revealed a new Dr. Slump animated film is being produced, to be released nationwide in Japanese theaters on March 3rd, screening simultaneously with the latest One Piece feature. The movie is described as a being based on a completely new work by creator Akira Toriyama. Details will be published on the animation and planned accompanying manga serial in the April, 2007 edition of the Japanese version of Shonen Jump to go on sale on 3/6/07.
For info about Dr. Slump:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Slump

Genre: Shounen, Comedy, Sci-fi
Old 2007-01-31, 06:17   Link #1276
NeoSam

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
Unidentified New Anime Coming Up In Japan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Signs have made themselves known that Geneon Entertainment is sharing a close relationship with Megami Magazine in Japan according to the March issue. Look for a new Geneon anime project to be announced soon based on one of the magazine's serialized manga works. Additionally, Frontier Works is brewing up a new as-yet unidentified new anime which could be revealed in the coming months.
Hmm... other than Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS and Galaxy Angelune, what other manga is serialized in Megami Magazine ?
Old 2007-01-31, 07:33   Link #1277
eggplant
Eggplant

シゴフミ 〜Stories of Last Letter〜
Shigofumi ~Stories of Last Letter~

Based on the Dengeki Bunko light novel by Amamiya Ryou, illustrated by Poko, one volume released as of today, with the second volume scheduled for March 10th.

Character concept by Kuroboshi Kouhaku (Kino no Tabi, Summon Night).

Synopsis:
Quote:
A story about a miracle, involving Fumika, a quiet but hard working girl who wears a uniform that of a mail carrier, and her talkative staff and partner Mayama. The Shigofumi is a posthumous letter, the last resort of relaying a deceased person's last message to his/her loved ones: family, friends, and significant other.
Source: Dengeki Bunko newsletter.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Last edited by eggplant; 2007-01-31 at 08:01. Reason: Added synopsis and novel cover.
eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 08:05   Link #1278
FireChick

There's also gonna be a Kamichama Karin anime soon!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 08:14   Link #1279
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
シゴフミ 〜Stories of Last Letter〜
Shigofumi ~Stories of Last Letter~
Yeah, I just noticed it a shounen(boy's) light novel published under the shounen light novel label Dengeki Bunko

Last edited by NeoSam; 2007-01-31 at 15:39. Reason: :P
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 05:41   Link #1280
NeoSam

And another anime got announced:

==========

ゲゲゲの鬼太郎
Gegege no Kitaro

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/kitaro/

Animation Studio: Toei Animation

This is the fifth time Gegege no Kitaro gets an animation coversion >.<

For info about past Gegege no Kitaro anime adaptations read here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ge_Ge_Ge_no_Kitaro

Quote:
TV Series
Ge Ge Ge no Kitaro was broadcasted on Fuji Television during the following four seasons:

1968-1969
1971-1972
1985-1988
1996-1998
Toei Animation animated the above series.
Genre: Shounen, Comedy, Fantasy

==========

Last edited by NeoSam; 2007-02-01 at 06:31. Reason: Added fantasy to genre :P
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announcements, new anime, trailers