AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-04-18, 13:52   Link #41
choowee
lurkeress

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuwing
wat is the reason for dreaming
wat is the scientific reasoning behind why we dream when we are asleeep.
hmm... there are different opinions on this. One scientific reasoning is that durring the REM cycle (the dream stage of sleep), brain activity increases to awake levels. My psych professor claims that the brain activity is actually random "spasms", for lack of a better term, of the sensory processing region of the brain. The brain then interperts these random spasms, thus producing a dream. This is why you often cannot repeat a dream to someone else, yet you vividly remember bits and pieces and remember feelings. This is also why you may feel like you are dreaming for days (or in one case with me, years) when you have only spent a few minutes in REM... time perception is handicapped.

Now if you want to know why our brains interpert things the way they do... we can go into Freud (I'd rather not )

Lucid dreaming is a bit different... I guess that would be when your brain keeps going with the dream and stops interperting sensory "spasms". Thus you have control with your dream- there was a time where I would lucidly dream everynight. When i was real young, I would actually start dreams staring all of my favorite cartoon characters (gi joe, thundercats, silver hawks, he- man, she-ra, etc.- and with me as the main character of course) everynight. Those were fun days...*sigh*. Can't do that anymore... don't know why.
choowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 15:24   Link #42
Jaz
omgwtf?!

Send a message via MSN to Jaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiggy
I think that I may want to read about that in the future.
Hehe, maybe I will put it down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken_Boxer
sorry jaz, but the last thing on my mind was finding out if the monkey is bitchslapping me or slapping me. but next time when if i have it ill pay extra attention.
Please do, I've got a soft spot for bitchslapping monkeys.
Jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 20:09   Link #43
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Alright, so I lied plus 1) I've been procrasting on my homework all day 2) I think that I'll forget it by tomorrow night.

Friday night after my little umm...drinking fun, I had this dream:

I was some kind of leprechuan thing to start off with. IDK where this came from just did. I was in a crowd at a stadium, Paul Brown, and I was enjoying myself greatly. Then these men started coming after me out of nowhere . I started running but they caught me. The took me back to my hometown where I used to play baseball. They wanted me to make something happen b/c they figured that I could. The thing is that in order for me to do it, I have to formally greet them (saying hi my name is_______). So these guys were trying to get me to introduce myself to them so that they could get their wish or some junk. Every time they did it, I would back away refusing to greet them. Every where I turned there someone was trying. I some how went through some legs and managed to escape.

The place I played baseball is like in BFE so there's nothing but country. Well...as I was running I figured that I would turn the land over to slow them down. The land was tiled, yes...like a bathroom floor tiled, some had velcro on the bottoms others didn't. So I was flipping these over and sliding on some trying to get up this hill away from the men. When I made it to the top of the hill, I was at the stadium again As I was trying to find a seat to hide, I saw that they too had made it back. After this I just woke up b/c it was too weird even for me plus the alcohol wasn't agreeing with the rest of my body, still isn't.

And that's that.
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 06:34   Link #44
Serendipity

Send a message via ICQ to Serendipity Send a message via AIM to Serendipity Send a message via MSN to Serendipity
Quote:
Originally Posted by choowee
Lucid dreaming is a bit different... I guess that would be when your brain keeps going with the dream and stops interperting sensory "spasms". Thus you have control with your dream- there was a time where I would lucidly dream everynight. When i was real young, I would actually start dreams staring all of my favorite cartoon characters (gi joe, thundercats, silver hawks, he- man, she-ra, etc.- and with me as the main character of course) everynight. Those were fun days...*sigh*. Can't do that anymore... don't know why.
I guess this might be because when you are younger, you don't think about as much, if you know what I mean. The human adult brain has so much information in it that it simply cannot summon the chosen dream - there are too many thought processes that interuppt.

That's my thoughts anyways..
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 02:14   Link #45
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
Ookay.. today was making friends with the person who wanted to beat me last year.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 10:04   Link #46
Spiggy
Invisible

Jaz: I still want to hear about the 100ft sesame street monster!! You're killing me here.

Age approx 8, the only dream I had that actually made me go to my parents room.

I had just went to the State Fair had lots of fun and stuff. While I was there, I saw a fun house there, but I've never went in it. I guess my curiosity and too many cartoons had a play in the dream which goes something like this.

I went into the the fun house with some people. It was dark as hell and loud. After walking in there for awhile we all get separated. I start freaking out b/c I can't find anyone but I can hear them. Every so often someone would scream whether in pain or fun...I didn't know. I finally make it to a mirror maze. This is when I start to lose it b/c I don't know which was it which. After a while, I make it out into this room with a moving floor. I couldn't get anywhere in this room b/c every time I try to make progress the floor would spin me around. Soon the floor started rotating and picking up speed. It became fast enough to where I couldn't stand up no matter what so just spun around. The walls then dropped to reveil that there was this enormous cliff. The floor kept spinning faster and faster but started tilting towards the cliff edge. I ended up falling off and some how manage to grab the edge of the cliff. So here I am dangling while this merry-go-round thing is spinning in front of my face getting closer and my grip is loosening. After a couple of seconds of debating to get decapitated or falling, I chose to fall. The fall was endless but being that age I completely freaked and woke up sweating and short of breathe. Then I got up shaking and went straight to the parent's room.
Old 2004-04-22, 10:44   Link #47
Jaz
omgwtf?!

Poor little Spiggy

Anyway. A-hum...
I was standing on long road. No trees in sight, only metallic lampposts but it was day so they were not on. To my left, there is this huge building with a lot of windows, (like the skyscrapers, only this on was not so high, but more horizontally long). Then in front of me, is standing this huge blue furry 100ft. tall creature, fortunally for me with it's back towards me. I decide to be carefull and to sneak towards the entrance of the building.
Suddenly when I leave the road to sneak towards the entrance, the huge creature turns around and notices me. (It actually had a orange bobble as it's nose) It doesn't say anything, it only started moving toward me. At that point I decided my best escape was to run towards the building. I ran too the building with the ground pounding of the monsters footsteps, then it began to run, even more pounding. I jumped through the entrance and ran towards the staircase. The monster then smashed the into the building with it's arm, completely destroying the ground floor. I got nocked down from the staircase back to the ground floor, I got up and ran toward a plaza in the middle of the building. Then I saw the monster looking over the building into the plaza, it reached and grapped me.
Then I woke up...

I always seem to wake up at the most scary part
Old 2004-04-22, 11:05   Link #48
Nightkiller

O_o all these scary dreams...I wonder if we tend to have less of these types of dreams as we grow up.

I remember I used to have tons of bad dreams when I was little including, but not limited to: driving my car and crashing, being chased by monsters, looking at a demonic head screaming at me, and falling off a very high building. Hehe I was pretty much a wimp. But now, I watch Ringu and I dream about...shopping?

Does anymore else feel the same way?

Also...dreams that come true. Aren't they kinda weird? I mean do you believe that they come true because our subconsious analyzed facts and then came up with situation which just happened to occur in real life? But I dont really know if I can believe that. It's weird, I think...
Nightkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 19:06   Link #49
0ink
Animal Mafia Godfather

Send a message via AIM to 0ink Send a message via Yahoo to 0ink
Dreamt i was a german ww2 soldier who went to destroy a catapult in a swedish base... :/

Managed to convince every swedish soldier that i was swedish.... i just pretended to be german.

The army messes up your mind... (im swedish btw).
0ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 20:43   Link #50
Spiggy
Invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz
Poor little Spiggy

Anyway. A-hum...
I was standing on long road. No trees in sight, only metallic lampposts but it was day so they were not on. To my left, there is this huge building with a lot of windows, (like the skyscrapers, only this on was not so high, but more horizontally long). Then in front of me, is standing this huge blue furry 100ft. tall creature, fortunally for me with it's back towards me. I decide to be carefull and to sneak towards the entrance of the building.
Suddenly when I leave the road to sneak towards the entrance, the huge creature turns around and notices me. (It actually had a orange bobble as it's nose) It doesn't say anything, it only started moving toward me. At that point I decided my best escape was to run towards the building. I ran too the building with the ground pounding of the monsters footsteps, then it began to run, even more pounding. I jumped through the entrance and ran towards the staircase. The monster then smashed the into the building with it's arm, completely destroying the ground floor. I got nocked down from the staircase back to the ground floor, I got up and ran toward a plaza in the middle of the building. Then I saw the monster looking over the building into the plaza, it reached and grapped me.
Then I woke up...

I always seem to wake up at the most scary part
WOOHOO...I finally got to hear/read it!!! I'm not sure if I'd be scared s***less or fall down laughing. What would've been great is if it squeaked or honked with every step (Slayers Great)... . That was an awesome story Jaz.

oink- you fooled the swedens into thinking you're swedish by being a german when you were infact german.. I'm usually pretty good at figuring out things but this one...I need to think on it. Is there a cultural reference that I'm missing? WTF am I thinking...it's a dream, most dreams aren't supposed to have meaning even though they most likely do. Sorry for that psychoanalysis

Nightkiller - Umm...no, I'm 24 and I still have scary dreams every so often. It all depends on what's going on with your life with dreams. Everyone who's posted opinions about them all agree that it's your brains way to make sense of all the signals bouncing around. Dreams that come true....in high school I sometimes had this deja vu type feeling. I'm not sure if I dreamt something 4 yrs ago and it's just now happening, or if I'm just so caught up in my usual activities that when I finally stop to think about it...it feels like a dream.
Old 2004-04-23, 08:39   Link #51
The1Voices
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The1Voices
ok first off im know for having wierd dreams so dont judge me.

ok i guess ill tell you guys about two wierd dreams i had in the same night.

the first one starts off with me in a one room apartment all by myself, standing near the front door, when all of a sudden 100s of millions of cocker roaches come flooding into the room from the bottem of the front door. then they all start to come together to for a woman w/ short black hair dressed in some shiny black leather outfit. i remember saying something 2 her then her replieing with ''This one is mine'' suddenly she whips out this strange looking gun and a big ass cocker roach, loads the roach into the gun and fires it into my chest, then i look down and watch as the cocker roach burrows in my chest. (and i wake up)

Later that night i went to sleep and proceeded to have another dream where i was baby sitting a mutant baby (it was all pale and vieny w/ a big head and a crack baby's body) any way it was jumping up and down on the bed dont ask my why, but it got to close to the edge and fell off and when it hit the ground it got a 5 inch pin stuck in the side of its head (from back to front like in the skin) i ran toward to baby and tried to pick it up but it was scraching the hell out of my fore arm w/ its foot, and all i kept saying was O my god O my god O my god over and over. (then i woke up some how while laying down on my bed jumping to my feet while staying stiff as a board repeating O my god over and over really fast.)
The1Voices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 08:57   Link #52
Jaz
omgwtf?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1Voices
the first one starts off with me in a one room apartment all by myself, standing near the front door, when all of a sudden 100s of millions of cocker roaches come flooding into the room from the bottem of the front door. then they all start to come together to for a woman w/ short black hair dressed in some shiny black leather outfit. i remember saying something 2 her then her replieing with ''This one is mine'' suddenly she whips out this strange looking gun and a big ass cocker roach, loads the roach into the gun and fires it into my chest, then i look down and watch as the cocker roach burrows in my chest. (and i wake up)
Dude, that really nasty...and I won't judge you, how is even possible to judge a man over his dreams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiggy
WOOHOO...I finally got to hear/read it!!! I'm not sure if I'd be scared s***less or fall down laughing. What would've been great is if it squeaked or honked with every step (Slayers Great)... . That was an awesome story Jaz.
Haha, unfortunally it didn'y squeaked nor honked. It still wonder though, why is tlooked like something for Sesame Street. Elmo and his friends are usually friendly, and not that big
Old 2004-04-23, 09:54   Link #53
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
Wow, interesting dreams. And yes, I read them all. I don't often remember mine unless I wake up in the middle. But that happened two days ago so I will share that one.

I was with some guy (I'm a girl) and we had to go and rescue a girl in a fortress on the other side of a river. I can't swim IRL (Yea I know thats bad I just never learned.) so the guy was going across alone to go and save her. There were ropes in the river like you would see in a pool with the floaties. From the shore, I was watching him swim and was in awe at how fast he was maneuvering under them and then back to the surface. But somehow the guy gets hurt and is back on the shore with me. He says he can't swim across and so it's up to me to go and save the girl.

So I start off going slowly and trying my hardest to keep my body relaxed. I wasn't worried about how exactly I was going to save her once I got there, my main concern was being able to cross the river. I move from rope to rope and when I go under one I would take a deep breath and hold on till I was resurfaced, pulling myself up with the rope.

Everything is going smoothly, and then when I go to resurface after a rope, there is a blue tarp above me. I start to panic, but my head is telling me to relax. I had just taken a deep breath, so I knew I was ok for a minute. (For some reason, I didn't think of turning back) I tore through the tarp and pulled my head through the hole and took a deep breath. But then I realized that there was another tarp! It felt like the breath I had just taken hadn't done any good even though my brain was telling me that it had been actual air. I tore through the next tarp, took a deep breath only to open my eyes and panic again at another tarp. This repeated and then at the fourth tarp, I was struggling and couldn't tear through it. I was sinking and out of air. I started thinking "This is it....I'm going to die" I wasn't so much concerned for my death, but that I wouldn't be able to go and rescue the girl.

Then I woke up and sat straight up while gasping for air. I'm sure someone could psychoanalyze that, but I tease myself and say I just need to learn how to swim. ^_~
Taboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 11:03   Link #54
Jaz
omgwtf?!

You can't swim..... .....

Interesting dream, funny how subconscious mind can play tricks on you. I've never had a dream about drowning, nor about water that I can remember. I'm a very dry dreamer.
But suffocating is said to be a painless and quiet death.
Old 2004-04-23, 14:22   Link #55
Spiggy
Invisible

Taboo - man...that would really suck. Kind of like watching those movies where the person is trapped under ice.
The1Voices - That's creepy...just plain creepy.
Jaz - I would kill to see a 100ft Cookie Monster ravage some big city. "Mmmm...me want cookie!!!"
Old 2004-04-24, 18:20   Link #56
Evan
天使我爱你

Weird dreams??
I can say that I was in a strange place being chased by tentacle monsters?
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 22:16   Link #57
Spiggy
Invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by <EvAnGeLiOn>
Weird dreams??
I can say that I was in a strange place being chased by tentacle monsters?
Hmm....sounds like you either had a really nice dream or a really bad one 'pending how you swing However, the smiley at the end tells me it was a really good one.
Old 2004-04-25, 22:51   Link #58
demosthenes

i dont usualy remember my dreams but the worst one i remember, i remember vividly. i was around 11 years old. the dream started off with me and my brother playing a card game outside on the sidewalk. then my stepmother called out that they were going to go look at a house to move to and if any one whanted to go. i wanted to go but when i went to stand up my legs didnt work. some they left without me. my stepbrother didnt want to go and my sister stayed home to finish the laundery. for some reason my step brother was living in this brocken down car in the front yard and had said to put all the laundry ontop of the car for isulation. while i was still outside trying to get my legs to work my sister came out with a basket of laundry. she stoped just outside the door and then set the basket down and grabed out a shirt and said it was one of my other stepbrother's and started to fold it. i looked away for a secound and all the sudden i heard my sister screaming. my step brother was hitting her in the head with a hammer. the intire time she was rolling around in the yard trying to get away from him i couldent move my legs. all i could do was watch.
demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 23:16   Link #59
Spiggy
Invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by demosthenes
i dont usualy remember my dreams but the worst one i remember, i remember vividly. i was around 11 years old. the dream started off with me and my brother playing a card game outside on the sidewalk. then my stepmother called out that they were going to go look at a house to move to and if any one whanted to go. i wanted to go but when i went to stand up my legs didnt work. some they left without me. my stepbrother didnt want to go and my sister stayed home to finish the laundery. for some reason my step brother was living in this brocken down car in the front yard and had said to put all the laundry ontop of the car for isulation. while i was still outside trying to get my legs to work my sister came out with a basket of laundry. she stoped just outside the door and then set the basket down and grabed out a shirt and said it was one of my other stepbrother's and started to fold it. i looked away for a secound and all the sudden i heard my sister screaming. my step brother was hitting her in the head with a hammer. the intire time she was rolling around in the yard trying to get away from him i couldent move my legs. all i could do was watch.
Man...I've typed it before and I'll type it again, we are some messed up people. We add some interesting insight though b/c we are this way. Geesh, i don't know how I would've taken that dream. I've never had a dream that affected family. You must really care about them if you're worried that something will happen and you can't do anything to stop it.
Old 2004-04-26, 01:14   Link #60
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demosthenes
We are messed up people... that's very creepy.
When I was about 5, I had a series of nightmares that had the Boos from Mario in them. They just got closer whenever I looked back...
AHHHH!!!!!!
Does anyone else have any anime dreams? I've had a few...
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dreams