AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-09-20, 03:17   Link #1981
The Green One

Spoiler for About next chapter:
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 03:27   Link #1982
teja208
Critical fanboy

I always though the cause behind Miyanaga family break up is related to Mahjong or something which involves mahjong at least, but it seemed to be far more complicated than that. It maybe too soon to draw any proper conclusion, but I have a feeling it has something to do with death or murder.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 04:12   Link #1983
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

The flower who bloom over wall of the dead- anon

...lol

if the spoiler picture is true, then yes, I guess the problem is far more complex than we think

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 04:21   Link #1984
Sumeragi
Banned

*Rubs her hands*

Just as expected.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 05:14   Link #1985
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Spoiler for About those frames:

But yeah, BURNING BUILDINGS.
Old 2012-09-20, 05:17   Link #1986
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Spoiler for About those frames:

But yeah, BURNING BUILDINGS.
Spoiler for :

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 05:19   Link #1987
Sol Falling

The kicking pic is a shoop. It's just a modified version of the upper right frame, not part of the actual spoilers.

As for the fire (buildings, wheelchair), I guess it's just the black and white colour scheme but without any context I'm thinking those effects could also be water.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 05:22   Link #1988
orangejuicetang

I see. That makes more sense actually, I was a bit curious about the odd way the head was sticking out of the water.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 05:49   Link #1989
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
The kicking pic is a shoop. It's just a modified version of the upper right frame, not part of the actual spoilers.

As for the fire (buildings, wheelchair), I guess it's just the black and white colour scheme but without any context I'm thinking those effects could also be water.
I can believe that, it seemed way out of character for Saki.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 05:52   Link #1990
tsunade666

It is indeed edited if you expect carefully. A pretty bad one too. Specially the sfx that's totally out of place and color with the whole frame.

But the most intriguing part is the wheelchair and burning building. It looks like the wheelchair fell into the water and she as looking at the place where it fell.
Old 2012-09-20, 06:16   Link #1991
night_sentinel

And here I was thinking that well be getting some nice easy going chapters, perhaps Eisui and Miyamori on the beach, then this happened...

Finally were being thrown a bone about what happened to the family... but wow ... just wow... even if the picture is seriously lacking context, my most optimistic interpretation of that leaked picture makes the worse theories that we speculated feel like fluffy bunnies ... apparently the Miyanagas' problem is more serious than we thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling

Thank god. My brain is trying to twist itself into pretzels when I saw that image and the implication that Saki might have killed someone in the past. Good thing to know its a shopped image.

Regarding the fire perhaps being water, I think your partially right about that - its more likely that wheelchair is thrown under water than miraculously on fire. On the other hand, the building looks like its on fire to me.

Last edited by night_sentinel; 2012-09-20 at 06:26.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 06:55   Link #1992
JW1

Thank goodness it looks like we're going to get a proper sister-estranging plotline, not some silly "Teru didn't like the way Saki played mahjong" nonsense.
JW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 07:26   Link #1993
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I haven't read/spoiled myself on all of the Saki manga, but Myssa Rei recently informed me on the latest big sister estrangement reveal, and so I think I'll comment on it here.

While I completely accept how mahjong is a big deal in the Saki-verse, I'm honestly kind of glad that something more severe than mahjong-based disputes is what caused the estrangement between Saki and Teru.

Those flashback images are somewhat vague, of course, but they clearly imply something very serious.

Knowing that Saki can be a clutzy girl at times, and knowing that Saki has a tendency to get lost at times, I'm going to make the following guess: Clumsy and/or reckless behavior on Saki's part caused the severe injury and/or death of somebody very close to Teru. Maybe it was Saki frolicking around with Teru's friend by playfully pushing her while she was in her wheelchair, and Teru's friend was enjoying it until Saki accidentally went too far and pushed Teru's friend straight off a pier to a watery grave...

Yeah, I can see Teru disowning her sister over that, or something like it. Even if it was an accident, it was a stupid one, and it cost Teru one of her closest friends.
Old 2012-09-20, 07:53   Link #1994
night_sentinel

Yeah, whatever the current estrangement is about... it seems to be totally serious.

Anyway, after getting over my shock, I can't help noticing this shot...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The picture frame... it looks life a family photo... obviously there is Saki at the middle, Teru at the left, and their mom and dad respectively in the back of the Miyanaga siblings...

But, then who are the two figures at the right? (the mysterious blond girl and another mysterious figure that the pane conveniently cut off so we can't see the face.)

Are they family friends? cousins? or still unmentioned siblings that may or may not have died?

And this maybe reading too much on the picture frame, but you will notice that Teru is in front of their mom while Saki is in front of their dad and coincidentally that is exactly the way that the siblings separated themselves.

If we follow basing this on who is close with who on the photo...
Saki is right in the middle of Teru and unknown blond girl... and if we ignore the shopped image ... Saki and blond girl seems to be getting along in the pier and there is no sign that Saki actually pushed said blond girl... but that still begs the question of where is the blond girl right now?!!

I want the raws so bad right now... sigh 2 more days to go...

@ Triple_R
Nice theory, but I wonder what the hell the burning building symbolized ? The hospital burning? their house burning?

I still maintain though that Saki hasn't actually killed anyone accidentally or not... or else Saki would probably be more guilty and more self-loathing or probably committed suicide judging from her personality.

Heck, even if Teru forgive Saki over it, Saki certainly would never forgive herself. So whatever Saki did must be something less heinous than leading someone to their death even accidentally or else Saki will never seek reconciliation with Teru.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 07:56   Link #1995
uis

more spoiler pic from futaba...

Spoiler for 102 spoiler:

There are many theories about Saki and Teru past. The popular on in 2ch and futaba now is saki sibling actually have 4. Teru is the 2nd and Saki is the youngest. The eldsest one probably died in that accident (that picture) and the 3rd one is actually one of Kei harem huhuhu... that Tsuiki Moko.

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 08:15   Link #1996
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Spoiler for Comment on new pictures of chapter:

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2012-09-20 at 08:48.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 08:30   Link #1997
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Spoiler for Next chapter:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 08:48   Link #1998
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Requiem-x: Actually, if I'm reading it right, it's actually Nodoka who's commenting on Kirame, and not Yuuki. And do recall these three went to middle-school together, with Kirame as the sempai (see the extra chapter of the main manga where Nodoka transfers to Nagano).

night_sentinel: I understand how hair colors mean NOTHING in Saki, but wouldn't it be funny if blondie is related to Awai?

P.S. The pictures make it PAINFULLY clear that not only does Nodoka not wear panties, she doesn't wear a bra either. The sheer amount of jiggle is mind-boggling. It's going to be weird seeing it animated someday.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2012-09-20 at 09:13.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 09:16   Link #1999
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Yeah, whatever the current estrangement is about... it seems to be totally serious.

Anyway, after getting over my shock, I can't help noticing this shot...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The picture frame... it looks life a family photo... obviously there is Saki at the middle, Teru at the left, and their mom and dad respectively in the back of the Miyanaga siblings...

But, then who are the two figures at the right? (the mysterious blond girl and another mysterious figure that the pane conveniently cut off so we can't see the face.)

Are they family friends? cousins? or still unmentioned siblings that may or may not have died?

And this maybe reading too much on the picture frame, but you will notice that Teru is in front of their mom while Saki is in front of their dad and coincidentally that is exactly the way that the siblings separated themselves.
Well, now that you draw my attention much more closely to it, I think there's an obvious implication being made by that picture.

Spoiler for Obvious Theory:

Quote:

@ Triple_R
Nice theory, but I wonder what the hell the burning building symbolized ? The hospital burning? their house burning?

I still maintain though that Saki hasn't actually killed anyone accidentally or not... or else Saki would probably be more guilty and more self-loathing or probably committed suicide judging from her personality.

Heck, even if Teru forgive Saki over it, Saki certainly would never forgive herself. So whatever Saki did must be something less heinous than leading someone to their death even accidentally or else Saki will never seek reconciliation with Teru.
Well, maybe Saki didn't outright accidentally kill the girl, but rather just accidentally hospitalized her... and then a fire at the hospital did the rest.

Or maybe the burning building is purely symbolic, who knows?

I definitely think that wheelchair indicates that somebody at least got injured, though. And that injury (or worse) is somehow tied into why Saki and Teru are estranged from each other. Saki accidentally being responsible for that is probably the easiest way to get from there to where we are now with the sisters being estranged. But the simplest solution, while certainly worth considering, isn't necessarily the right solution of course.
Old 2012-09-20, 09:32   Link #2000
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
night_sentinel: I understand how hair colors mean NOTHING in Saki, but wouldn't it be funny if blondie is related to Awai?
I was thinking on the same line... but my theory is that blondie is Awai herself... this could explain why Awai never uses honorifics when talking to Teru and closeness between the two... could they be cousins?
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri