AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-30, 15:49   Link #4201
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Well, they are just 21 but later Jail made more so I don't know if those ones count
There are 21 on Earth in season one. It is possible that there are more in the Bureau's custody (where Scaglietti could have stolen them from) or elsewhere in the universe. I wouldn't put it past him to just replicate them, however.
Old 2013-01-01, 21:40   Link #4202
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I think they did say he made those. Otherwise I don't get how the jewels could be so weak and use as AAA batteries for some robots.
Old 2013-01-02, 02:32   Link #4203
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
I think they did say he made those. Otherwise I don't get how the jewels could be so weak and use as AAA batteries for some robots.
It wasn't perfectly shown but it looked like that were not full jewel seeds, but minor circuity-scale bits put in said circuity.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2013-01-02, 10:04   Link #4204
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

But I do remember Fate saying that those things were Jewel Seeds, explaining to Shari that she and Nanoha use to collect them. So maybe they weren’t the real thing at all and were part of the Jailtech that works so well for gadget drones.
Old 2013-01-02, 20:14   Link #4205
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
They looked like jewel seeds, and Fate tells Yuuno that some went missing. But for every drone to have one, means Jail either found tons more, or was able to build some copies after studying the originals. My guess is on the latter.
Old 2013-01-02, 20:26   Link #4206
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I suppose if Jail was able to replicate them, the Jewel Seeds are not quite Lost Logia anymore? Part of the attributes for the Lost Logia classification is that people are unable to recreate them, I'm told.
Old 2013-01-02, 22:40   Link #4207
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

But Jail is the greatest expert on Lost Logia. Maybe he create weaker approximations to the originals.
Old 2013-01-03, 01:25   Link #4208
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I can agree with Sansker's theory, considering the original Jewel Seeds were Lost Logia so unstable and hard to control that they could alter the fabric of reality itself i doubt the ones found on the drones were the real deal ...maybe a revised and controlled counterfeit/replica who is weaker but much more stable and usable.

In fact, for a "girly" season as the original show was, the Jewel Seeds are maybe on of the most powerfull lost logia in canon to date, there's a reason why they never got used by anyone but Precia. Kind of reminds me of an interesting doujinshi of an Evil Nanoha coming from a parallel universe who curbstomps freking everyone just by herself because her version of Rising Heart was somehow modified to use all 21 original Jewel Seed as a powersource ...and they're like a billion times more pwoerfull than puny cartridges.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-01-03, 01:42   Link #4209
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
But Jail is the greatest expert on Lost Logia. Maybe he create weaker approximations to the originals.
That is the most likely explanation. Jail needed a power source for the Type III Gadgets (the big fat ones), so he put Jewel Seeds into them. However, seeing how there are many more Type IIIs than Jewel Seeds, he was probably able to find a cheaper power device later on.

The only problem is why he would assign one of the older prototype Seed-powered Type IIIs to the train smuggling mission. Unless he specifically wanted RF6 to find them...
Old 2013-01-03, 01:53   Link #4210
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I can agree with Sansker's theory, considering the original Jewel Seeds were Lost Logia so unstable and hard to control that they could alter the fabric of reality itself i doubt the ones found on the drones were the real deal ...maybe a revised and controlled counterfeit/replica who is weaker but much more stable and usable.

In fact, for a "girly" season as the original show was, the Jewel Seeds are maybe on of the most powerfull lost logia in canon to date, there's a reason why they never got used by anyone but Precia. Kind of reminds me of an interesting doujinshi of an Evil Nanoha coming from a parallel universe who curbstomps freking everyone just by herself because her version of Rising Heart was somehow modified to use all 21 original Jewel Seed as a powersource ...and they're like a billion times more pwoerfull than puny cartridges.
Then she ****-***es them?
Old 2013-01-03, 02:28   Link #4211
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
The only problem is why he would assign one of the older prototype Seed-powered Type IIIs to the train smuggling mission. Unless he specifically wanted RF6 to find them...
Isn't that basically the conclusion Fate reached with Shari? Basically him wanting them to find them, sending them the message "Look what I can do!"?
Old 2013-01-03, 07:12   Link #4212
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Or he wanted credit: "These are my inventions and I'm a mad scientist."
Old 2013-01-03, 11:30   Link #4213
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

He did put his name on the things so could be just his ego. I mean talking about the few things a villain should never do "put your name on your robots" should ne one of them. At least he didn't call them "Jailbots"
Old 2013-01-03, 13:56   Link #4214
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
At least he didn't call them "Jailbots"
Those would be the Numbers. Oh wait, you said Jailbots.
Old 2013-01-03, 20:01   Link #4215
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well consider Jail's obsession with ancient tech and put young girls nude in jars I didn't think that was a good name
Old 2013-01-03, 21:17   Link #4216
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I suppose if Jail was able to replicate them, the Jewel Seeds are not quite Lost Logia anymore? Part of the attributes for the Lost Logia classification is that people are unable to recreate them, I'm told.
Who says they were full versions of the originals? My guess is that they were simply poorer copies, limited in what they could do. They were, if nothing else, a portal energy source... something that might be needed to generate an anti-magic field.

As far as the definition of lost logia, it was my understanding it was just a term for ancient technology left over from a civilization. Whether or not it could be replicated, would seem to make it immaterial. I presume that, with enough study, any piece of lost logia could be replicated.

The Dividers could be seen as lost logia, too, and there are replicas of them.
Old 2013-01-05, 08:20   Link #4217
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Guys, guys, Q&A remember? Facts or "we don't know" should be the tools of the trade here, not speculation.
Old 2013-01-05, 10:24   Link #4218
BeastsLair's Fraggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Guys, guys, Q&A remember? Facts or "we don't know" should be the tools of the trade here, not speculation.

Yeah, while this discussion was very interesting I still haven't found a decent list on the jewel seeds that appeared in Nanoha season 1.
Old 2013-01-05, 22:06   Link #4219
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

What do you mean by list? Were just 21, number from I to XXI, and that is it
Old 2013-01-06, 04:53   Link #4220
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
What do you mean by list? Were just 21, number from I to XXI, and that is it
I think Fraggle was interested in where each of the Seeds appeared (in which episode, under which circumstances) and how it was sealed.